The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

. A small town, only around 150 000 people but a quarter of them students so the atmosphere is nice.

Niiice, I always wanted to know how it feels to be in a small student town, must be great to party! :eyebrows:

150,000 is not a small town... That is a small city!

The township I grew up in has 6,000 residents! That is small tow, the village has 1200 of those.

http://www.brooklynmi.com/

The nearest city only has a population of 33,000!

The town I went to college in had more than both of those combined! Purdue located in metropolitan Lafayette, Indiana with a population of 178,000 a good portion of those being students and faculty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

150,000 is not a small town... That is a small city!

The township I grew up in has 6,000 residents! That is small tow, the village has 1200 of those.http://www.brooklynmi.com/

The nearest city only has a population of 33,000!

The town I went to college in had more than both of those combined! Purdue located in metropolitan Lafayette, Indiana with a population of 178,000 a good portion of those being students and faculty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What? That is unthinkable for me!

I live in Sao Paulo, which has 11.8 million people. Only my high school had 3 thousand students, half your whole town population...

USP has about 127k students, which is almost all Pr22's entire city...

I cant grasp both of your realities! :P

I live in Sao Paulo, which has 11.8 million people. Only my high school had 3 thousand students, half your whole town population...

lol.

My hometown had 30.000 inhabitants. The town I live in now has 250.000.

I cannot imagine what living in a city that has MORE inhabitants than my country feels like. Thats a separate reality right there :-)

Well, the town I live in is pretty big by our standards, seventh largest in Finland or something and the town I grew up in was similar so I don't really know anything else. :P

For many reasons I'm not happy living here so as soon as I graduate, in 3 years if everything goes according to plans, I'll be instantly looking to move somewhere else to work. In fact, I don't really feel like waiting even that long so therefore either an exchange period or an internship abroad within the next two years has been on the cards for a while now and I'll do everything I can to get it done. Better not find a girlfriend or anything in the next couple of years that would mess up my plans of getting the hell out of here. :lol:

lol.

My hometown had 30.000 inhabitants. The town I live in now has 250.000.

I cannot imagine what living in a city that has MORE inhabitants than my country feels like. Thats a separate reality right there :-)

my town has 63000 inhabitants.

You guys live in Villages, there are more people living in my street! :lol:

Well, the town I live in is pretty big by our standards, seventh largest in Finland or something and the town I grew up in was similar so I don't really know anything else. :P

For many reasons I'm not happy living here so as soon as I graduate, in 3 years if everything goes according to plans, I'll be instantly looking to move somewhere else to work. In fact, I don't really feel like waiting even that long so therefore either an exchange period or an internship abroad within the next two years has been on the cards for a while now and I'll do everything I can to get it done. Better not find a girlfriend or anything in the next couple of years that would mess up my plans of getting the hell out of here. :lol:

You dont like the city or the country?

Woah, talking about perspectives. I live in a town with population of a little over 100k and when I go to Tallinn, which holds a population of nearly 500k, I feel like I'm in a maze. Though last time there I managed to see a blue ferrari maranello, so big city has its pros!

Woah, talking about perspectives. I live in a town with population of a little over 100k and when I go to Tallinn, which holds a population of nearly 500k, I feel like I'm in a maze. Though last time there I managed to see a blue ferrari maranello, so big city has its pros!

I would love to live in a city of 500k or so. I am a bit tired of all the cars, tall buildings, noise, crowd, lines everywhere, etc...

I do enjoy the big city, specially the nightlife. It is amazing what you can find, nothing ever sleeps and there are all sorts of things to all sorts of taste. I just think I have had enough. I am past the time I would go out on Friday and go back home on Sunday after doing all sorts of crazy things. I currently want a more quiet life and a smaller city would provide me that!

I would still miss the big events though. Like, music festivals or sports tournaments. But that isnt a big deal. Also, my family has a house in a small beach city close by, which is our little place to party and have fun. But overall I guess I am ready to move on!

It is not like I wont return, it is just that I dont want to live it full time in this gigantic city that is Sao Paulo...

EDIT: But you are totally right, the level of perspective is absurdly different. My friends that decided to move to small cities to study tell me how different it all is!

You dont like the city or the country?

The city is okay but the country not so much. The climate over here in the Northern Europe is horrible, wages are shit if one can even find a job, taxes are high as fuck and despite all that everything is still way more expensive here than for example in the Central European countries. Also, the Finnish people in general are rude and unfriendly to each other. Most of the time I just feel like I don't belong here and that I would be much happier if I could start fresh somewhere else. Not many people here I would be missing if I lived elsewhere so at the moment there's nothing holding me back except my studies, which I plan to complete before moving away from here.

Some would probably say it's immoral to take advantage of the free education over here and then move away to enjoy the good life as soon as possible but I really couldn't care less about what other people think. I'm living this life only for myself and for the people closest to me, not for the good of the whole fucking nation.

LOL at the FA!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-pfa-embarrassed-awards-dinner-comedian-151032602.html

Firstly for not being able to have a joke

And secondly for hiring a comedian who is obviously gonna take the piss, and make racist jokes, and anything that is a current joke.

What did they expect him to do. Ignore the recent events and tell Knock Knock jokes.

Worlds' gone mad.