The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

2 scenarios some friends and I were discussing:

Scenario 1:

If somebody offered you £20million to kill someone would you do it?

Terms:

• nobody would ever find out about it.
  • The person you kill will be someone you recognise, but dont really know. so you would know their name, even say hi in the street, but thats about as far as the relationship goes.
  • 1 shot to the head, the person would beg for their life for 30 seconds before you are allowed to shoot them.

for £20million, what say you?

Scenario 2:

How many strangers do you value your life at? e.g. how many people would you let die before you'd say take to your life.

So, someone says either you die OR X amount of strangers die.

what would X have to be for you to say "take my life".

enjoy.

Scenario 1: I would if I would choose whether to kill or not only after knowing who my target is. There are some people who I wouldn't mind killing.

Scenario 2: Probably a damn lot of strangers. My empathy works in a very visual/knowledge way. If I didn't ever see the person nor do I know anything about them I couldn't care less whether they live or they die. Probably I would let billions die as long as no one I know was harmed. And the includes people from TC. Redcafe users can all take the bullets for all I care. It only gets hard if you know the people, if you know that it your attitude will make a lot of childs orphan or a lot of good people would die, something along those lines. As long as I'm not sure that was the case I can always use wishful thinking to excuse myself.

Even in the World Wars there were handful of people (like 5%) who did the majority of the killing, the maniacs who don't get nightmares after killing a person, they were the supreme killers, pride of the army. Majority of the men who actually had a chance to shoot at the enemy pulled the trigger when it was their life vs his. So what makes you guys think that even 20mil can make you take someone's life so egoistically? I find it hard to believe, be it in theory or not.

Answer 1: No, I won't kill someone for money.

Answer 2: All depends. If it is a war scenario and we'd need someone to go on a recon mission, then I'm sure there would be volunteers, I'd volunteer. Because you'll most probably die anyway and rather with pride than in your own feces in your own dug trench.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Answer 1&2: Impossible to answer honestly. I have never been any of those situations so I have no idea how I'll react to those stimuli.

Scenario 1:

Terms:

• The person you kill will be someone you recognise, but dont really know. so you would know their name, even say hi in the street, but thats about as far as the relationship goes.
  • 1 shot to the head, the person would beg for their life for 30 seconds before you are allowed to shoot them.

Scenario 2:

How many strangers do you value your life at? e.g. how many people would you let die before you'd say take to your life.

enjoy.

1) Make it 23m and you have a deal. At least with 23m I could buy a Mata!

2) 117..

Scenario 1:

Terms:

Scenario 2:

enjoy.

1) No. I'd rather keep my soul intact than that. Life is not all about materialistic notions, the soul is a lot more important.

2) 0. At the end of the day, in this scenario, you still die. So why allow other families to suffer? Who knows, stranger you kill might carry the next Einstein in their semen or ovaries :lol:.