Yossi Benayoun

Milan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Yossi Benayoun says he is unlikely to stay with Arsenal beyond this season and has also admitted he could leave Chelsea.

The midfielder has not had much of a look in since joining the Gunners on a season-long loan deal and has become frustrated with his lack of first-team action.

Benayoun craves regular football and says he is even prepared to drop down the league if it means he can get time on the pitch for a couple of seasons before hanging up his boots.

A return to Chelsea looks to be on the cards initially and the midfielder will then decide what his next move will be.

"Next season, according to my contract, I'm at Chelsea and I'll be happy to return there. In any event, I'll play at Chelsea or somewhere else," the Israeli admitted.

"My inclination at the moment is to sign for a mid-table team and play another two or three years. The bottom line is that I'm not playing enough games. I haven't been given enough opportunities.

"I scored the winner at Aston Villa and made a goal in the next game. But for some reason I didn't get opportunities after that, even though the team had a string of disappointing results. But I still believe in myself and that I will play much more."

Story here

• 1 month later...

Let's loan Mata next to Arse :D

Shame for Yossi, he could've helped us this season and lifted the pressure of Mata...he should be offloaded for a couple of millions or be kept 1 season max if he fine with warming the bench which I doubt...

Shame he didn't make an impression last season due to his injury.

• 4 weeks later...

DId anyone here actually read what he said and not the headline?! He never said anything about him not bothering Chelsea. We may be his parent club but as long as he still on loan there, his job is to help Arsenal achieve their targets!