LDN Blue

I often find fans are way more intelligent than players

Out of recent players only Frank Lampard,Petr Cech,Michael Ballack and Gary Neville really go against the grain. Didn't use to be the case but think the money involved in football in the last 20 years or so has made alot of talented kids not bother getting educated.

Jozy Altidore - what a player !

Absolutely destroyed us today. Yeah, our coach changed half of the team at HT, but still a fantastic performance by Altidore. Surprisingly big clubs didn't have a look at him so far, but this guy looks as strong as a rock with a pretty good technique and an excellent turn of pace. He's only 23 aswell.

Scotland can be proud of how they played. Don't think if I was English I'd be celebrating a 3-2 win over Scotland too much though, England were quite shocking. They tried to play through the midfield and it doesn't work when you have 3 players who are all really box to box players of sorts (Gerrard, Lampard/Wilshere, Cleverley), with no Carrick there was a big problem in there for England, no penetration from midfield really except for Walcott's goal. Wilshere couldn't get between the lines as Scotland were so deep and well organized, Gerrard sat deep most of the time and Cleverley was just Cleverley (useless really). England lack a leader in defense... (cough JT, COUGH)

Yes Scotland weren't quite Spain but when we got possession some of play was good, it was nothing spectacular but it was encouraging to see as the Scotland I remember all too easily played crappy long ball football to Kenny Miller but still we are a country ranked outside of the top 50 in the world, England are in the top 10 maybe even top 5....

Anyway from a Chelsea point of view, Cahill had another shocker loool, Lampard came on didn't do too much bar a very good shot which McGregor saved. I hope to god Cahill doesn't play as bad as that for us this season because against anyone and I mean anyone (Kenny fucking Miller.....) done him too easily.

P.S how good was Leighton Baines btw?

Edited by RyanDavidson

btw that was a fangirl response. I missed the :wub: after it.

I meant to simply take a chance to fangirl on him. I'm a huge fan.

I'm a huge fan of his too. I'd say if he had the experience Cole has had here and at Arsenal he'd be nailed on to start for England. Still think Ashley's experience edges it perhaps. He'd be an ideal replacement for Ash but I think we'll look at Luke Shaw as Baines is 28 this year IIRC.

I actually think if a top club got Rickie Lambert, he could do a Diego Milito. Even at Bristol Rovers i knew there was something really special about him.

What do you mean do a Diego Militio, Milito was always good. Just never played for a big enough club until 2009.....

What do you mean do a Diego Militio, Milito was always good. Just never played for a big enough club until 2009.....

As an Inter fan I politely disagree about Milito has always been good... or been good at all :P

God knows how much us Interistas lose our hair with his misses... there are tons of them every match. But he still scores more than Torres, so yeah, it's a good thing, but he isn't broadly known as someone really good.

As an Inter fan I politely disagree about Milito has always been good... or been good at all :P

God knows how much us Interistas lose our hair with his misses... there are tons of them every match. But he still scores more than Torres, so yeah, it's a good thing, but he isn't broadly known as someone really good.

You have to consider hes coming towards the end of his career now though, hes 33 or something now isn't he, the season Inter won the CL he was immense, people thought it was weird to pay 30m for him a year beforehand but he fully justified that tbh with some big performances (you as an Inter fan will be able to acknowledge that) ! Hes got a solid goalscoring record everywhere hes been. His brother Gabriel though, before injuries ruined him, he was a good defender...

As in get's snapped up by a big club a bit late into his career and shine.

I am surprised Lambert had done so well for Southampton in the PL last year but like Holt its fair to say you have to see how he does next year as well. Remember Holt scored a lot for Norwich before struggling last season and now hes playing for Wigan. I agree hes a different sort of player, good technically, strong, bit different for an English striker as he is very good technically. I don't see a big club going for him though same with Holt last summer.

Scotland are work in progress under Strachan and things are going in the right direction, fairplay to England on the win. However depite the result they were pretty poor for parts of the game considering they are so much higher in the rankings. I was pleased to get two goals at Wembley if im honest, i did think we would get mauled by England but it didn't turn out that way. For Scotland there is defensive set pieces to work on quite clearly, but things are looking alot more positive with the new coach.

Edited by BlueLion71