Best Midfielder in Europe ?

You are crazy, Barcelona in the past and now Real Madrid want him and you say that he doesnt get the credits he deserves...

When people speak off the world's best midfielders they always mention Xavi,Iniesta,Fabregas,Essiesn,Kaka etc Lamps doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously we all know that there are very few people outside of Chelsea that believe Gerrard is better than Lampard. We all know they are wrong and i have just looked up some stats on wikipedia.

Gerrard: 1998 - present

532 games 132 goals

78 caps 16 goals

Lampard: 2001 - present

473 games 157 goals 94 assists

77 caps 20 goals

I think those stats talk for themselves. (Couldn't find any assists stats for Gerrard)

When people speak off the world's best midfielders they always mention Xavi,Iniesta,Fabregas,Essiesn,Kaka etc Lamps doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Maybe people in England and Greece...and Im not quite sure they understand enough about the game.

Maybe people in England and Greece...and Im not quite sure they understand enough about the game.

Please explain how you have arrived at that conclusion.

Edited by boshman

I would take lamps in a heartbeat

Can easily become the best player that has played for Chelsea shame he has never recived player of the year but most of the time its used to promote a player commercal wise nowadays

I think xavi is better than lampard.

9 out of 10 passes of him are over a distance of 2 yards or less, so no wonder he has a high passing succes rate :whistling:. Also haven't see him score as much goals as Lampard and i probably could go on and on and on :rolleyes:.

Lampard is one of the top 3 midfielders in the world IMO. He has provided for CFC year after year and doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Any Liverpool fan that thinks Stevie G is better, they are crazy.

Any Manure fan that thinks ANY of their midfielders are better, they are crazy.

Any Gooner that thinks Fabregas is better, they are crazy.

I wouldnt swap anyone in the world for Frank, he is the heartbeat of CFC, he is a legend.

Who the other two?

Its hard to narrow it down, but if were talking box to box midfielders, I'd go with:

1. Lampard

2. Sneijder

3. Xavi

They are slighly different in their attributes, but Lampard contributes the most in my eyes. Awesome midfielder, wouldnt swap him for anyone.

He's certainly amongst the best in the world in his position. I think it's hard to call him the best midfielder because there are so many positions and therefore so many different attributes you can associate with a player being the best midfielder. Lampard is without doubt one of the best goalscoring midfielders, but it depends on which criteria you are looking for - for example the sheer destructive play of Toulalan in the CDM role, the creativeness of Xavi or the all-round play of Essien. Regardless of this all, however, Lampard's sheer quality and versatility make him amongst the top midfielders, period.

Totally agree with that post BlueLion, midfielders are very hard to compare, but trying to think of a similar midfielder to Lamps that I would prefer to have in our side... I cant think of anyone better.

Why do non-Chelsea/Liverpool fans rate Gerrard more than Lamps?

Gerrard comes up with those last minute hit and hope shots and helps his team win. And then you have Andy "OOOOOOOO You Beauty" Gray yelling at the top of his lungs and that makes the fans sit up and take notice of how special Gerrard is. But talking how deluded the world is, Gerrard has only won the game twice in the last minute.

Vs Oympiakos

Vs West Ham.

You can also add his dive that won Liverpool the penalty Vs AC Milan in the Final of Champinos League.

Now then Lampard, all he does is Scores Goals Week in and Week out with assists galore. No player is as consistent as he is. He does score last minute goals but then people say he has Drogba, Ballakc, Essien around him who help him with that.

When it comes to pure Efficiency, no midfielder can touch Lampard.

When it comes to creativeness, no midfielder can touch Xavi.

When it comes to all round ability, no midfielder can touch Essien.

When it comes to Diving, no midfielder can touch Gerrard.