Chelsea vs Arsenal

BlueLion.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech was fucking sensational. I know it was only one match but he appears a lot more confident. His body language was massively positive; coming from crosses and being far more vocal than he usually is. Some top saves too; delighted for him, he's certainly raised his game.

In fact, I think everyone raised their game today. After all this crap about JT it appears the boys all rallied around him. I know this comment is probably fuelled by adrenaline but I honestly think that is the best defensive performance I've ever seen us put in; easily on-par with the Barcelona away game last season.

As said above, Cech was colossal, Ivanovic and Ashley Cole were imperious. Carvalho, bar the odd cynical tackle, was brilliant as well. Terry was phenomenal. Different class. Lampard and Anelka - a lot of people will say they were quiet - but they did brilliantly amongst all that Arsenal pressure. They pressed and covered and put in brilliant shifts. Ballack worked hard, Malouda was tireless, and Joe and Yuri also worked hard during their little cameo appearances, keeping Arsenal's defence under some pressure.

But the two star men, for me, were Mikel and Drogba. I don't need to say anything about Didier - he was phenomenal. But Mikel was absolutely sensational in the holding role. I'd go as far as saying that's his best ever performance for us.

All-round, one of the best team performances since I started supporting the Blues back in 1997. Very proud to be wearing Chelsea blue (well, yellow, actually) at the minute.

Carefree.

keeping in mind i said that in the heat of the moment after the hull game had finished.

Heat of the moment? It only seems like you just focus on the negative aspects of Chelsea.

Anyways, what a fucking match, first half was pure class, just wonderful football.

Leave TX alone.

If you forgot, we just gave the Gunners a kick up the Arse! Let's keep it friendly people, we've all said things in the heat of the moment.

But for the record, our result at Hull looks fucking brilliant after Citeh lost there yesterday!!