LDN Blue

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I have just realized that world cup is coming. World cup is always exciting and prestigious but the football quality is so bad compare to EPL to ucl.

I just hope the game is not as boring as last euro. 

I have a feeling this World Cup is going to be a really good one. Soo many top footballers are participating.

47 minutes ago, DDA said:

I have a feeling this World Cup is going to be a really good one. Soo many top footballers are participating.

The problem is not the footballer but the way many team play. 

Ultra defensive and pray that you will score either from opp mistake or set pieces. Some teams don't even have any plan on how to hurt the other team, they just play safe and hopefully get a lucky goal.

Portugal may won last euro but their game in euro was hard to watch. They don't need Ronaldo, in fact they play better without Ronaldo because he is not exaclty the most willing runner defensively.

• 5 months later...

Danish FA release entire national team squad in dispute over commercial deals

Andreas Christensen among those affected

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

A dispute over commercial rights between the Danish football association and players of the national team forced the former to dismiss the entire squad called up to play against Slovakia and Wales in the upcoming international break. Among those players sent home are Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen and Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/9/4/17814282/danish-fa-dismisses-andreas-christensen-christian-eriksen-call-up-in-dispute-over-commercial-deals

Switzerland 6 Iceland 0

What a pounding!!! Iceland looks to be done with the 2 year fairytale run.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45461587

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/09/08/switzerland-vs-iceland-highlights-full-match/#1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

congrats ;)

Cheers Johnny. Not that much of an England fan but it was a good game that takes them to the semis in your Portugal.

The victory also guarantees England a place in the Euro 2020 play-offs, a fallback in the event they fail to qualify for that tournament through the traditional route.

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Cheers Johnny. Not that much of an England fan but it was a good game that takes them to the semis in your Portugal.

The victory also guarantees England a place in the Euro 2020 play-offs, a fallback in the event they fail to qualify for that tournament through the traditional route.

you guys deserve all the praise, you clinched top spot in a group containing Spain and Croatia, England are no longer pushovers and deserve to be respected by opponents, goodluck in the semis mate. Cheers

Croatia is in total rebuilding mode. And we were playing with no fullbacks, even Kovačić got injured in same time as Rakitić. 

So I am pleased, regardless of League of Nation results. Congrats to England, man are they improving with every game! Kinda happy for them.

• 6 months later...

Norway's Erling Braut Håland scores record 9 goals in a 12-0 U20 World Cup win over Honduras

Related image

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/norway/story/3865028/norways-haland-scores-record-9-in-u20-wc-win

Norway's Erling Braut Håland scored a record nine goals for his team in a runaway 12-0 victory over Honduras at the U20 World Cup in Poland on Thursday.

The 18-year-old RB Salzburg striker scored four times before the half and then added another five after to break the previous record for goals in a single game at the U20 World Cup of six.

The 12-0 win also represents the largest margin of victory for a team in U20 World Cup history, eclipsing the 10-0 thrashing Brazil handed Belgium in the 1997 edition.

"It annoys me a little bit that I didn't score with my last kick of the game. I'll have to sit down and think a little bit about it and maybe I'll work out what happened," he told the Norwegian Football Association's website.

Having lost their opening games to Uruguay and New Zealand, the win gives Norway a chance of advancing to the knockout stages of the 24-team tournament as one of the four best third-placed teams from the six groups.

The Hondurans finished the game with nine men after Everson Lopez was shown a straight red card and crashed out of the tournament with no points following three defeats and no goals scored.

Håland, the son of former Leeds United and Manchester City player Alf-Inge Håland, had scored just six goals in all competitions for both club and country since September 2018, before his record-setting outing on Thursday.

Prior to his move to Austria in January, Håland scored 14 times for Molde in Norway's top flight and netted his first goal for Salzburg in May in a win over Linz.

snip

That 'only' 6 goals at the end of the article is very misleading, as he is averaging a goal every 111 minutes for his club since he moved from Molde, and a lot of that was in the Europa League. He scored a goal in top flight A-Bundesliga too, and has only played in 2 sub appearances there due to a knock, less than 90 minutes total, and both those sub appearances were against 2 other top teams.

3d24ba3b9c75bd76af3e0220f790360a.png

obviously Manure is sniffing around (OGS coached him at Molde)

4f6ec4c4040e4686c26f03486482da22.png