The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Happy New year my friends πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸΎπŸ₯‚ next year is gonna be so much better, I promise 🍻πŸ’ͺ enjoy!Β 

Β 

Next year is gonna be worse and you can quote me on that

With that said happy new year, wish you all the best of health and wishes. I've got my lady and family members here drinking and laughing, after the fire works I will lit a quality kush blunt to finish it all.

• 1 month later...

If you live in the UK, here is a great deal on a great single malt Speyside

Β 

Benriach 25 Year Old

Authenticus Peated Malt

Distillery Bottling

70cl / 46%

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/17176/benriach-25-year-old-authenticus-peated-malt

Β 

SPECIAL OFFER
Β£69 OFF!Β 
(Was Β£299)Β + FREE UK MAINLAND STANDARD DELIVERY

A 25 year old from Speyside's Benriach, made using their peated spirit and sat at the top end of the age range for their peated whisky. This is the follow-up to the much-vaunted Authenticus 21yo and is claimed by the producers to show herb, honey and tropical fruit flavours alongside the smoke.

Β 

Producer's Notes
APPEARANCE
Bright, warm amber gold.
NOSE
Elegant aromas of ripe pineapple, fresh mountain herbs and a profusion of sweet peat. A huge pungent blast of peat smoke emerges, partnering the peated element perfectly. Full bodied and audacious.
PALATE
A fantastic fusion of rich peat and smouldering embers bound together by fresh herbs - oregano, aniseed and chicory in particular. A rush of sweet, wild honey provides a lovely contrast to this lively, intense expression.
CONCLUSIONS
Terrific weight and development which leaves a powerful long lasting impression on the palate.

Benriach 25 Year Old / Authenticus Peated Malt

Pity the nation whose people are sheep,
and whose shepherds mislead them.
Pity the nation whose leaders are liars, whose sages are silenced,
and whose bigots haunt the airwaves.
Pity the nation that raises not its voice,
except to praise conquerors and acclaim the bully as hero
and aims to rule the world with force and by torture.
Pity the nation that knows no other language but its own
and no other culture but its own.
Pity the nation whose breath is money
and sleeps the sleep of the too well fed.
Pity the nation β€” oh, pity the people who allow their rights to erode
and their freedoms to be washed away.
My country, tears of thee, sweet land of liberty.”

--- by LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

(March 24, 1919 – February 22, 2021)Β 

Β 

Lawrence Ferlinghetti, poet and founder of City Lights bookshop, dies aged 101
Poet and countercultural pioneer put on trial for publishing Allen Ginsberg’s Howl went on to become a beloved icon of San Francisco

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/feb/23/lawrence-ferlinghetti-poet-founder-city-lights-bookshop-dies-aged-101

Β 

Β 

Edited by Vesper

An investigation into the death of Elijah McClain is bringing new evidence to light.Β 

Β 

THE BACKGROUND.

In August of 2019, a 911 caller in Colorado reported a β€œsuspicious person” in a ski mask apparently waving his arms. That person turned out to beΒ Elijah McClain, a 23 year old Black man walking home from a convenience store and listening to music. It would later come out that he was wearing a ski mask due to his anemia, which made him cold. Three police officers confronted McClain, who β€œresisted contact.” A struggle followed, which led to an officer putting him into a carotid hold. In response, McClain said β€œI can’t breathe.” Not long after, paramedics arrived and injected McClain with ketamine, a powerful sedative. He went into cardiac arrest and died three days later.Β 

Β 

THE HAPPENINGS.Β 

No charges were broughtΒ against any of the police officers involved in McClain’s death, reportedly because prosecutors couldn’t prove they caused the death or used unjustified force. Enter: this independent investigation, which begs to differ.Β 

Β 

THE DEETS.Β 

The investigation says the police had absolutelyΒ no legal basisΒ to stop or detain McClain, especially since he wasn’t doing anything wrong in the first place. It also puts blame on responding paramedics, who sedated McClain without conducting β€œanything more than a brief visual observation” and ended up giving McClain - who weighed 140 pounds - a dosage fit for a man weighing 190 pounds.Β 

Β 

THE TAKE.Β 

The findings are an important step in bringing justice for McClain. TBD.Β 

• 3 weeks later...

literally the essence of brit 'trash with cash' boiled down to its chav core (millionsΒ cannot buy class)

she looks like a fucking lipo'd trout with 2 litre fake tits

Β 

'High standards are important - I'd dump my boyfriend if he shopped at Primark'

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow, whose parents are multi-millionaires, says her wealthy upbringing can make it difficult to find a suitable partner and admits she has high standards

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/high-standards-important-id-dump-23738655

'Daddy's girl' millionaire's daughter, 21, spends $100k on surgery after being trolled

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow was just 16 when she had lip fillers because she was unhappy with the way she looked. She has since had a boob job and plans more cosmetic surgeries - all with her dad's blessing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daddys-girl-millionaires-daughter-21-23515389

Β 

The 21-year-old has gone up from a AA cup to a CDaddy's girl' millionaire's daughter, 21, spends $100k on surgery after  being trolled - Mirror Online

Β 

Β 

Edited by Vesper

55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

literally the essence of brit 'trash with cash' boiled down to its chav core (millionsΒ cannot buy class)

she looks like a fucking lipo'd trout with 2 litre fake tits

Β 

'High standards are important - I'd dump my boyfriend if he shopped at Primark'

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow, whose parents are multi-millionaires, says her wealthy upbringing can make it difficult to find a suitable partner and admits she has high standards

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/high-standards-important-id-dump-23738655

'Daddy's girl' millionaire's daughter, 21, spends $100k on surgery after being trolled

Saffron Drewitt-Barlow was just 16 when she had lip fillers because she was unhappy with the way she looked. She has since had a boob job and plans more cosmetic surgeries - all with her dad's blessing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daddys-girl-millionaires-daughter-21-23515389

Β 

The 21-year-old has gone up from a AA cup to a CDaddy's girl' millionaire's daughter, 21, spends $100k on surgery after  being trolled - Mirror Online

Β 

Β 

I cant stand such fake people, so shallow so hollow.

Looking to disable Google Chrome Reading list?

Here’s how to remove it from Bookmarks bar

1. Enter chrome://flags/#read-later into the address bar and hit the Enter key.
2. Select β€œDisabled” from the drop-down list next to the Reading List option.
3. Restart Chrome.

πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ”¬

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

@MilanΒ Random question - do you like Vettel?

That is indeed very random haha. At first I did not like him particularly, butΒ now he is in my top 3 in the current grid. I wish him success in Aston Martin.

What makes you ask that on this particular afternoon?

Edited by Milan