Official: Ballack and Joe Cole released!

I am sad to see Joe leave he has done a great job for us and i enjoyed his 7 years with us.I wish him all the best in his future to show that he is truly a great player,and i wish him a magic World Cup.

Ballack can fuck right off,he is shit and him leaving is the best thing Chelsea has done in ages.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sad day for Chelsea and an definitely an end of an era. I have been lucky enough to have watched Joe Cole and Michael Ballack in action over the last year. It's unfortunate that they're leaving, I have witnessed on so many occasions the respecct they have commanded on the pitch and know that they will be missed by their team mates and us the fans.

Would like to wish them the best of luck for the future.

I understand you might not like Ballack, but just be serious. You haven't seen much from Matic on top level and we don't know how he'll deal with pressure if everyone calls him better than for example Ballack. He can turn out to be flop or big player, wait to see more from him and than say statements like the one above.

I've seen him for the reserves and I think he has the makings to be a better player than Ballack, and I also feel Ballack being there was hindering his progress.

It's a sad day for Chelsea and an definitely an end of an era. I have been lucky enough to have watched Joe Cole and Michael Ballack in action over the last year. It's unfortunate that they're leaving, I have witnessed on so many occasions the respecct they have commanded on the pitch and know that they will be missed by their team mates and us the fans.

Would like to wish them the best of luck for the future.

Ffs, With the way you were making out that first part you'd swear they died! Players come and go mate, Its not a sad day for Chelsea, Joe Cole was looking for too much and Ballack is past it, They were both squad players, nothing else in this day and age. I respect both of them for what they have contributed to the club I love for the last few years, Mostly Joey because he was a magician, But players move on, I've seen better players leave the club and I'm sure you will too. Maybe this summer.

Also, You could call any player leaving an 'end of an era', But I feel that losing Joey and Ballack are the changes the club needs. Losing our old and hopefully giving players like Stoch, Matic and Kakuta a chance now.

He was the third longest serving player for us. That really is something like an end of an era. But there is a new era to come !

Good luck Joey, whereever you´ll go, i don´t have anything against you, but please, turn United down

I'm sad to see them both go but tbh I think that it was time for them to leave the club, and as many of you already stated it means more space for the youth.

They are both great players which we will never forget. I'm glad that Ballack won the league finally after 4 years, his mission with Chelsea was done.

Joey - will never forget his two goals against Spurs in the 4-4 drama.

Ballack - his two goals against Manure back in April of 2008.

Maybe I was being too harsh in the "Would you boo Joe Cole" topic but I was very disappointed at the minute considering the fact that he will join Spurs/Arsenal/Man Utd. I don't think I would boo him, seriously, but still I'm very disappointed.

I'll still like him as a player though.

Ballack - where will he go?

Edited by blackjack

To me, this is pretty good news, despite all they have done for the club these last few years, it's not as if they have been spectacular the last season or so. They can be replaced, allowing more room for youth players (Kakuta), allowing the average age for the squad to go down.

But I've seen some crap like that twat Henrique posting: "Now Chelsea deserves a real number 10." And Joe Cole wasn't? Fuck off because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

At the end of the day, these will be beneficial to us, and hopefully we can start bringing youth into the squad this upcoming season.

Edited by Joe Cool

I don't understand the motivational poster. Is it in favour of Joe Cole, the poster or the club?

On a more serious note, I think this is a poor decision. The German captain is quality, and added grit to our midfield. Ballack's contribution was found in support, not spectacular but solid, pushing the team along. You need some players like that.

And as for Joe, I'm slightly biased as he was my favourite player, but really, he was only 28 years old and a return to his best form sees him devastate opposition. The class he is capable of: WOW.

The departure of Cole, Ballack, Belleti, Deco didn't really surprise me. I'm glad the Cole n Ballack's "will they stay,will they go" saga has finally ended. I just hope we do not buy any defenders (we've got Bruma n Hutchinson) , midfielders (we've got Matic n Kakuta). The only player I want Chelsea to buy is Kaka. Other than that I just wanna our youth players getting more chance in the 1st team. In my humble opinion, all d aforementioned youth players are able replacements for the ones who left.

I don't understand the motivational poster. Is it in favour of Joe Cole, the poster or the club?

On a more serious note, I think this is a poor decision. The German captain is quality, and added grit to our midfield. Ballack's contribution was found in support, not spectacular but solid, pushing the team along. You need some players like that.

And as for Joe, I'm slightly biased as he was my favourite player, but really, he was only 28 years old and a return to his best form sees him devastate opposition. The class he is capable of: WOW.

It was me agreeing with the statement underlined in blue. I'm no longer a fan of Cole. He's done some good for this club but his legacy has been tainted by his greed in my eyes.

Guest Lampards Bitch

It has done the club a favour because that is less money spent on wages on two players that play then usually get injured. And also the new UEFA rules, well I say new its adapted, we have to be careful of. it means clubs' financial returns will be monitored over a three-year period and they will be expected to spend no more than they earn, give or take a 5 million euros "immaterial losses" factor. You can blow what you like on a ground or training , on a youth project. So can your wealthy benefactor. That wealthy benefactor can only subsidise other spending - transfers and salaries, for example - to a maximum of 45 million euros over three years, above and beyond the break-even level. Our losses would be at a level UEFA would look at so the more thrifty the club is the better off we will be. plus we have good youth players that we should bring through to the first team.

It was me agreeing with the statement underlined in blue. I'm no longer a fan of Cole. He's done some good for this club but his legacy has been tainted by his greed in my eyes.

Spot on. He handled this situation very poorly and I could care less where he goes now.

I'm not, saw it coming to be honest. The tosser wanted more money, suppose it must be awful sitting on the bench doing fuck all and getting £90,000 a week for it.

Agreed. But we don't actually know if that's the real reason remember. It could be the whole "bench thing" he realises he nearly missed out on England once, doesn't want to risk it again? Going to Manchester United wouldn't help him there, but who cares now whistling.gif

United have pulled out of the race to sign Cole apparently according to this Premier League article. Looks like he will stay in London and a choice between Arsenal and Spurs. Normally I would say he would definitely choose Arsenal but the Redknapp factor may persuade him to go to Spurs - plus I reckon they would be crazy enough to offer him the wages he wants!!