Best Midfielder in Europe ?

Who do we think it is then ?

Highest number of goals in Europe from a midfielder, most winning goals in Europe, most opening goals in Europe, highest no. of shots on target by a midfielder in Europe, most 'key passes' in Europe ? UEFA stats compiled from top six European Leagues

Give you a clue -known as Fatboy.:clap:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Lampard is immense.. There is no other midfielder like him and the fact that he continues season after season to play at such a high level is just incredible. Players like Lampard will never win world player of the year awards but he should do because he is unbelieveable. Will be a sad day when we won't be able to draw on his ability for Chelsea anymore.

I agree, Frank is an immense player, like I stated in a revious post last week never gets the recognition he deserves, and I am sure it is because he plays for Chelsea, and we are seen to have a poor reputation with neural fans. Because a lot of them are jealous of our success in recent years, this I am certain of. Now what will everyone say if Frank is our top scorer in the World Cup and scores the winner in the final, he will be hailed as one of the best players in the world, when in fact he does this week in week out and year in and year out for Chelsea.

I agree, Frank is an immense player, like I stated in a revious post last week never gets the recognition he deserves, and I am sure it is because he plays for Chelsea, and we are seen to have a poor reputation with neural fans. Because a lot of them are jealous of our success in recent years, this I am certain of. Now what will everyone say if Frank is our top scorer in the World Cup and scores the winner in the final, he will be hailed as one of the best players in the world, when in fact he does this week in week out and year in and year out for Chelsea.

Even if he did that he wouldn't get the credit he deserves, the media would give Rooney all the credit for standing 10 feet away from Lampard.

still cant figure out how this player is not one of the best three in the world every year ...... only once he came second ......

i think he should be there year after year because his contributions never stop he is only getting better now i beleive him when he said he thinks that he matures more every year ......we are lucky to have him and i am not worrying about who will cover him when he retires because i know that wont happen before 4 or 5 years from now and he will keep up the super work all that time ....

There was a great article in one of the papers a few years back about Frank saying; 'Some people don't understand the genius that is Frank Lampard. Their loss.' And that's so true. All the stats show that Frank is the best around. If the United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc fans can't see that, who cares? His reputation changed after a 'poor' World Cup in 2006, though he was far from the only one.

For me, the greatest player to ever wear our shirt. Will be simply impossible to replace him.

Edited by DavidEU

I think xavi is better than lampard.

No way, all Xavi can do is pass and cross, he's good at owning the ball too, but he isn't as dangerous as Lampard when in front of goal, nor quick.

I must say that I agree with all of the good comments said about Lampsy here... he really is a legend and we must be proud that such a great and a big player plays for our team, shame he doesn't get the credit he deserves from other teams fans though, but do we really give a damn! :lol:

Edited by blackjack

but do we really give a damn! :lol:

yes.

it's important for the great players of this football club to receive the global recognition they deserve. Who wouldn't want Lamps to be considered one of the great club footballers by fans worldwide.

Well it's obvious, he doesn't get the credit he deserves because of jealousy, Man u fans, Arsenal fans, Liverpool fans and other teams fans, do you think they don't know how good he is?

You must be blind not to know Lampard's qualities, abilities and skills...

That was my point, we shouldn't give a damn as long as Lamps is one of the best players in the world and they just don't admit it because of jealousy.

Have to agree with all the comments here.

He doesnt get half the recognition he deserves, especially from fans outside of Chelsea. But hey, thats anybody elses loss, to have such a good player on our team is nothing but proud!