Liverpool vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Lol some people are acting like we have already lost the title race. This is the premiership and we are going to lose games, yes the players were toothless in the first half and that probably lost us the game but keep your heads up it's Chelsea !

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have all just witnessed why we won’t come anywhere near winning the Champions League. We may win the Premier League but, like last season, it will be a case of being the best out of a very bad bunch of teams.

Who else thinks Sturridge should start over Kalou from now on?

He should have been starting ahead of him for a long time now. He has three things that Kalou doesn't; actual pace, a first touch and a good shot. If Ancelotti doesn't rate him that's fine but to continue playing a weaker player ahead of him just because he scores the 6th goal in a rout is wrong. Sturridge is a better player and anybody with common sense can see that. The time being wasted on Kalou to do nothing would aid Sturridge's development.

You have all just witnessed why we won't come anywhere near winning the Champions League. We may win the Premier League but, like last season, it will be a case of being the best out of a very bad bunch of teams.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?! Its Novemeber! We're still in the Champions League and thats more about luck anyway and having a decent ref.Bit early to say we wont win it :S

Postive thinking!! We lost loads of games last year.Okay none against the top 4 but hey.And Man U aint lost yet but that happen soon...we hope! And even if they dont loose they've still dropped points but drawing.Might not loose anymore

We're still top!! Long way to go!

You have all just witnessed why we won't come anywhere near winning the Champions League. We may win the Premier League but, like last season, it will be a case of being the best out of a very bad bunch of teams.

That's ridiculous, the champions league comes down to luck more than anything else, we've outplayed teams in the CL and lost due to bad decisions.

It's one defeat to liverpool god you'd think we'd just been relegated from some of the reactions on here.

If ever there was a game to illustrate exactly how important Didier Drogba is to Chelsea this was it. I don't think Im exaggerating when I say that was the worst half of football I can remember Chelsea under Ancelotti playing, it was defensively frail, our attacking threat simply did not exist but above all else we had a midfield 3 that could best be described as dysfunctional. Mikel lacking options to pass the ball to, Ramires not involved and worst of all Zhirkov whose passing, positioning, on the ball and off the ball work were baffling at the best of times. Individual errors cost us dearly today, neither Alex or Ivanovic closing down Kuyt for the first goal, Ashley losing the ball for the second goal.

The key problem in the first half for Chelsea was pretty simple, Liverpool's strikers and midfield pressed the ball, Chelsea's midfield lacked somebody who could get between the lines and offer a creative release and as a result the ball continously went sidewards or backwards meaning we had very few attacks and none of them telling. Therein lies the beauty of Drogba because you see teams do this to us time and time again and Drogba is the outball to it, a simple long ball down the pitch and you know Drogba will compete for it which may lead to a throw in or a free kick or he may win the ball and from there we can set up an attack with our front three or any of our other players breaking forward. Today, with our midfield out of sorts, with Liverpool pressing the ball very well, we went long and we didn't find Drogba, we found Nic Anelka, who as good a player as he is, is not the physically dominating Ivorian.

In the second half it was no coincidence that we were significantly better than in the first, even a Drogba with fever was much more of a handful than any of our attackers had been in the first half, providing a target, competing, running and providing a bit of quality, he was the reason for our good play in the second half, hopefully he will be fit for the game against Fulham on Wednesday night. Anyway we were a bit unlucky second half, Malouda's shot from a Drogba cross which Reina did well to keep out, Nic Anelka hitting the bar, Ramires heading over ect.

Could be worse anyway, Arsenal lost and Man Utd have to travel to The City Of Manchester Stadium Wednesday night and we are still top of the table.

If ever there was a game to illustrate exactly how important Didier Drogba is to Chelsea this was it. I don't think Im exaggerating when I say that was the worst half of football I can remember Chelsea under Ancelotti playing, it was defensively frail, our attacking threat simply did not exist but above all else we had a midfield 3 that could best be described as dysfunctional. Mikel lacking options to pass the ball to, Ramires not involved and worst of all Zhirkov whose passing, positioning, on the ball and off the ball work were baffling at the best of times. Individual errors cost us dearly today, neither Alex or Ivanovic closing down Kuyt for the first goal, Ashley losing the ball for the second goal.

The key problem in the first half for Chelsea was pretty simple, Liverpool's strikers and midfield pressed the ball, Chelsea's midfield lacked somebody who could get between the lines and offer a creative release and as a result the ball continously went sidewards or backwards meaning we had very few attacks and none of them telling. Therein lies the beauty of Drogba because you see teams do this to us time and time again and Drogba is the outball to it, a simple long ball down the pitch and you know Drogba will compete for it which may lead to a throw in or a free kick or he may win the ball and from there we can set up an attack with our front three or any of our other players breaking forward. Today, with our midfield out of sorts, with Liverpool pressing the ball very well, we went long and we didn't find Drogba, we found Nic Anelka, who as good a player as he is, is not the physically dominating Ivorian.

In the second half it was no coincidence that we were significantly better than in the first, even a Drogba with fever was much more of a handful than any of our attackers had been in the first half, providing a target, competing, running and providing a bit of quality, he was the reason for our good play in the second half, hopefully he will be fit for the game against Fulham on Wednesday night. Anyway we were a bit unlucky second half, Malouda's shot from a Drogba cross which Reina did well to keep out, Nic Anelka hitting the bar, Ramires heading over ect.

Could be worse anyway, Arsenal lost and Man Utd have to travel to The City Of Manchester Stadium Wednesday night and we are still top of the table.

Great post here!

The only thing about Drogba is, this season he's looked very different. "Not interested" is the term that keeps spurring up about him. I think this disrupts the team harmony, if the players see Drogba doesn't look on it then they'll feel lost/frustrated.

