La Liga Thread

Steve

Watched the Clasico again and I could seriously watch that game over and over and over again. Incredible football.

I recently said Real is the better the team, compared to Chels, but not by that much. Boy was I wrong. Our boys still have quite a bit growing to do before they get to that level.

Best Player Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid Best Coach Diego Simeone Atletico Madrid Best Goalkeeper Keylor Navas Real Madrid (formerly Levante) Best Defender Sergio Ramos Real Madrid Best Defensive Midfielder Luka Modric Real Madrid Best Attacking Midfielder Andres Iniesta Barcelona Best Forward Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2247187-cristiano-ronaldo-wins-3-awards-as-real-madrid-dominate-2013-14-la-liga-gala

Individual awards are so messed up right now. Atletico do the impossible and win the league yet Real, finishing 3rd, dominate the individual awards? The stupidity of these people (of course, this is mostly the result of politics).

I usually don't care about these awards but this is ridiculous. Atletico's season was an historical achievement.

Best GK should've been Courtois. Easy pick.

Best defender was Godin. Ramos wasn't even Real's best defender last year.

Best DM Modric? When did Modric become a DM? He should've been nominated for best AM. Best DM was Gabi. He was incredible. He'll probably never have a year like that again.

Best AM Iniesta? That's hilarious and I'm a huge Iniesta fan. Koke, Di Maria and Modric should've been the top three. Di Maria was the best assist provider but Koke's contribution was crucial to winning the league. Modric was brilliant as well. This one's a bit harder but I would've gone Koke. His team mates are a lot less talented compared to star studded Real.

Best Forward Ronaldo? Ronaldo scored the most goals, fine. That's why he got the Golden Boot. Costa's presence up front was immense for Atletico and his goals won games for Atletico. He should've won.

Best Player should've gone to an Atletico player. Courtois, Godin or Costa would all have been good picks.

Atletico Madrid should feel outraged really.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2247187-cristiano-ronaldo-wins-3-awards-as-real-madrid-dominate-2013-14-la-liga-gala

Individual awards are so messed up right now. Atletico do the impossible and win the league yet Real, finishing 3rd, dominate the individual awards? The stupidity of these people (of course, this is mostly the result of politics).

I usually don't care about these awards but this is ridiculous. Atletico's season was an historical achievement.

Best GK should've been Courtois. Easy pick.

Best defender was Godin. Ramos wasn't even Real's best defender last year.

Best DM Modric? When did Modric become a DM? He should've been nominated for best AM. Best DM was Gabi. He was incredible. He'll probably never have a year like that again.

Best AM Iniesta? That's hilarious and I'm a huge Iniesta fan. Koke, Di Maria and Modric should've been the top three. Di Maria was the best assist provider but Koke's contribution was crucial to winning the league. Modric was brilliant as well. This one's a bit harder but I would've gone Koke. His team mates are a lot less talented compared to star studded Real.

Best Forward Ronaldo? Ronaldo scored the most goals, fine. That's why he got the Golden Boot. Costa's presence up front was immense for Atletico and his goals won games for Atletico. He should've won.

Best Player should've gone to an Atletico player. Courtois, Godin or Costa would all have been good picks.

Atletico Madrid should feel outraged really.

Fuck Real Madrid. Costa best forward, Tbio best GK, Godin best defender. Iniesta has been so shit, that's one a Real player should have won and didn't lol

I sat with a huge smile on my face watching Barcelona on Saturday :D

Can't see Madrid losing the title race anymore this year, they already had their dip at the beginning of the season, Barca just messed up.

Can't see Madrid losing the title race anymore this year, they already had their dip at the beginning of the season, Barca just messed up.

Madrid has won 1 title during the new galacticos era....

Nothing is won in la liga.

Where marlon brando telling me how uber great Messi is (GOAT) and busquets..

Aye, they needed Thiago's leadership.

Busquets isn't fit and Messi was a mess, just as the entire Barca team was. First time in almost 5 years that Madrid controlled the midfield over Barca, and the reasoning is blatant.

First off, welcome back. And second, great result prediction you had earlier which Alex pointed out.

Aye, they needed Thiago's leadership.

Busquets isn't fit and Messi was a mess, just as the entire Barca team was. First time in almost 5 years that Madrid controlled the midfield over Barca, and the reasoning is blatant.

First off, welcome back. And second, great result prediction you had earlier which Alex pointed out.

More like busquets will be replaced for Spain and Barcelona like i said months prior.

Pretty sure you also said barca was going to win against madrid....

More like busquets will be replaced for Spain and Barcelona like i said months prior.

Pretty sure you also said barca was going to win against madrid....

Looking forward to that never happening then.

And quote me where I said Barca would win. Good luck finding it.