The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

So I failed my medical, yay! The bad news though is that I have to go back in one year, which means I will have to maintain my destructive lifestyle till then, and probably until I'm 28 because that is the limit over which they don't take. I could avoid that if I somehow got some serious diagnosis which would let me off the hook forever, but I doubt I could get any, so I'm gonna continue being a lazy slouch, drinking, smoking and eating unhealthily for the next 7 years, GOOD TIMES :')

Congratulations Manpe!!

So I failed my medical, yay! The bad news though is that I have to go back in one year, which means I will have to maintain my destructive lifestyle till then, and probably until I'm 28 because that is the limit over which they don't take. I could avoid that if I somehow got some serious diagnosis which would let me off the hook forever, but I doubt I could get any, so I'm gonna continue being a lazy slouch, drinking, smoking and eating unhealthily for the next 7 years, GOOD TIMES :')

Wow, I only had to do it with 18. They dont recall you in Brazil, never!

Congrats! :yay:

Wow, I only had to do it with 18. They dont recall you in Brazil, never!

Congrats! :yay:

Yeah the system in Estonia sucks. They lowered the standards because the population is getting weaker, but places need to be filled. The tests were not thorough at all imo. The best chance to escape duty is to cock something up to the shrink, which I did. I mean every Oscar and Emmy winning actor would have been proud of my performance. There were tears, piss and goo flying everywhere.

It's so hard to get into the Australian army it's ridiculous. They only take the most manly of men. Since our population is small they train the fuck out of the soldiers. We have to make up quantity with quality.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/AussiesWithArtillery

Our SAS isn't as well known as the Brit's SAS but they are more insane and just as highly trained. These bastards take training so seriously that most of those that died during service died from training too hard. Badass.

Yeah the system in Estonia sucks. They lowered the standards because the population is getting weaker, but places need to be filled. The tests were not thorough at all imo. The best chance to escape duty is to cock something up to the shrink, which I did. I mean every Oscar and Emmy winning actor would have been proud of my performance.

LOL

What does your penis has to do with anything? (please dont call it willie, it is gay)

In a few hours I will need to go do my medical exam to assess whether I'm fit for army service. Am absolutely shitting meself. If I'm fit enough I will lose 8-11 months of my life playing war in forests and mud for absolutely no reason. I hope to fuck they find something wrong with me.

Apparently I might need to strip down totally naked so they could touch my willie and ass, no idea why (am wondering if it's a good idea to take a shit before going, maybe I will have lumps of brown fury greeting the doc). Here's me hoping my wiener isn't totally shrunk so it would look bigger, but due to nerves it will probably be hiding itself as much as it can. Doctors are incredible perverts.

They will also take lots of blood from a vein, I have never done that before and I'm not very fond of big needles messing about inside of me either. I have nothing against standard syringes, but having a big ass nail stuffed directly in my vein doesn't sound very pleasing to me.

So Estonia has that pre-ancient draft system as well? Do you have to do any other service if you aren't fit/good enough for the army? Something like a public service or so?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't read all of your posts.

Piir on nüüd 30. Kui tahad midagi teada ajateenistusest vms, siis küsi julgelt. :)

I've gone through the military service in one of the strictest infantry corps in Estonia, what we were told form day 1 is that our battalion might lack the living-standards so to say but it will make up for it with discipline. I didn't take their word for it but they were right. When we met other soldiers from different battalions, they were far less disciplined, had fewer rules to follow and seemed like tourists to us, didn't know how to properly handle a weapon etc. You can say that it will take a year out of your life, which it will, but for me it was question of honor and a bit of patriotism. I can understand people, who have families to feed, an injury preventing them from enlisting, a lucrative job ( one way to another you will get fired, though it's illegal to do that), because the compensation you get for serving in the army is very small.

It's really difficult for me to listen how some people unfairly slate this without even being in there. It will be mentally and physically hard but it has a lot to offer. You'll meet new people, make good friends. You'll get to experience life you otherwise wont. When else will you spend the night under the sky while it's -30 degrees and you only have your backpack and sleeping-bag with you? A lot of cool things happen there that you can laugh about later in your life and talk to others. Even if you dont know the person, men,who have served their time, have always something to talk about and relate. For example, during one of the last training camps, we had to put up a patrol like always. When it was my turn, it was already very dark outside and we were in the woods. 10 min before though, our squad leader had given us a warning that a mother bear and its cubs have been sighted near by our patrol way. So it was a very nerv-wrecking experience, because had we met them, we didnt have anything else to defend ourselves except an assault rifle with fake bullets that only make a loud noise. Of course, the stories don't only evolve around wild animals, much more to it. :D

Looking back, I dont think I lost a year in my life. I gained a lot and am proud that I did this. Regarding universities etc - if you're determined and not lazy, serving in the army won't affect you. I had to re-do my biology exam in order to get into medical faculty. I had a fixed mind about what I want to achieve and how to do it.