Chelsea vs West Brom

BlueLion.

IMO Matic should be Lampard's direct replacement whenever he's out (rarely happens), like today. Nemanja's the only one who comes close to Frank's passing ability and vision (his vision is even better than Frank's but that's no shame since he's a true playmaker). I think he's ready to play full matches against lower table sides.

Or we could play Mikel in the holding midfielder role, Essien in his natural box-to-box role and Kakuta as our attacking midfielder.

We have some great options so there's no reason to rush Lamps back.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Ancelotti said Drogba isn't fit for a week or two. Able to play but not fully fit. If so, no need to rush him back. Lamps and Drogba are key players but they're not the youngest. Rushing them back might harm their fitness, short or long term.

Cech

Mikel

Essien Matic

Sturridge Anelka Malouda

or

Cech

Ferreira Ivanovic Terry Cole

Essien Mikel

Kakuta

Sturridge Anelka Malouda

Ferreira Ivanovic Terry Cole

Personally I thought Mikel was our best player over pre-season. Watch the Hamburg game in particular and you'll see why.

hush ...youre not supposed to like mikel ...,,,just like youre supposed to hate kalou and yossi....otherwise youre not a really chelsea fan

Mikels all right but I would prefer to see Ramires over the course of the season, a midfield like this

essien

ramires lampard

but today

mikel

essien lampard

or

essien

lampard malouda

we don't really need a proper defensive midfielder against West Brom. Or we shouldn't anyway.

Mikels all right but I would prefer to see Ramires over the course of the season, a midfield like this

essien

ramires lampard

but today

mikel

essien lampard

or

essien

lampard malouda

we don't really need a proper defensive midfielder against West Brom. Or we shouldn't anyway.

i have often felt there is no need for a holding midfielder against teams who field 4 5 1