LDN Blue

There is a chance Neymar can fail, its not nailed on he will adapt to Spain easily and be a success. Its never that simple I suppose though.

It is simple if you have absolute faith in the player, which I do. For instance, Harry was absolutely sure Lampard would be an success, something the West Ham fan didnt. Only time will tell who is right.

He went for 28m plus 10m fees etc but Barca announced they payed 57m for him? Yeah I'm gonna have to go with what Barca released in their statement when they signed him. Doubt they'd lie in an official statement.

You dont need to believe in me, it is not like it will change anything. But if you want to know why I am so dam sure about it, you can PM me. All I can do is tell the truth, if you want to disagree, it is your right to...

Are you saying that its basically ok to dive then just to win? Its not. Diving is cheating, you shouldn't see it from players. I know about the relationship between Brazil and Uruguay/Argentina. The games are usually like that, with a lot of fouls etc but still its a disgrace to see players like Neymar flying 5 ft in the air from a clean tackle or him holding his face because someones arm hit his chest. Its disgraceful.

That is exactly what I am saying. Dont try to apply your European culture to a South American game, it wont work. In Brazil (Chile is the worst though), it is ok to dive and end of story.

You can find it as disgraceful as you want. South Americans will continue to do it and will continue to win it that way. So, because of that, Neymar shouldnt be crucified for a 'trait' that is inside everyone down here. When he plays for Brazil, he will do it.

It is not right, it is not wrong, it is just how it is. The morals are aet by your culture. Brazil won 5 World Cups playing dirty, Argentina 3 and Uruguay 3. It wont end with one single 21yo kid. Pelé did it, Romario did it, Rivaldo did it and Neymar will do it.

However, if he does it in Europe, I will be the first to criticize. Because when you are not at your house, you dont play by your rules!

I never said anything about Neymar thinking he'll be the best in the world, I'm on about how a lot of former Brazilian players and a lot of fans make out like hes just as good as Ronaldo and Messi or even better when hes nowhere near them. I hate when I see "Neymar is just as good as Ronaldo" or "Neymar is the same as Messi" because its clearly untrue. How can they even be compared, Neymar has been playing in Brazil all his life, Messi and Ronaldo have played in Europe their whole careers and have broken massive records at massive clubs.

What does the 'marketing' or 'dumbness' of other people have to do with Neymar?

He gets a lot of hate for things he isnt responsible for. It is not his fault he is so good that people overreact...

Yeah obviously Neymar doesn't care, he gets a big massive salary and plays football professionally, why would he care what anyone else thinks? But like Suarez, his reputation will go before him with his diving and then fouls that should have been fouls won't be given due to that. That was what I was meaning.

I can see that, but just like Suarez, he will be playing for one of the two big clubs in Spain and people will have to swallow them!

Funny how you didnt show up in this thread while Neymar was shuting you up with amzing displays, 3 goals and 2 assists! :wank2:

I love how you all want him to fail, but will all have to swallow your prides and watch him shine! :lol2:

The difference between you and me regarding Neymar is that I have absolutely no emotional attachment to the issue. I couldn't care less if he proves me wrong.

I watched him in 3 games this tournament so far. He scored a good goal against Japan was bullied off the ball and went invisible for the rest of the match. He played an amazing game against Mexico, he was absolutely outstanding the whole game. And then yesterday he was terrible and all he did was dive.

The difference between you and me regarding Neymar is that I have absolutely no emotional attachment to the issue. I couldn't care less if he proves me wrong.

I watched him in 3 games this tournament so far. He scored a good goal against Japan was bullied off the ball and went invisible for the rest of the match. He played an amazing game against Mexico, he was absolutely outstanding the whole game. And then yesterday he was terrible and all he did was dive.

Of course you arent emotionally attached to Neymar. He isnt Lebanese and he doesnt play for Chelsea. However, you do want him to fail because you get all happy when he does.

Also, fair analysis, but I think he was good vs Japan besides his goal and he is had a great corner in the 89th minute to beat Uruguay!

I don't want him to fail, I want to him to go on and be the next big thing but without all the theatrics and acting like a smug little tosser.

That is a grown up statement, something that people lack when talking about Neymar! :clap:

Some gifs I had on my profile feed

ney2.gif

ney3.gif

gmk.gif

best post ever!!!!

When Barça team sees this, they'll smile to each other happy with themselves. Neymar is showing he already has the same skills as Busquets, Dani Alves, Pedro, Messi (oh yea, the holy saint also acts) and company in Barcelona. Success guaranteed.

best post ever!!!!

When Barça team sees this, they'll smile to each other happy with themselves. Neymar is showing he already has the same skills as Busquets, Dani Alves, Pedro, Messi (oh yea, the holy saint also acts) and company in Barcelona. Success guaranteed.

Holy saint? Not after someone reads this!

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/stuerzte-guardiola-ueber-messi-30503596.bild.html

I can't read that, love

what is it about?

