Chelsea vs West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think unfotunatly carlo will stick to pretty much the same team that played yesterday baring maybe Drogba instead of Kalou ( with anelka moving to the right) i cant see many changes as Carlo likes to keep it the same.

Drogba needs another two weeks to be fully fit so I wouldn't start him yet, too risky. That means Anelka will most likely start as CF. He's more CM than CF

dry.gif. We seriously lack creativity and skill in midfield so putting Malouda in midfield would really help our problem. Ancelotti's did it before so hoping he'll do it again, although he only did it because of injuries.

No Kalou please excl.gif. Only as a sub. I'll cry if he starts again.

Best possible formation:

Cech

Essien

Lampard Malouda

Sturridge Anelka Zhirkov

If you experiment a bit and take a little risk:

Cech

Ivanovic Carvalho Terry Cole

Essien

Lampard Matic

Sturridge Anelka Malouda

Or

Cech

Essien(DM) Lampard(CM)

Kakuta(AM)

Malouda Sturridge Zhirkov

(But Ancelotti doesn't like to expirement so Matic or Kakuta starting and Anelka on the bench is only a dream)

Drogba needs another two weeks to be fully fit so I wouldn't start him yet, too risky. That means Anelka will most likely start as CF. He's more CM than CF

dry.gif. We seriously lack creativity and skill in midfield so putting Malouda in midfield would really help our problem. Ancelotti's did it before so hoping he'll do it again, although he only did it because of injuries.

No Kalou please excl.gif. Only as a sub. I'll cry if he starts again.

Best possible formation:

Cech

Essien

Lampard Malouda

Sturridge Anelka Zhirkov

If you experiment a bit and take a little risk:

Cech

Essien

Lampard Matic

Sturridge Anelka Malouda

Or

Cech

Essien(DM) Lampard(CM)

Kakuta(AM)

Malouda Sturridge Zhirkov

(But Ancelotti doesn't like to expirement so Matic or Kakuta starting and Anelka on the bench is only a dream)

Agreed with you on each points. Mainly about your "Best possible formation".

Beforehand, I had never thought to put Malouda instead of Mikel and Zhirkov instead of Malouda. But it's true with Malouda at Midfield we gonna have more creativity and more pace.

And for the testing, I'd like see that team :

Cech

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - Cole

Essien (or anelka lol)

Lamaprd - Malouda

Kakuta - Sturridge - Zhirkov

Id love to se the Ramires deal done and dusted before this game come saround and for him to be in the centre of our midfield but I think its toon soon, even if we do sign him by that time I dont expect him to be flung into the side that soon, especially considering the lack of game time he has gotten this pre season with Benfica.

I think Chelsea may look like this.

Cech

Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole

Essien, Mikel, Lampard

Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Of course if Ancelotti doesn't think Drogba will make it then Anelka moves into the striker position and Kalou probably starts out wide despite Sturridge looking like a much better player.

Don't really have any concerns over this game, but would like to see a good team put out. I would personally go with :

...........................................Cech.......................................

Ferreira...........Ivanovic...............Terry....................Cole

.........................................Essien......................................

..................Lampard.....................Malouda.....................

...Sturridge.....................Drogba......................Anelka...

Cech

Ferriera Ivanovic Terry Cole

Essien Mikel Lampard

Anelka Drogba Malouda

Sturridge would provide a creative spark if Carlo puts him on the field as an impact sub. I really don't see a point to ever put Kalou on the field unless we have many injuries. Zhirkov will probably be put late into the game to replace Cole or Malouda.

The only concern I have is the lack of urgency the team displayed in the shield against Utd. Sturridge wants to prove himself, we may aswell give him the chance against a bottom feeder like west brom. Same with Kakuta and Bruma.

I think I'll actually go mad if Kalou plays. He is fucking useless but everyone thinks he's the shit because he scores, I saw a player ratings for the community shield where he was given best player, it always happens even though he nearly always plays shit and acts like a useless knob! Really can't see how he's good enough for Chelsea, been saying it for years now.

Im prepared to give Kalou a chance this season, he finished the last season strong and yes it was a tap in he still got a goal yesterday.

A club like aston villa has the time to give kalou a chance, not title contenders.

If kalou starts this game after his performance in the community shield, carlo has lost it.

Guest THE BEAST

Don't really have any concerns over this game, but would like to see a good team put out. I would personally go with :

...........................................Cech.......................................

Ferreira...........Ivanovic...............Terry....................Cole

.........................................Essien......................................

..................Lampard.....................Malouda.....................

...Sturridge.....................Drogba......................Anelka...

emo3.gifalthough i would rather see ivanovic pushed to the RB and carvahlo or alex at CB .

but the idea of starting with malouda in midfield against small teams like west brom will be great . we have all seen the outcome of that last year specially in our very last matcheyebrows.gif

I think I'll actually go mad if Kalou plays. He is fucking useless but everyone thinks he's the shit because he scores, I saw a player ratings for the community shield where he was given best player, it always happens even though he nearly always plays shit and acts like a useless knob! Really can't see how he's good enough for Chelsea, been saying it for years now.

Agree 100%

Im prepared to give Kalou a chance this season, he finished the last season strong and yes it was a tap in he still got a goal yesterday.

All the goals Kalou has ever scored was because either a: of a defensive mistake or b: they are tap ins. What Chelsea need and already have is players that can score inside AND outside the box, like Anleka (the goal against Arsenal in the 4-1 comes to mind), like Drogba (has skill to past defenders, and is one of the best in the world), and with the way he has shown, like Sturridge, who is skillful and has shown his shooting boots in the goal he scored against Ajax.

Sturridge is a way forward, Kalou is backward. Kalou is for teams like Aston Villa as a striker and is even worse as a winger. Kakuta has tremdous skill, like he has shown in the Euro U19.

My team would be:

Cech

Ivanovich -- Bruma -- Terry © -- Cole

Essien

Lampard -- Malouda

Kakuta -- Sturridge -- Zhirkov

Sturridge or Drogba to start, but with Didier coming off at the hour mark.

My team would be:

Cech

Ivanovic -- Bruma -- Terry © -- Cole

Essien

Lampard -- Malouda

Kakuta -- Sturridge -- Zhirkov

Except the Malouda being a CM part that actually looks lovely,but then again it's all on paper and Ancelotti has seen the players more than we ever will.

Thank god there is some common sense on this forum. Kalou was awesome towards the end of the season and will be this season!

Thank god there is some common sense on this forum. Kalou was awesome towards the end of the season and will be this season!

:goodpost: ....but dont expect many to agree ,,,he is the whipping boy ..together with mikel and yossi ...madness but there it is it