LDN Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Wales vs Belgium, wow bad for Wales and then Wales are away to Serbia? Lmao good luck. Oh and Scotland are in the same group, fucking brilliant.

I'm looking forward to a few derby games coming up. Can see some 'serious foul play' in the Croatia - Macedonia game. Also Iceland vs Norway could be interesting. I like watching these qualifiers because u play countries you never played before rivalries get renewed and stuff. Oh and Austria vs Germany is also there coming up.

Doel: Courtois (A.Madrid), Gillet (Torino), Mignolet (Sunderland)

Verdediging: Alderweireld (Ajax), Ciman (Standard), Gillet (Anderlecht), Kompany (City), Lombaerts (Zenit), Pocognoli (Standard), V.Buyten (Bayern), Vermaelen (Arsenal), Vertonghen (Tottenham)

Middenveld: Blondel (Club Brugge), Defour (Porto), Dembele (Tottenham), Fellaini (Everton), Simons (Nurnberg), Witsel (Benfica)

Aanval: Benteke (Genk), De Bruyne (Bremen), De Camargo (Monchengladbach), De Ceulaer (Lokeren), Hazard (Chelsea), Lukaku (West Brom), Mertens (PSV), Mirallas (Everton)

Selected players for Belgium against Wales and Croatia.

6 points should be a great start of an exciting campaign..

BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis on Twitter: "Steven Gerrard reflecting on Euros says "it doesn't totally go out of your system but added "we are not far away as some people think we are"."

Erm.....been drinking something!Or just watching a completly different game to what we saw and have seen...gana be the same ole story with World Cup.Make it to the knock outs..either get trashed or go out on pens

SCOTLAND ARE GOING TO BEAT BELGIUM. :D :D :D :D :D :D :Goober:

:D

Let's say I wish you the best off luck to get some points agains Serbia & Croatia ^^

I would be over the moon if you can take some points away from them :blue scalf:

btw; I think this will be the team...

Holding position on the midfield is uncertain. No clue yet where our trainer is goin to with that one. "Our midfield 4" can play everywhere on the midfield...

Courtois

Gillet Kompany Vermaelen Vertonghen

Witsel Dembélé(or Defour)

Fellaini

Mirallas -------------- Hazard

Benteke

Lukaku cant play a full game yet according to himself! But he will be our Supersub :getin:

DeBruyne & Mertens also got a good chance to get in after 70'

So with a little luck; Courtois, Hazard, Lukaku & DeBruyne all together on the pitch :blue scalf:

:D

Let's say I wish you the best off luck to get some points agains Serbia & Croatia ^^

I would be over the moon if you can take some points away from them :blue scalf:

btw; I think this will be the team...

Holding position on the midfield is uncertain. No clue yet where our trainer is goin to with that one. "Our midfield 4" can play everywhere on the midfield...

Courtois

Gillet Kompany Vermaelen Vertonghen

Witsel Dembélé(or Defour)

Fellaini

Mirallas -------------- Hazard

Benteke

Lukaku cant play a full game yet according to himself! But he will be our Supersub :getin:

DeBruyne & Mertens also got a good chance to get in after 70'

So with a little luck; Courtois, Hazard, Lukaku & DeBruyne all together on the pitch :blue scalf:

Benteke is the player aston Villa bought right? Is he any good?

Benteke is the player aston Villa bought right? Is he any good?

Haven't seen enough of him as of yet, granted he's only 19 so we'll see. He did have a goal v. Holland but it wasn't a spectacular goal.

EdIt: Apologies Benteke is actually 21. As my compatriot indicated below he's about potential and I'm not sure he's quite ready for the Premier League, but he's certainly capable to play for a lower tier PL team.

Wait and see but 7.5 million pounds is quite a large transfer fee when you see players like Vertonghen and Dembele go around that price and they are much more established.

Haven't seen enough of him as of yet, granted he's only 19 so we'll see. He did have a goal v. Holland but it wasn't a spectacular goal.

Cheers, hopefully Lukaku can cement his place as Belgium's main striker. Given his physical characteristics and talent, I doubt he will play second fiddle to anyone but the best.

@capriccioso,I was rooting for the Aussies :P It's the first time in history Lebanon makes it to the second round of the qualifications, imagine how bad we would get smashed if we do make it to the world cup :fainthv9:

EDIT: Never mind, just found out it was a friendly.

I remember the first qualifying match for the '98 world cup was away to Moldova. They're a bit better now but we should obviously still comfortably win the game.

I don't think they have gotten any better. I can't think of a single Moldovan player who was even an average player at an average club in any of the major leagues.

They're still not obviously that good but still better than they were all those years ago. They only lost to Holland 1-0 home and away in the Euro 2012 qualifiers and beat Finland. They do make it a bit harder and they will most likely park the bus so it scoring the first goal early would be nice. Also the pitch is apparently shocking. These matches aren't easy.

Anyway the big one is October 12th. REVENGE ON SAN MARINO. Hope we score at least 10. I might even try n go, will be epic. Could play the 4th team and rest all the prem lads lol.