Too many naysayers around here.

Guess what, I want us to win EVERYTHING even more now, just so that we can ram it down your throats.

Great post here!

The only thing about Drogba is, this season he's looked very different. "Not interested" is the term that keeps spurring up about him. I think this disrupts the team harmony, if the players see Drogba doesn't look on it then they'll feel lost/frustrated.

Personally I dont think its disinterest, I think he has played a bit of a different role, he seems to be drifted out wide a bit more allowing Nic, Malouda or Kalou(depending on who is playing on the day) to move into the centre more often, he seems to be creating more than he is scoring. Though I thought against Spartak Moscow midweek, in the second half we saw the old, centre forward version of Drogba, he was absolutely dominating, I thought second half when he came on, despite not being 100% he was excellent, a constant target for our players to hit and pretty much the launch pad from which most of our attacks were built.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?! Its Novemeber! We're still in the Champions League and thats more about luck anyway and having a decent ref.Bit early to say we wont win it :S

Postive thinking!! We lost loads of games last year.Okay none against the top 4 but hey.And Man U aint lost yet but that happen soon...we hope! And even if they dont loose they've still dropped points but drawing.Might not loose anymore

We're still top!! Long way to go!

Our squad is thin. One of our most important players (Essien) is likely to be injured when the business end of the season rolls aorund. We can't function without our 32 year old striker, god knows what will happen when he starts to decline. Kalou is a shocking footballer, a mid-table level substitute masquerading as a useful striker for a top European club. Ramires was, once again, shambolic. No awareness, no speed of thought and worst of all a rubbish first touch that meant every second touch was a tackle.

This is the worst Liverpool team of the last decade being carried by 2 footballers yet we made the likes of Konchesky look good. It may just be Novemeber but these problems won't magically disappear in March, April or May. The truth of the matter is our squad has been mismanaged. We have three senior forwards (Malouda, Drogba, Anelka) backed up the useless Kalou. Ancelotit clearly doesn't rate Sturridge as he refuses to give him any serious time.

That's ridiculous, the champions league comes down to luck more than anything else, we've outplayed teams in the CL and lost due to bad decisions.

It's one defeat to liverpool god you'd think we'd just been relegated from some of the reactions on here.

trying to imagine what they would be like if they supported Aberdeen ...btw arse lost at home to the toon today

Great post here!

I'd suggest that Drogba, who is heading towards his 33rd birthday, is changing his style of play. He wasn't always going to be the rampaging bull he can be at his very best. From what I have seen of him this season I think he is playing in bursts and reserving energy to last the whole game. 'Not interested' is very cruel in my opinion. You can't expect a 32 year old to run like crazy all game.

Our squad is thin. One of our most important players (Essien) is likely to be injured when the business end of the season rolls aorund. We can't function without our 32 year old striker, god knows what will happen when he starts to decline. Kalou is a shocking footballer, a mid-table level substitute masquerading as a useful striker for a top European club. Ramires was, once again, shambolic. No awareness, no speed of thought and worst of all a rubbish first touch that meant every second touch was a tackle.

Strangely enough I agree with some of your points here.

However, I think Sturridge is slowly starting to prove himself to Carlo, whereas before he used to waste the chances given. When he came on vs Spartak midweek he made a considerable difference and I think soon enough Sturridge will become the 1st choice substitute.

In regards to Ramires. This wasn't his best game and yes most time first touches do let him down. However this was the same case earlier in the season and after the game vs Arsenal we saw him improve that. Then he got injured and wasn't back till midweek, I think today he got a bit intimidated by the Anfield faithful and let the occasion get to him. However do try and remember he's only 23 and with Carlo's coaching and Mikel helping on the pitch he will improve. He's got good potential, he's quick and strong (though you couldn't tell looking at him).

Very true! Hopefully United will drop points and we can maintain our 5 point gap by beating Fulham

Strangely enough I agree with some of your points here.

However, I think Sturridge is slowly starting to prove himself to Carlo, whereas before he used to waste the chances given. When he came on vs Spartak midweek he made a considerable difference and I think soon enough Sturridge will become the 1st choice substitute.

In regards to Ramires. This wasn't his best game and yes most time first touches do let him down. However this was the same case earlier in the season and after the game vs Arsenal we saw him improve that. Then he got injured and wasn't back till midweek, I think today he got a bit intimidated by the Anfield faithful and let the occasion get to him. However do try and remember he's only 23 and with Carlo's coaching and Mikel helping on the pitch he will improve. He's got good potential, he's quick and strong (though you couldn't tell looking at him).

Fair enough about Ramires. He may or may not improve but at the moment the £17m is looking completely wasted. We could have got ourselves another forward with that and just promoted one of the kids to be as hit and miss as Ramires is.

Too many naysayers around here.

Guess what, I want us to win EVERYTHING even more now, just so that we can ram it down your throats.

We?

Lmao, you are a joke. So fellow Chelsea fans are not allowed to criticize the team?...

Unbelievable.

Hey guys! STFU, otherwise madmax is going to ram it down our throats.

'Today we won the game 5-0, and torres was assassinated'... ignorance is bliss.

We?

Lmao, you are a joke. So fellow Chelsea fans are not allowed to criticize the team?...

Unbelievable.

Hey guys! STFU, otherwise madmax is going to ram it down our throats.

'Today we won the game 5-0, and torres was assassinated'... ignorance is bliss.

Criticising the team is one thing, to say we're not gonna win the CL based on one poor performance and to ridicule last year's double as being 'the best among a very poor bunch of teams' is crap. And yes, do stfu with your nonsense negative crap. If you can't say something positive, shut your trap and fuck off.