LDN Blue

There's not too much young English talent out there right now good enough for top Premier League teams at the moment and next season with the departure of a few individuals (such as Lampard unless he gets another contract extension) I think we'll need to sign some new English blood. Out of all possible targets, the one we've been linked with most I believe is Ross Barkley who's obviously just made his England debut.

I might be alone in thinking this but I think he plays like an English Dembele kinda.. or something similar to Lampard but not as naturally good at finishing, and better at tracking back and defending.

Idk, point is, If we sign anyone English any time soon, I hope we sign him (or Shaw :wub: ). I think he could be the perfect link between defence and attack. He can do everything. Chalobah - Barkley could be a rather decent duo some day.

In the World Cup I would like to see the midfield of

Barkley

Carrick-Wilshere

Need to start giving Barkley some games, he looks spectacular, might be a big jump but need to get the young ones started if you ask me. Plus it's a lot more technical than just fucking Gerrard hoofing the ball up.

Their seems to be more of a calmness about England now, more of a realistic look at where the country actually is and if England get to Brazil next summer there won't be so much expectancy which could work in the favour (like Chelsea in 2012 CL, Arsenal in 2006).

In 2010 there was that stupid Venables song, in 2006 it was the golden generation hype, now their's no hype we don't have a player at the peak of their powers and a manager that nearly relegated Liverpool, so maybe the less pressure might actually help the team and get England a respectable tounament at the very least.

Still maintain Terry and the FA need to swallow their pride to have a chance of actually winning tho.

Gerrard is the most over-rated player i have ever seen, and as he gets older it's getting worse, man of the match? really.

To be fair,he had a good game.Scored a nice goal and always had the vision for sneaky passes.He defended also quite well and always looked confident.Lambert and Welbeck equally had great games as well but in the end I guess Gerrard really deserved it for his all round performance.

We're top of our group though and practically already qualified with 19 points. We haven't lost a game and only drawn one game ! 16 million people in my country and we'd wipe the floor with the English national team !

Same story as the last Euro