The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

1. Here is the thing. Brazil has the size of a continent (just like Australia, but instead of desert it has florests). The cities are very, very different from one another. It is not your type (trust me, I know) to go to Nordeste (where dionse lives) or Norte. Your good options are SP, Coritiba, Belo Horizonte and Brasilia (want to visit Henrique?). in my holly biased opinion SP is by far your best option. There is Florianopolis (Santa Catarina), but you must be willing to break the bank, it is the most expensive city in Brazil (basically because it is a paradise), but it aint a host city.

2. I refuse to give my money to Corinthians (I dont expect you to understand) and I willing to sell my body to go to Maracana in the final...

3. I can do it, it wont be a huge deal. I dont promisse to give you much attention, but I can visit you some days. Btw, staying in my apartment, you can stay for a long period of time (maybe 2-3 weeks) and it wont be so expensive (you would only have to pay the cleaner (R$40) and your food of course).

4. Yeah, you are fine then...

5. Btw, no way you can stay in Argentina or Uruguay. It is like saying you will stay in Vienna and drive to Lisboa.

I've been looking at what languages the Univesities in my city offer. They don't do Portuguese anymore. Would Spanish be handy (I know, I know, it's completely different)? Or would be people get offended if I tried speaking to them in Spanish?

As long as I can show you how an Aussie drinks. :beer:

I've been looking at what languages the Univesities in my city offer. They don't do Portuguese anymore. Would Spanish be handy (I know, I know, it's completely different)? Or would be people get offended if I tried speaking to them in Spanish?

As long as I can show you how an Aussie drinks. :beer:

No, it is actually very similiar. To the point where you can keep a conversation with one talking in Portuguese and the other in Spanish.

Offended? Mate, we are Brazilians hosting a WC. People will be diyng to make you feel comfortable. They will be actually very pleased that you are trying to help. Unlike some Americans that come here thinking they have some sort of right to be comprehended.

Do you like nightlife? Sao Paulo is the best city in the world when it comes to restaurant, pubs, nightclubs, shows, parties, etc.

LOOOOL, you better be prepared to drink shit beer. I am not buying expensive imported stuff. I doubt you will drink that much, lol.

No, it is actually very similiar. To the point where you can keep a conversation with one talking in Portuguese and the other in Spanish.

Offended? Mate, we are Brazilians hosting a WC. People will be diyng to make you feel comfortable. They will be actually very pleased that you are trying to help. Unlike some Americans that come here thinking they have some sort of right to be comprehended.

Do you like nightlife? Sao Paulo is the best city in the world when it comes to restaurant, pubs, nightclubs, shows, parties, etc.

LOOOOL, you better be prepared to drink shit beer. I am not buying expensive imported stuff. I doubt you will drink that much, lol.

I love the nightlife. I'm not keen on nightclubs but pubs and places like that I love. Mate, I'm a uni student. I've been getting my fix with goon, plonk and piss beer.

A lot depends on getting a mate to travel with. I'm certainly not leaving Oz without a mate. Fuck that noise, I've barely left my home state, I'd be having anxiery attacks.

I love the nightlife. I'm not keen on nightclubs but pubs and places like that I love. Mate, I'm a uni student. I've been getting my fix with goon, plonk and piss beer.

A lot depends on getting a mate to travel with. I'm certainly not leaving Oz without a mate. Fuck that noise, I've barely left my home state, I'd be having anxiery attacks.

HAHAHAHA

The thing you must do now is find someone to travel with and buy the plane tickets (it will be the hardest thing to get for a good prive). Once that is done leave the rest with me, I will convice my father to let you in his apartment (it has 1 bedroom and it is very small, but it fits up to 5 people) and I will check how much it cost for you to see the a game.

The best thing is if you can stay for 2 weeks or so. We can drive to Rio for a day and then you can just relax and visit one place each day and still have time to get drunk and enjoy the amazing nighltife (I am seriously not kidding when saying it is the best place in the world for that kind of stuff)!

If you are serious about going to Brazil in 2014, I suggest you give me a confirmation with 10 months in advance or so (mainly because of the game tickets). I can get them on the cheap, but I will need time. All the problem lies on the plane tickets and game tickets. The rest we can work our way out...

If things go acording to plan, you will only spend with leisure + car rental + plane tickets.

@Rmpr, Sound brilliant. I'm very confident it will happen, it's been on my mind for months. I first thought about it at the start of November, and it hasn't left my head. If it doesn't happen, I'm 100% sure that it won't be my fault. It will be one of my friend's fault because they are all lousy.

@Rmpr, Sound brilliant. I'm very confident it will happen, it's been on my mind for months. I first thought about it at the start of November, and it hasn't left my head. If it doesn't happen, I'm 100% sure that it won't be my fault. It will be one of my friend's fault because they are all lousy.

