Yossi Benayoun

Milan

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole and Deco are washed out.

Exactly.

Benayoun offers something different to us, something every side needs. But he's not Chelsea starting material so yeah. When Chelsea finally sign a true playmaker, coming summer hopefully, we have a good back-up in Yossi. His age seems to just be an number for now since he's still got pace and looks (very) fit and that's something for a 30-year old coming back from a long-term injury. I wish he would play more but maybe he's not fully fit yet.

Benayoun can make something out of nothing, ie if he can see a pass he makes it, if he see space where there could be an attack he makes it, but there isn't he moves the ball into a area when he can find one. He is skillful as well as having vision, something which we lacked imo even with Cole and Deco here.

• 3 months later...

Well i'm fucked off -used to be Ian Hutchinsons number.

Back to Benayoun -can be a force for good, lively and inject pace when he comes on. Could also be the life saving conduit for Fernando the Wonderhorse. However, what he is not, is the panacea for all the ills. He had some pony games for the dippers, which was why they were happy to offload.

Well i'm fucked off -used to be Ian Hutchinsons number.

Back to Benayoun -can be a force for good, lively and inject pace when he comes on. Could also be the life saving conduit for Fernando the Wonderhorse. However, what he is not, is the panacea for all the ills. He had some pony games for the dippers, which was why they were happy to offload.

Benitiz didn't rate him as a starter and told him to leave. He also told Alonso he could go too. So, yeah, sometimes Benitiz wasn't so great on judging players. He also had very strained relationships with a lot of his players. Carragher and Gerrard didn't shed any tears over his departure and were happy to see him replaced with Hodgson. In other words, Benayoun's departure wasn't so cut and dry over his form.

You're right that he's not going to be Chelsea's savior. For a big club fighting over at least 4 trophies, I don't think you can really pinpoint one player to lead the charge anyhow. But Benayoun will be a great squad player who can alternate between starting and subbing. His skills will unlock a few games. It's also why I don't think the argument that Modric and Pastore aren't needed because Yossi will do the job. No, he can help but in today's football, you can't rely on one player for the entire season.

Benitiz didn't rate him as a starter and told him to leave. He also told Alonso he could go too. So, yeah, sometimes Benitiz wasn't so great on judging players. He also had very strained relationships with a lot of his players. Carragher and Gerrard didn't shed any tears over his departure and were happy to see him replaced with Hodgson. In other words, Benayoun's departure wasn't so cut and dry over his form.

You're right that he's not going to be Chelsea's savior. For a big club fighting over at least 4 trophies, I don't think you can really pinpoint one player to lead the charge anyhow. But Benayoun will be a great squad player who can alternate between starting and subbing. His skills will unlock a few games. It's also why I don't think the argument that Modric and Pastore aren't needed because Yossi will do the job. No, he can help but in today's football, you can't rely on one player for the entire season.

Good points -and appreciate you putting me right on his shitfield departure. I remember groaning when he came on against us as a sub, as he would energise the rest of the Liverpool players and upset the man marking. Equally there were times when he ranged between anonymity to wastefully giving the ball away. Overall as you say good squad player albeit for a short time. To me I would have him and Kalou on the bench every game

• 4 weeks later...