LDN Blue

I really hope eventually Eden starts to dribble as well as Neymar.

I've been noticing since the match started how he gets rid of 3-4 players marking him - something Eden never can get rid of. I think Eden has the talent... he misses the boldness - but he'll have time to develop that

GOLAZO! (although I actually meant 3-4 attempts before that where he got rid of the defenders)

I really hope eventually Eden starts to dribble as well as Neymar.

I've been noticing since the match started how he gets rid of 3-4 players marking him - something Eden never can get rid of. I think Eden has the talent... he misses the boldness - but he'll have time to develop that

GOLAZO! (although I actually meant 3-4 attempts before that where he got rid of the defenders)

Hazard did this to Boateng and Lahm. I want to see Neymar doing this agaisnt this sort of quality defenders.

I think in terms of individual class England has always been up with the top teams. The problem is the they never turn up for England and the tactics are so old fashioned. The fatigue adds its bit, so England never has a chance to even rach a semifinal at a big tournament

Hm, you have a point there, though, I don't think that England's current individual class is good enough to compete with the very best in the world. I'm not saying that all players are shit but except for 4 or 5 players who are either world-class or have the potential to become world-class England's squad is really average/slightly above average. They could still do damage to the likes of Brazil and Germany, even with that squad, if they had a good and modern-day coach, not someone like Hodgson, but we know that's not gonna change any time soon.

(I must say though that England's problems shouldn't only be reduced to lack of quality players and a poor manager. It's the whole footballing culture (or lack of it) that England has suffered from during the past decade. Whether that'll change, we'll have to see.)

Hazard did this to Boateng and Lahm. I want to see Neymar doing this agaisnt this sort of quality defenders.

Eden couldn't get rid of Manchester United players... an entire match of players doubling on him and he didn't answer.

Neymar did this 3-4 times this match alone (other times in the second third, looking for space).

Neymar does it much more often than Eden does because he feels confident doing - while I feel like Eden doesn't most times - but I do agree Portugal's defenders aren't that good.

I'm not questioning talent, I think they're both just as talented, I mean that Eden isn't bold or confident enough to keep doing it... something that is easily solved. The hard part is the talent and he has it, he just needs to start going for it, without fear.

Eden couldn't get rid of Manchester United players... an entire match of players doubling on him and he didn't answer.

Neymar did this 3-4 times this match alone (other times in the second third, looking for space).

Neymar does it much more often than Eden does because he feels confident doing - while I feel like Eden doesn't most times - but I do agree Portugal's defenders aren't that good.

I'm not questioning talent, I think they're both just as talented, I mean that Eden isn't bold or confident enough to keep doing it... something that is easily solved. That hard part is the talent and he has it, he just needs to start going for it, without fear.

As long as he doesn't flop

As long as he doesn't flop

who flops? Neymar? Because I can't stand his antics. He's very talented - but such a Barça player - an actor, a diver who has no fair play, and now he seems to be an arrogant mug too because after the goal he yelled "Eu sou foda" (I'm the fucking guy). UGH! Can't stand his antics at all. So thankful Eden isn't like that - although he dives once in a while, but when he does it it's cute (yeah, I'm biased).

I feel like Eden fears doing it, losing the ball and being judged by that. Neymar does it all the time because in Brazil and in Santos nobody cared if he did it 10 times and lost possession 10 times (after all there are sometimes 3 players on him). I guess I remember Belgians saying Eden used to be a lot more daring while playing for Lille - where he was completely comfortable and sort of owned the team. With us I feel he's still unsure, feels the pressure because the level is higher in EPL and CFC

who flops? Neymar? Because I can't stand his antics. He's very talented - but such a Barça player - an actor, a diver, and now he seems to be an arrogant mug too because after the goal he yelled "Eu sou foda" (I'm the guy). UGH! Can't stand his antics at all. So thankful Eden isn't like that - although he dives once in a while, but when he does it it's cute (yeah, I'm biased).

I feel like Eden fears doing it, losing the ball and being judged by that. Neymar does it all the time because in Brazil and in Santos nobody cared if he did it 10 times and lost possession 10 times (after all there are sometimes 3 players on him). I guess I remember Belgians saying Eden used to be a lot more daring while playing for Lille - where he was completely comfortable and sort of owned the team. With us I feel he's still unsure, feels the pressure because the level is higher in EPL and CFC

Yea, the diving and all that shit.. He's just annoying, I really despise him! Can't deny that he's very talented though

Wilshere - Carrick

Walcott - Rooney - Ox

Sturridge

Personally, I think that's the best offense that England has to offer atm, which still is not really that good at all compared to teams like Spain, Germany and Brazil.

this. They have to get rid of gerrad, i know he scores screamers once in a while but, his hopeful terrible long passes are outrageous.

Yea, the diving and all that shit.. He's just annoying, I really despise him! Can't deny that he's very talented though

my hope was he would join a team where the manager would force him to change... but he joined Barça... being a diver and faking being the victim of aggressions is how they play football. Hate them and hate that aspect of Neymar too...

my hope was he would join a team where the manager would force him to change... but he joined Barça... being a diver and faking being the victim of aggressions is how they play football. Hate them and hate that aspect of Neymar too...

Barcelona will help him cut down some of the unnecessary dribbling IMO.

How about ACTUALLY DEFENDING? NO??

Can we put our emotions aside and actually pick a great national team? i.e. people who think Lukaku was great or had time to develop his potential. Just because Chelsea has Brazilians and Belgians doesn't mean Brazil or Belgium are the best. Take thought in to it. You are dealing with a large sample!

1. Spain

2.Argentina

3. Germany

Can we put our emotions aside and actually pick a great national team? i.e. people who think Lukaku was great or had time to develop his potential. Just because Chelsea has Brazilians and Belgians doesn't mean Brazil or Belgium are the best. Take thought in to it. You are dealing with a large sample!

1. Spain

2.Argentina

3. Germany

Wat

Negative crap again from England, and yet we were told in the presser before hand "We are coming here to win" Bollocks, another half hearted load of crap served up whilst Woy sat on his hands throughout looking like a grandad needing an afternoon nap.

Negative crap again from England, and yet we were told in the presser before hand "We are coming here to win" Bollocks, another half hearted load of crap served up whilst Woy sat on his hands throughout looking like a grandad needing an afternoon nap.

Your coach doesnt want to play with a particular style. England are blessed with fast wingers, why he doesnt base his game on quick possesion play with crosses and counter attack football is baffling. He's a terrible coach thats lucky he's english to last this long.

England are the only country when i watch them play, i cannot tell the style of play. It just seems like the coach tells them to do push ups during training and then throws them on the pitch. Even erikson was a far better coach for england than hodgson.