Bosingwa expected back in August

Jose Bosingwa meanwhile is not yet ready to join with the rest of the players as he continues his comeback from knee surgery, but it is hoped he will be ready for the start of the competitive season on August 8.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2084852,00.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news..should be a good contest between him and Bran,which can only be good for CFC.

i expect Bran to win the spot,atleast initially, as even when "fit" is gonna take a while for Bos to get that sharpness back...as Essien will go through the same..but when you think we done the double basically without two players of the calibre of Bos and Ess..and add in some of our great prospects from the academy....it`s scary how good we are looking as a club these days. (scary for the opposition that is..who in some cases,don`t even see what is coming..)

I know Jose is a full back but he has all the qualities to be a good midfielder in my opinion. I'm not saying play him there instead of Essien or Mikel, but he is such a fantastic attacking outlet... I'd love for us to give it a go in a pre-season friendly; Ivan at right-back with Bosingwa in front of him. What a mouthwatering combination that could be. It might not work but when it boils down to it I prefer Ivanovic as a defender and Bosingwa as an attacker... and since we have both, why can't we use both?!

I know Jose is a full back but he has all the qualities to be a good midfielder in my opinion. I'm not saying play him there instead of Essien or Mikel, but he is such a fantastic attacking outlet... I'd love for us to give it a go in a pre-season friendly; Ivan at right-back with Bosingwa in front of him. What a mouthwatering combination that could be. It might not work but when it boils down to it I prefer Ivanovic as a defender and Bosingwa as an attacker... and since we have both, why can't we use both?!

Like Dani Alvez?

I really want ivo to be moved into the centre back position he is a pure defender. Bos gives us the balance with ash down the other wing.

Essentially Ivanovic is a centre back playing out of position at right back and although he had a tremendous season last year I wonder if he will actually get the nod to play at centre back beside John Terry. Its a tough one, Alex is a wonderful defender but then Ivanovic is an excellent centre back when he is played in that position too.

Well the great thing is we have brilliant cover and can rotate players to maintain fitness.

Yuri, Ferreira and Ash - LB

Terry, Ivanovic, Alex, Carvalho - CB

Ivan, Ferreira and Bos - RB

Plus we have the youngsters such as Bruma, Hutch and Patch as well.

i`ve thought about playing Bos in midfield since Bran showed that he`s more than capable at RB..i came to the conclusion though that the one full back who would be best suited to play midfield in a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 is Yuri.( and we got more cover at LB with Bertrand and Van Aanholt anyway)

Bos in midfield would be best suited on the right flank of a 4-4-2 imo...we could give him a go in the previous stated roles tho i guess...but with him reported to be only ready about the 8th of August..that pretty much rules it out for pre-season friendlies.