Relax, I will go to Australia one day if it doesnt work out!

I need to sleep now, great night.

I find this clip hilarious. Especially the ending. It's from the amazing BBC Life...

http://www.snotr.com/video/4493/Kill_streak_of_a_Darwin_s_Beetle

Thats the Chuck Norris of beetles or even beetle007. He gets the girl in the end :-)

Planning a trip to Thailand. Isn't that the country where there's literally thousands of men posing to be women?... I'm genuinely so scared that I might end up with a man. They look so real...

What part of Thailand? It is a beautiful country.

The "ladyboys" are very hard to tell apart from the women especially once they've started treatment to have their surgery. Before that you can look for a few cues like an adams apple… a real lady doesn't have one! Also watch what restroom they use most establishments have the rule that the ladyboys must use the mens room until they have their surgery (sex change). If you are really curious you can ask, they aren't ashamed of it. However, you may offend a woman. It is a very widely accepted part of their culture. If you have any doubts, just don't even go there!

I wouldn't recommend any paid services as there is a high risk of STDs (not surprising) or getting robbed. There have been many reports of customers being drugged and robbed or getting mixed up in other illegal activities. Also, it is very hard to tell how old an Asian girl is she could be 14 or she could be 24 and you won't be able to tell and it's illegal to have sex with a minor. So just be very careful.

I researched it for you since I happened to have my SEA guide book sitting next to me and living over here you always hear about someone who has gotten into a bad situation.

There is a guy on the board who lives in Bangkok but I can't think of his name… you might ask him for places to see.

**Found it Unclezillion is the guy from Bangkok but doesn't look like he's been on since November

Well, I think Romper explained it all. I disagree on his opinion about northeast, though. I mean, I don't like living here very much, but foreigners seem to like everything here when they come. At least Pipa, Porto de Galinhas and other famous beaches they all love. Besides, it is usually substantially cheaper than São Paulo, Rio (Brazil's biggest cities) and Brasília (where politicians burn our money). However, it won't be cheaper than staying at Rmpr's apartment.

I'd offer my place for you to stay, but truth is I don't even know if I'll be here by then. I'll probably move as soon as I finish uni.

Well, Belgians (or at least this one) does the same. Especially when I say I will NOT drink (or be home on time, or the party is going to be boring so I won't get into it too much), then the shit hits the fan. EVERY TIME :-) Like clockwork. Swiss Clocks.

Every time i go out when my wife says "don't drink to much", i mostly come home wasted :D

Next weekend is carnaval over here, she allready said it, so..

Every time i go out when my wife says "don't drink to much", i mostly come home wasted :D

Next weekend is carnaval over here, she allready said it, so..

Belgians and Aussies have a bit in common. Decide to have a couple if beers in the arvo next thing you know you're drinking plonk and it's 5:45 am.

Match in England ‘fixed’ A MYSTERY Champions League clash played in England was FIXED.

That is according to Europol — the European Union’s law enforcement agency — who have smashed a criminal network based in Asia.

In all, 380 matches across the continent are under investigation involving 425 match officials, club officials, players and criminals.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4778100/Europol-match-fixing-investigation-uncovers-380-dodgy-matches.html

Well, I think Romper explained it all. I disagree on his opinion about northeast, though. I mean, I don't like living here very much, but foreigners seem to like everything here when they come. At least Pipa, Porto de Galinhas and other famous beaches they all love. Besides, it is usually substantially cheaper than São Paulo, Rio (Brazil's biggest cities) and Brasília (where politicians burn our money). However, it won't be cheaper than staying at Rmpr's apartment.

I'd offer my place for you to stay, but truth is I don't even know if I'll be here by then. I'll probably move as soon as I finish uni.

Wait, I did not say it was bad, I said he wont like it.

He said he doesnt like beach, sun, etc. That is why I said he wouldnt like it, not that it sucks.

I have not been to many places there, but Fortaleza and Porto Seguro (I know, amazing isnt it?) are awesome!

Wait, I did not say it was bad, I said he wont like it.

He said he doesnt like beach, sun, etc. That is why I said he wouldnt like it, not that it sucks.

I have not been to many places there, but Fortaleza and Porto Seguro (I know, amazing isnt it?) are awesome!

I didn't meant to imply you said it was bad. Just that he might like it anyways. I don't like to go to the beach very much, but drinking at the beach is awesome! Hahaha.

And there are other things to do and places to go.

I didn't meant to imply you said it was bad. Just that he might like it anyways. I don't like to go to the beach very much, but drinking at the beach is awesome! Hahaha.

And there are other things to do and places to go.

Yeah, but the best of all is doing sex on the beach.....PORTO TODO DIA: AXÉ, CACHAÇA E PUTARIA! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW82B6K8RXs