The Pre-Season Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not at all. 

Interesting to hear Kalasinac being described as crap. No Arsenal fan I know was having it when I told them he didn't look to be worth signing back when he was being linked with them. Come to think of it, back then quite a few on here weren't having it either.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Not sure how accurate this is because The Athletic just counted the three-week break period that is given to players after the Euros but here are the supposed returning dates of the players:

Ampadu - July 17

Kovacic, Kante - July 19

Werner, Havertz, Rudiger - July 20

Batshuayi - July 23

Christensen - July 24

Azpi - July 27

Silva - July 31

Chilwell, Mount, James, Jorginho, Emerson - August 1

The Athletic also mentioned that the club are likely to make tailored arrangements with certain players, notably Chilwell and James who spent most of the Euros on the bench. Players can also return to Cobham early if they want to. 

GAME DAY!

Will any journos provide some coverage?

More than anything I hope Gallagher shines.

Also, no more fucking around, full pre season... Puli, Ziyech, CHO better step up this season, this is their chance.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

GAME DAY!

Will any journos provide some coverage?

Since it's behind closed doors, I doubt they will let journalists in. Will likely to have just wait for the club publish the match report on it.

Just now, Jas said:

Since it's behind closed doors, I doubt they will let journalists in. Will likely to have just wait for the club publish the match report on it.

hire Marcelo Bielsa to spy it out (drone footage FTW)

Bielsa, Binoculars and Bans. 'Spygate' Discussed. – EFL CHAMPIONSHIP BLOG

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

IF I am not wrong Chelsea:Fulham 8:2 a couple of years ago was also behind closed doors but Chelsea twitter account followed the game with lineups, subs, goals...

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

IF I am not wrong Chelsea:Fulham 8:2 a couple of years ago was also behind closed doors but Chelsea twitter account followed the game with lineups, subs, goals...

But we played Reading and QPR behind closed doors last summer before the 19/20 season restarted in June and don't think there were updates on the Twitter account?

1 minute ago, Jas said:

But we played Reading and QPR behind closed doors last summer before the 19/20 season restarted in June and don't think there were updates on the Twitter account?

Then we will wait for 22th but we still do not know the opponent!