Here is the translation of this article in English -
All those who want to know what to expect Bayern with Pep Guardiola should read this book.
IMAGE prints exclusive extracts from the new book "Pep Guardiola - The Biography" by Spanish sports journalists and experts Guardiola Guillem Balague (published on May 24, in print).
Surprisingly title of a chapter on the currently best footballers in the world:
Messi is unique, a one player. We can only hope that he never lapses into boredom that the club can provide him with the appropriate players to the side so that he continues to feel good, because as long as that is the case, he will not fail.
If he does not play well, that's because there is something wrong in his environment. One must try to ensure that it maintains the peace that he has in his private life, and hope that the club is intelligent enough to the right players to commit to its support. "
Guardiola on Messi's special status at FC Barcelona
For frustrating games you experienced a capricious Messi, who stares down without showing a smile, and gives the offended. Under the angelic, innocent-looking exterior lurks a predator behind his ambition and record performance conceals a child. And children can not hide their feelings often.
Messi went once with a teaspoon in the mouth on the practice field, and this spoon was also the most of the training time there. (...)
This behavior during training was probably due to the fact that he had been replaced at the game the night before. On other occasions when he had to pause or has been replaced, he did not speak for days with his coach.
Ibrahimovic in his first months as reaped most of the applause at the club, Messi said in an interview with pizzazz he wanted to play either as number nine, or not at all. "And what am I supposed to do with Ibrahimovic?" Asked pizzazz. Messi was adamant: "I play here or I do not play games. Send the other on the wing. "
Guardiola had grown into a monster Messi?
The Argentine decreed in the last season of the trainer about absolute power and behaved sometimes wrong. He was stirring regularly when young players like Cuenca ("Take your head up!" Ruled him Messi in a match against Granada at once) or Tello ("flank", Messi yelled at him to AC Milan when he sought and against the door in the short corner Abbiati anpeilte) him the ball no charges.
Even David Villa was not forgiven if he shot on goal, although he had the opportunity to play Messi. (...)
Messi's influence extended far beyond the playing field: The club asked in Messi environment to what you would think of as an obligation of the Brazilian Neymar. Messi knows the young star about Dani Alves, the three played with the Playstation Online football. The club received the desired response: "Take him under contract."
Pep had the feeling that he had Messi with too much power? When he spoke, he left the club before "mutually hurt" himself, indicated that many observers, among other things as an allusion to Messi. Pep would have if he would go on, rebalance the balance of power again in order to avoid that a single player scored 73 goals and contributed no one else responsible? (...)
Pep Guardiola started his coaching career in Barcelona - this argument must be raised here - with the development of team success interaction, but in his last season he turned in favor of an individual quality. So do all coaches, because ultimately they are the footballers who decide games, and that is especially true if the person at issue, Lionel Messi. (...)
To keep the right balance between an extraordinary player and the team spirit is a very difficult task, but Pep managed somehow during most of his tenure. But it was necessary that he so clearly and so often emphasized, Messi is a very special player?
Was this the beginning of a development that would ultimately culminate in Guardiola's departure because he was aware of the imbalance brought about by him deliberately? The coach ensures that a balance in the team. And if he will like a player surrenders, the balance must be readjusted according to the unwritten laws of football.

1) Many people (Artinho and Choulo included) said he is going to fail.

2) He went for 28mi euros + 10mi in agents (his father included) and third party fees. It is just like the stupid 175k/week Hazard false stories. I can swear to my life that he only went for that, I heard this from the only mouth I would trust regarding Neymar.

3) You dont understand what goes on at Brazil vs Uruguay/Argentina. He is not an European, so he doesnt hale to follow your 'conduct rules', and thank fuck for that. Besides, any of the brazilian players would do the same as Neymar did. The game is played dirty in South American and that is how the culture is. People are more mainly here, there is no politically correct when trying to win a game. Does he dive? Yes. But he wont in Barcelona, because he knows the game is bery different in Spain and Europe.

4) What 'best in the world' task force? Neymar knows he will never be the best in the world playing with Messi (because Messi will always outshine anyone). If he cared about winning Ballon D'Or he would have joined us when he had the chance.

5) Do you honestly think he care what anyone thinks of him? Please, lets not be naive. We can all scream whatever we want, it is not like any player will pay attention.

Did you just want to imply that South American men are more manly? And then justify diving and acting with cultural reasons we 'Europeans' - as you like to brand- can't understand.

On the other hand, wishing a footballer to break his leg is just wrong. If he makes it, great, but if not - it wasn't meant to be I guess. Ill start judging him at his second year, first year can be a transition.

Did you just want to imply that South American men are more manly? And then justify diving and acting with cultural reasons we 'Europeans' - as you like to brand- can't understand.

I did not imply we are more mainly, I explicit said that. However, this is not a good thing, which is why many women are beaten and many gays are descriminated.

And yes, diving is ok in South America and you wont change a century of culture because it isnt acceptable in Europe. Many players dive here and dont dive in Europe, because each style and culture is different. You will just have to live with that...