Chelsea vs Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An unfit Drogba is better than no Drogba considering our lack of options, however.

That.

Not to mention that as young Sturridge won't get starts in such important games his alternatives are either playing a man who has developed an allergy to the box or having Salomon Kalou lead the line.

I really don't think so. When he's ill, he's not interested, when he's not interested, he might as well not be there. I'd rather see 100% fit players on the pitch if I'm honest. I mean it's not like the 3 I named, can't find the back of the net.

I see your point. But the difference is with an unfit Drogba is any moment he can explode into life and supply the goal or assist that wins the game. Sturridge might be able to do that against MSK Zilina but he won't have a sniff against nine defenders today.

We desperately need to get back into the groove today.

As for wether JT is being rushed back, I'm not so sure on that. I was under the impression that Alex had his surgery postponed until JT was ready to come back. Had JT still been injured his surgery would have been put back another week or so.

Essien will no doubt add some bite to the midfield that we've been lacking of late. All we need is for our strikers to start finding the net. We are creating plenty of chances so thats not a concern. Drogba needs to get in the zone.....and quick.

^ I think since he's come here he's changed his game, much more into the Anelka type role now I find, just needs a cooler head.

Be honest guys, Kalou is starting today, hope Malouda is still in midfield

3 points Chelsea...please :(

Townsend's lineups (Mistake included):

Cech

Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole

Essien Mikel Malouda

Anelka Drogba Drogba Kalou

Saha

Pienaar Fellaini Cahill Heitinga Coleman

Baines Distin Jagielka Neville

Howard

Their guess is as good as ours.

On the bright side even if we lose this one it will hardly be more frustrating than that 3-3 draw.

I see your point. But the difference is with an unfit Drogba is any moment he can explode into life and supply the goal or assist that wins the game. Sturridge might be able to do that against MSK Zilina but he won't have a sniff against nine defenders today.

Well, I can just hope you're right and we see Drogba do that today :chelsea2:

Drogba Sturridge

sturridge23vision.png

Well, that's clearly not happening any time soon :lol:

Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.

Subs:Turnbull, Ramires, Ferreira, Sturridge, Bruma, Kakuta, McEachran.

FFS.

We'll be dreadful.

What makes you think that? Surely that's the strongest lineup we have at the minute?

Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.

Subs:Turnbull, Ramires, Ferreira, Sturridge, Bruma, Kakuta, McEachran.

FFS.

We'll be dreadful.

LOL.. That's the best we can do right now? (though Sturridge for Kalou will be ideal).. Still very strong!

What makes you think that? Surely that's the strongest lineup we have at the minute?

Call it anything between a feeling and a disappointment (due to seeing the same old sh*t we've been watching) but I can't be positive when we're playing Everton and our attack consists of unfit or inconsistent players.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ...