The Pre-Season Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Based on other players return date Azpi, Christensen should be back this weekend. 

On the contrary, both are back (assuming I did not misrecognize Christensen in the background).

23 minutes ago, Jype said:

Rest of the lads are back in training today. 

Seems unlikely that they will feature against Spurs, leaving them without a pre-season game to play before the Super Cup next week.

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

Seems unlikely that they will feature against Spurs, leaving them without a pre-season game to play before the Super Cup next week.

16 hours ago, Jas said:

Okay. Thanks for telling us all. 

153f77b5994062410f76acc96ea57a79.gif

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Yea I wouldn't expect any of them to play against Spurs so quickly just like the Havertz, Werner, Kante etc. didn't feature against Bournemouth in last week's friendly.

A few of the latest arrivals will probably feature in the Super Cup to get some match fitness before the PL starts. 

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yea I wouldn't expect any of them to play against Spurs so quickly just like the Havertz, Werner, Kante etc. didn't feature against Bournemouth in last week's friendly.

A few of the latest arrivals will probably feature in the Super Cup to get some match fitness before the PL starts. 

Just curious, any idea when Ben White returned? Wasn't expecting him to play yesterday but he did. 

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

Just curious, any idea when Ben White returned? Wasn't expecting him to play yesterday but he did. 

His transfer to Arsenal was only confirmed last Friday, so at most he'll have had a couple of training sessions before yesterdays game. 

1 minute ago, Jype said:

His transfer to Arsenal was only confirmed last Friday, so at most he'll have had a couple of training sessions before yesterdays game. 

Hmmm. Wonder if Tuchel will try to squeeze those lads in on Wednesday, even though it's probably unlikely. 

25 minutes ago, Jas said:

Hmmm. Wonder if Tuchel will try to squeeze those lads in on Wednesday, even though it's probably unlikely. 

It's a shortened summer break, so I'd be surprised if the players haven't at least got a reasonable level of base fitness to work from. The only two which might need a bit more work is James and Chilwell as they didn't feature much in the Euros so their match fitness will be in a worse position, but I don't think they'll all be a million miles away from being ready for the start of the season.

Also to note given the sheer numbers Tuchel has currently, I'm sure he can operate a number of competitive in-house games to get players up and running beyond the Spurs game.

On 02/08/2021 at 18:14, Superblue_1986 said:

Also to note given the sheer numbers Tuchel has currently, I'm sure he can operate a number of competitive in-house games to get players up and running beyond the Spurs game.

Seems like there'll be one this weekend...

• 9 months later...