LDN Blue

I did not imply we are more mainly, I explicit said that. However, this is not a good thing, which is why many women are beaten and many gays are descriminated.

And yes, diving is ok in South America and you wont change a century of culture because it isnt acceptable in Europe. Many players dive here and dont dive in Europe, because each style and culture is different. You will just have to live with that...

Then I'll explicitly ask you - what makes one more manly? Racism, homophobia and beating women?

woah

I think it's all the same, guys.

I just mentioned Busquets, Pedro and others in Barça team - who are Spaniards - who also dive and act the heck out of their arses... it's not exclusive from South America, nor do I think men here are manly...

Let's not delve into that discussion though? It smells like things getting personal, out of hand and misunderstandings seem to be likely.

woah

I think it's all the same, guys.

I just mentioned Busquets, Pedro and others in Barça team - who are Spaniards - who also dive and act the heck out of their arses... it's not exclusive from South America, nor do I think men here are manly...

Let's not delve into that discussion though? It smells like things getting personal, out of hand and misunderstandings seem to be likely.

Point made, point taken.

Btw, your current avatar is the best so far. Random, but thought I'd let you know.

Then I'll explicitly ask you - what makes one more manly? Racism, homophobia and beating women?

No, those are the coleteral consequences, which are different than what makes them (causes). ;)

The problem is that people cant accept somethings are just different. It doesnt mean it is better or worse, it only means they are different!

This applies to culture, men behaviour, women behaviour, etc, etc, etc. Dont be naive to think people in South America are the same ad Europeans or that people in the Middle East are the same as people in USA...

As if Oscar suddenly transforms into a diving cunt when he plays for Brazil.. You're either a cheat or you're not, it doesn't matter what continent you're from

As like all players are the same! :lol2:

Romario dived for Brazil, Rivaldo dived for Brazil, Ronaldo had his dive moments (but rare) for Brazil, Denilson dived for Brazil, etc...

Besides, it is not like I am saying he doesnt cheat. I am saying that cheating is acceptable here!

As if Oscar suddenly transforms into a diving cunt when he plays for Brazil.. You're either a cheat or you're not, it doesn't matter what continent you're from

THIS.

I do agree south american cheat more than Europeans - or so it seems because again it's cultural, but at the end of the day each individual should be held accountable for their own actions, labeling everyone or generalizing may be dangerous, although we do see much more cheating like that around here... but maybe it's because I don't watch enough European football (which is improbable as I watch more European than Brazilian footie these days)

As like all players are the same! :lol2:

Romario dived for Brazil, Rivaldo dived for Brazil, Ronaldo had his dive moments (but rare) for Brazil, Denilson dived for Brazil, etc...

It was a reply to you saying Brazilian players don't dive in Europe, but do so for their national team, because in South-America it's "accepted". I'm saying that's ridiculous and you're either a cheat or you aren't.

Stop using that point/laugh emoticon, it makes you look like a proper cunt.

No, those are the coleteral consequences, which are different than what makes them (causes). ;)

The problem is that people cant accept somethings are just different. It doesnt mean it is better or worse, it only means they are different!

This applies to culture, men behaviour, women behaviour, etc, etc, etc. Dont be naive to think people in South America are the same ad Europeans or that people in the Middle East are the same as people in USA...

We get your point, we accept it and so on but don't take it so personally when anyone has something to say about Neymar. Most of us here are Europeans and we are judging it based on "our" culture, like you said. You tell us not to judge you, don't judge us. No need to "convert" our beliefs. He is a very talented footballer but his diving and cheating habits are a fact, nothing isn't going to change it. And as far as I know football is played under one set of rules, there are no "european" rules and "south-american rules". Traditions I get, but cheating is cheating. He isn't the only one doing it, of course. I remember Drogba getting alot of stick for diving to the ground rather than playing on and seeing what he could have made from that oppurtunity. Plus it hurts Neymar's reputation. Just remember the time Johnny Evans flew into Drogbas rib-cage with high foot and in the end it was Drogba getting yellow carded for diving but replay showed it was clear red card foul.

THIS.

I do agree south american cheat more than Europeans - or so it seems because again it's cultural, but at the end of the day each individual should be held accountable for their own actions, labeling everyone or generalizing may be dangerous, although we do see much more cheating like that around here... but maybe it's because I don't watch enough European football (which is improbable as I watch more European than Brazilian footie these days)

So, all you are saying is that my line of thought doesnt apply to 100% of the players? Well, even I know that!

Nevertheless, most players DO dive here because it is cultural and when they play in Europe they act differently. And this doesnt not apply only to football, most Brazilian tourists act ridiculously different when in USA or Europe than they do at home!

For instance, imagine us in Brazil allowed people to walk naked. An European would get here an be terrified, but he would not be able to force people to walk with their clothes on, it would be just the culture and he would have to accept. However, a Brazilian would be wrong to walk naked in Europe just because he can in Brazil. Now, translate the metaphor...

So, all you are saying is that my line of thought doesnt apply to 100% of the players? Well, even I know that!

Nevertheless, most players DO dive here because it is cultural and when they play in Europe they act differently. And this doesnt not apply only to football, most Brazilian tourists act ridiculously different when in USA or Europe than they do at home!

For instance, imagine us in Brazil allowed people to walk naked. An European would get here an be terrified, but he would not be able to force people to walk with their clothes on, it would be just the culture and he would have to accept. However, a Brazilian would be wrong to walk naked in Europe just because he can in Brazil. Now, translate the metaphor...

no, love, I'm saying the manly thing might sound wrong, be wrong and lead to a discussion that won't end well.

The cheating part is a different subject... and on that I agree SA would do it more often, though I can't be sure as I may not watch enough European football.

The naked example is so funny!

We get your point, we accept it and so on but don't take it so personally when anyone has something to say about Neymar. Most of us here are Europeans and we are judging it based on "our" culture, like you said. You tell us not to judge you, don't judge us. No need to "convert" our beliefs. He is a very talented footballer but his diving and cheating habits are a fact, nothing isn't going to change it. And as far as I know football is played under one set of rules, there are no "european" rules and "south-american rules". Traditions I get, but cheating is cheating. He isn't the only one doing it, of course. I remember Drogba getting alot of stick for diving to the ground rather than playing on and seeing what he could have made from that oppurtunity. Plus it hurts Neymar's reputation. Just remember the time Johnny Evans flew into Drogbas rib-cage with high foot and in the end it was Drogba getting yellow carded for diving but replay showed it was clear red card foul.

I agree with what you are saying, but I never said he wasnt cheating, I said cheating is acceptable!

People here have the idea that you need to everything possible to win as long as you win. Is that bad? Depends on your morals and culture. In Europe it isnt, in Brazil it is (mostly, because there are a few people who disagree)...

It was a reply to you saying Brazilian players don't dive in Europe, but do so for their national team, because in South-America it's "accepted". I'm saying that's ridiculous and you're either a cheat or you aren't.

Stop using that point/laugh emoticon, it makes you look like a proper cunt.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

as a feeble attempt to make me any less pathetic than my avatar may show now, this is a dare in the Pub thread., and as a good sport I'm honoring my part. I'm embarrassed beyond words by it, but please guys, try to overlook the impossible to be overlooked