James Milner

James Milner

MILNER-James-0809_1269721.jpg

Name :James Milner

Club: Aston Villa

Position: Midfielder

I have to say that i like him and his style of playing, his versaility and would like to see him in our blue shirt. I can see him as someone who can replace Ballack and after all he is english so that could halp us with that Platini rule that club has to have homegrown players.

What do you think guys?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

No thanks, can't see it as an improvement to our squad to be honest. We are only being mentioned to bump the price up for City.

Probably true. Would gel quite well with Lampard and Terry though, English spine and all that -he is excellent on the wing who doesnt stop running and if Joe Cole or Ballack goes would be a good acquisition. However -theres a lot of homegrown yoof waiting in the wings....

I like the idea of getting him.

When you think back to when we signed Lampard all those years ago there was alot of doubt about him being able to hack it at Chelsea, but if I'm honest, I think Milner is a better player than the Lampard we signed from West Ham.

He scores goals, has bundles of energy and who knows....he could end up replacing Lampard when he finally decides to call it a day. A midfield with Essien, Lampard and Milner would have so much drive its scary.

I like the idea of getting him.

When you think back to when we signed Lampard all those years ago there was alot of doubt about him being able to hack it at Chelsea, but if I'm honest, I think Milner is a better player than the Lampard we signed from West Ham.

He scores goals, has bundles of energy and who knows....he could end up replacing Lampard when he finally decides to call it a day. A midfield with Essien, Lampard and Milner would have so much drive its scary.

Totally agree with you.

I would love to see him here. A similar type of player to Lamps. Could even end up being the next Lampard in 2 or 3 years.

He has been brilliant at Villa this year. In my opinion he should start at the World Cup. He Scores goals, a box to box midfielder, He's versatile. Agree with Aesthetic Relic. A midfield or Essien, Lamps and Milner would be immense. Would be a brilliant signing.

Having said that i wouldn't like to pay 30 million for him. 20-22 is enough i think.

He would be pricey,over 20mill for sure since Villa rejected City's original bid.At the moment we can't outbid City since they really don't think when they buy players.At least when we started buying we bought players we needed.I feel we don't need Milner,he is a very good young player but i feel other players are more needed.But on the other hand i am not Ancelotti and i can't pick which players i would like.As far as i am concerned bring in Aguero and Kakuta and the youngsters promoted to the 1st team would do us the good of the world.

With £20m mentioned as being rejected already, this has already become farcical, there is no way we are touching this deal. Even before the prices mentioned it wouldn't have made much sense to sign him.

25 or 30 million is probably over the odfds but in the modern day transfer climate thats the sort of prices we are talking to secure a very good, promising player. I think a central midfielder is needed, at times our lack of pace in midfield has been exposed, the likes of Mikel and Ballack dont have the legs to get around midfield and the same goes to Lampard but to a far lesser extent. A midfield of Essien, Lampard and Milner would be perfect.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You