Official: Ballack and Joe Cole released!

I'm glad they're both leaving because AT LAST the club is moving in the right direction. It means playing time for Matic, Stoch and Kakuta!

As long as we are not after Yaya etc. However it looks really good with our youngsters and that's exactly how it should be, finally.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news made me very sad. I really love Joey and its sad to see him leave. He is one of reasons Chelsea FC caught my attention years ago. Always thought he would finish his career with us. Hope Chelsea are sure of their decision and that this means that the club will really give the young players a chance to shine.

Hope Joey doesnt join Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool out of respect to the club he always claimed to love.

Also wanted Bally to stay for one more year but also not happening. Wish him the best of luck.

I firmly believed that they would stay,probably refusing to see what everyone else saw.

I'm disappointed,gutted although I see this will probably be good for the team.

Wish them both success and luck wherever they go,I'll still cheer for them when I see them play.Shame Joe isn't going to win any trophies if he goes to Arsenal or the Yidds.

Ballack wasn't really successful over here but having a player of his caliber was always good.I hope that he can end his career in style.

Joe will always be a Chelsea legend,no matter the colours he wears next year.I don't know if he was greedy or not happy on the bench but seeing Chelsea with another #10 will be weird.He was probably my favourite player and I because of his tricks I liked him more than Lamps or JT

Gutted

Edited by Kostas

Matic and Kakuta/Stoch to step up?

I have so, i am one of those who liked Ballack but could see that he wasn't needed in the club anymore. We have Mikel as DMC, meaning that Essien could play a more attacking role, or even play as DMC when Mikel is out. We then have Bruma, Cork, Mancienne, Hutchinson, all of whom i believe hold the line if needed.

Well gutted about this news as much as anyone else absolutely loved Joey with a passion. I thought his passion for Chelsea was more than this.

Chelsea announced that they wanted him to stay so he's obviously not changed his wage demands which i think is a real shame, if he loved the club that muc he'd of repaid the faith we showed in him when he was injured. The club has done the right thing at least we dont have to deal with all the rumours as he's not longer a chelsea player.

However as he's moving on I'll remember him for the player he was at Chelsea when he was at his best. Don't give a shit where he ends up now. he's past his best. But good luck to him i'll always love him as a Chelsea player.

As for ballack got nothing but respect for the guy he's an absolute legend of the game, and people like Joey Cole should take note of him. Gutted that he's missing the world cup but good luck in the future Bally.

Edited by Kez

Just hope that because of this news Stoch wants to stay now. He wanted first team football and with Joe Cole gone, we officialy dont have a real right winger except for Miroslav. So Chelsea really have to do everything to keep him and extend his contract.

With Cole and Ballack gone and Deco and Belleti on their way out, our midfield looks like this:

Essien

Mikel

Lampard

Matic

Cork (rumours that he is leaving)

(Malouda is also a option for a role in midfield . Kakuta too but i'd rather see him play left wing.)

What im trying to say is that we obviously need new midfielders. But it doesnt really look like Chelsea is moving in the transfer market and that worries me. Would love to see Modric join us. Van der Vaart, Gourcuff, Hamsik, Banega or Özil would be great options as well. A good backup for Lampard is also needed if Cork leaves. Even if he stays, im not sure if he is able to take his place if something would happen to Lamps.

Edited by Blue_Soldier

What im trying to say is that we obviously need new midfielders. But it doesnt really look like Chelsea is moving in the transfer market and that worries me. Would love to see Modric join us. Van der Vaart, Gourcuff, Hamsik, Banega or Özil would be great options as well. A good backup for Lampard is also needed if Cork leaves. Even if he stays, im not sure if he is able to take his place if something would happen to Lamps.

Can't say I fully agree.. There's alot of emphasis put on how much the youth will play a part next season but let's not forget about those who are still staying..

-------------Mikel (DMF)---------------

Lampard (CMF) -- Essien (CMF)

Anelka (SS) -- Drogba (CF) -- Malouda (Left Wing)

For the youth you can put Essien back to DMF and bring in Matic to pair Lampard..

for Kakuta you can take out Malouda, then drop Kakuta into either an Attack Mid or Support Striker, with Anelka pairing Drogba as a CF..3

In the senario of Lampard getting an injury, Essien will become the senior midfield in which case I see Carlo doing a 4-3-3

the midfield looking like:

Mikel (DMF)

Essien (AMF) -- Kakuta/Matic (AMF)

My point is, there's no need for any other signings.. We're pretty much sorted whatever.

I think with all the players leaving, Joe, Ballack, Deco, Ferreria, Belleti and Carvalho.

We need 2 signings, or we'll make 2 good signings imo.

I really think Matic will come into the squad properly next season

Yeah can see Matic coming in more -and I suspect there will be a couple of signings in August. There will be up until then, links with dozens that will come to nothing.

Ballack - World Class on his day, but starting to slow. Shame about Joe Cole but to miss the best part of a season , demand £120 000 a week, and be no better than average is either him or his agent taking the piss.

One of the worst performances I ever seen by a Chelsea player against Cardiff.....

Can't say I fully agree.. There's alot of emphasis put on how much the youth will play a part next season but let's not forget about those who are still staying..

-------------Mikel (DMF)---------------

Lampard (CMF) -- Essien (CMF)

Anelka (SS) -- Drogba (CF) -- Malouda (Left Wing)

For the youth you can put Essien back to DMF and bring in Matic to pair Lampard..

for Kakuta you can take out Malouda, then drop Kakuta into either an Attack Mid or Support Striker, with Anelka pairing Drogba as a CF..3

In the senario of Lampard getting an injury, Essien will become the senior midfield in which case I see Carlo doing a 4-3-3

the midfield looking like:

Mikel (DMF)

Essien (AMF) -- Kakuta/Matic (AMF)

My point is, there's no need for any other signings.. We're pretty much sorted whatever.

Have to, really disagree.

A midfield of Mikel, Lampard and Essien lacks creativity, pace and that magic that Deco or Joey brought to midfield. When opponents pressure our midfield you dont have some can beat/get past a man with the ball or a beautiful one touch pass in the open space. In the modern game you absolutely need a midfield genius, that playmaker that guides the whole team.

Josh McEachran is that kind of player but he is absolutely not ready to play at the highest level of football. Kakuta is also a player like that but i'd much rather see him in a wing role with his amazing pace, skill and technique.

Thats why i think a player like Modric, Van der Vaart is needed. Ancelotti also sees that since he loved to play Deco when fit.

We can't wait until after the World Cup, his contract expires on June 30th.

I'm glad they're both leaving because AT LAST the club is moving in the right direction. It means playing time for Matic, Stoch and Kakuta!

exactly, all hail gael kakuta!

Ballack = first german footballer to win the double.

Somehow all this news of Joey n Bally leaving only makes me think we are freeing up the wage bill for one big money signing !!! Dunno if I hv to be happy abt it or sad that one of the youths may be denied their chance to shine... Oh well, lets wait n c !!!

Somehow all this news of Joey n Bally leaving only makes me think we are freeing up the wage bill for one big money signing !!! Dunno if I hv to be happy abt it or sad that one of the youths may be denied their chance to shine... Oh well, lets wait n c !!!

i think its a sign we are going to get our wage bill under control ..and with the eufa ruling its essential we do ... with the size of our stadium its

the only way we can meet their new rules