LDN Blue

so you have the big 6 in Saudi 

Al-Hilal
Al-Nassr    
Al-Ittihad
Al-Ahli
Al-Shabab
Al-Ettifaq 

my father thinks that 6 other nations (all of the Arabian peninsula except for war-torn, poor Yemen) may try and get at least one one team in the league

United Arab Emirates (at least 2 teams, Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and maybe Sharjah )

then one each from

Qatar

Bahrain

Kuwait

Oman

Jordan

so. just watched multiple podcasts on the Saudi project

they all said the Saudia are going to try and get into the Champions League

my big question is, how the hell do they do that if UEFA insists on FFP for them?

they are committing 20 billion euros in just the next 6 years to build up the Saudi league's biggest teams

how can European clubs compete with that???

Edited by Vesper

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

so. just watched multiple podcasts on the Saudi project

they all said the Saudia are going to try and get into the Champions League

my big question is, how the hell do they do that if UEFA insists on FFP for them?

they are committing 20 billion euros in just the next 6 years to build up the Saudi league's biggest teams

how can European clubs compete with that???

Also UEFA = Union of European Football Associations.

Last time I looked Saudi weren't in Europe - then again Israel sneaked in because Arab countries refused to play them. Political minefield.

On 05/07/2023 at 15:31, Fulham Broadway said:

Also UEFA = Union of European Football Associations.

Last time I looked Saudi weren't in Europe - then again Israel sneaked in because Arab countries refused to play them. Political minefield.

££££££££££££££££ talks

• 4 weeks later...

A Costa Rican footballer has tragically died after being devoured by a crocodile while taking a dip in a river to cool off. 

Jesus Alberto Lopez Ortiz, whose nickname was 'Chucho', died after he was mercilessly killed by the reptile on July 29 as he tried cooling off in a river in Río Cañas, Guanacaste Province, in Costa Rica.

Horrific images show the father-of-two fighting for life as he was carried away by the animal in its jaws. 

Fucking hell, what a way to go