LDN Blue

* Caveat: just a friendly even if a well-disputed one.
Brazil deserved the win; they had the better chances to score even though possession was split.

Lucas Paqueta motm for me.

being originally from Brazil, and have been following WC and other international competitions for decades, this is that last final step which is so hard to take. When England plays anyone else but a select few (France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany) they will have the advantage as being a top tier team atm.
Now, when Facing one of those teams, it's at least even, and tbh, England was definitely missing something up front; yes Kane would've helped, but nothing good happening out wide either (though Bowen looked good at times).
I consider the teams pretty even player by player in most areas of the pitch; while Brazil does not have a Bellingham atm, Paqueta is far more skillful than Gallagher in that top mid position. The distance in the middle isn't that great. In attack however, Brazil just have more options. Richarlyson, for ex was sitting on the bench, and Brazil were missing a lot of potential starters today including both goalies from the PL.

The announcers kept on mentioning recent England winning streak, which means nothing at this level. This is what I mean about different tiers at club level as well. The opposition being played means literally everything; there is no comparison of better or worse without taking into account the quality of the opposition duh. And yet, it's something we fans tend to ignore as we focus on our fav team, and fav players.

It's going to be tough now for England to face off with the other top teams... it will require some tactical nuance that perhaps the current boss cannot provide. They will also need to find better solutions in attack esp when Kane is unavailable.

Edited by robsblubot

The luckiest team won.
A momentary lapse of concentration plus the Brazilians escaped the offside trap by split hairs.
If Paqueta is so good can we not snatch him from West Ham ?

8 hours ago, cosmicway said:

The luckiest team won.
A momentary lapse of concentration plus the Brazilians escaped the offside trap by split hairs.
If Paqueta is so good can we not snatch him from West Ham ?

Yeah I guess if you ignore the shots that hit the post and a past-goalie miss by vini then yeah then maybe I’d agree.

Where did I say that paqueta is so good? I said that he had a motm performance and that he is more skillful than Gallagher — many players are.

8 hours ago, gdlk said:

I just cant get Gordon or Galagher over Cole Palmer... 

I can understand Gallagher because of his combativeness same reason Brazil started w/o striker.

Agreed on Gordon but also suspect tactical choice.

still, it’s a different level here. Fodden had a shit game and he’s a very good player. 

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I can understand Gallagher because of his combativeness same reason Brazil started w/o striker.

Agreed on Gordon but also suspect tactical choice.

still, it’s a different level here. Fodden had a shit game and he’s a very good player. 

For Foden to thrive he needs more one and two touch players around him and the setup England had yesterday was not helping him. Too much backwards and sideways passing a lot like Chelsea to be fair.

31 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

For Foden to thrive he needs more one and two touch players around him and the setup England had yesterday was not helping him. Too much backwards and sideways passing a lot like Chelsea to be fair.

And the other team will try to stop that.

I agree that he lacks quality around him when he plays for England that’s going to be the case esp when Kane is out, but Brazil defending with a low block and quality players forced those backward passes. Much easier to play with space. 

Yeah, it's kind of surprising there isn't one already, right? I mean, international football is like this huge global thing, always so full of excitement and drama. Whether it's the World Cup or those intense continental tournaments, it's just insane how passionate people get about it. Can't wait to dive into discussions here about the upcoming matches and all the players to keep an eye on.

Honestly, I try to keep up with it all, but life gets busy, you know? That's when I turn to platforms like SportScore to get the lowdown on what's happening. But hey, if anyone knows any other handy sources for staying in the loop, especially when life gets hectic with work and family, I'm all ears!

Edited by Drogba210