James Milner

25 or 30 million is probably over the odfds but in the modern day transfer climate thats the sort of prices we are talking to secure a very good, promising player. I think a central midfielder is needed, at times our lack of pace in midfield has been exposed, the likes of Mikel and Ballack dont have the legs to get around midfield and the same goes to Lampard but to a far lesser extent. A midfield of Essien, Lampard and Milner would be perfect.

sorry dont think we need him

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of getting him.

When you think back to when we signed Lampard all those years ago there was alot of doubt about him being able to hack it at Chelsea, but if I'm honest, I think Milner is a better player than the Lampard we signed from West Ham.

He scores goals, has bundles of energy and who knows....he could end up replacing Lampard when he finally decides to call it a day. A midfield with Essien, Lampard and Milner would have so much drive its scary.

agree.

Milner is a good player but i would only pay 15 million for him max. He works hard and he is good technically too, but you only spend 25-30 million on a special talent. We signed essien for 26 million but that was when he was the brightest midfielder in Europe tearing the champions league apart. Maybe we can offer player plus cash, someone like j.cole and 5 million, i do think he would up grade our midfield though.

Very good player but that is alot of money for a player that hasnt played in the Champions League or World Cup (the later may change this summer though).

Milner would be a fantastic player for the right wing position. I think this guy is a fantastic player and he is only 24. He is only gonna get better and better.

Yes Villa are asking a lot of money but everyone is expensive right now. The whole transfer market is filled with crazy prices. I'd rather pay 30 mil for Milner than 50 mil for Aguero. Aguero is a great talent but we play a 4-3-3 formation. Despite what people are saying here on TC, Aguero cant play as a winger! I have followed him at Atletico and he has never played as a winger. The guy can play as a striker and second striker. We have Drogs, Nico and Sturridge for the strikers role so we dont need him.

Milner also reminds me of Lamps when he plays in centre midfield (a modern version of him) and he could easily take his spot when Lamps isnt starting line-up material anymore.

Milner would be a fantastic player for the right wing position. I think this guy is a fantastic player and he is only 24. He is only gonna get better and better.

Yes Villa are asking a lot of money but everyone is expensive right now. The whole transfer market is filled with crazy prices. I'd rather pay 30 mil for Milner than 50 mil for Aguero. Aguero is a great talent but we play a 4-3-3 formation. Despite what people are saying here on TC, Aguero cant play as a winger! I have followed him at Atletico and he has never played as a winger. The guy can play as a striker and second striker. We have Drogs, Nico and Sturridge for the strikers role so we dont need him.

Milner also reminds me of Lamps when he plays in centre midfield (a modern version of him) and he could easily take his spot when Lamps isnt starting line-up material anymore.

+1

Millner is just as good, or perhaps even better, than Lampard was in 2001 when we bought him, only difference now is the inflation on the market.

Edited by The Blue Swede

completely agree..

completely agree..

completely disagree .... milner is compared to lampard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not only that but he is a better winger than aguero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you know anything about football ??

that just tells me how great is your football knowledge .... milner is a modern version of lampard!!!! and is better winger than aguero !!!!!!.......

i wonder how you are not coaching a big team right now you know what .... real madrid should be coming after you instead of going after mourinho .....

completely disagree .... milner is compared to lampard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not only that but he is a better winger than aguero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you know anything about football ??

no offence mate.. but do you? Aguero isn't worth the 20 million difference in my opinion.. and Milner is as good as Lampard was when we signed him.. you would of probably passed up on signing him at the time aswell right? as mentioned, the only difference is the inflation.

Edited by LloydCfc

milner doesnt have half the technical abilities lampard has ......... milner is a very hard worker he is a machine just like fletcher but dont you dare compare him to lamps i ve watched lamps back then and i ve watched milner now .....

lamps always showed that he is a complete midfielder he very rarely losses the ball something which milner does a lot lamps knows how to control the tempo and to spot the player in the best position and give him the ball milner can never do that ...........

while the 20 million difference for aguero is because you wanna get a player who makes a difference ...... he can easily be as good as rooney torres messi and ronaldo ...... very pacy very talented can beat a lot of defenders when in 1 on1 situations his movement on the pitch is great his finishing is awesome and he is only 21 ..... i will pay up to 60 million for this guy ...........

in less than 2 years Matic will be better than milner ...would even use Cork and save 30mill

I don't think so, unless Matic gets at least 20 games a season for the 2 next years. How can he prove that he will be better than Milner otherwise?

I don't think so, unless Matic gets at least 20 games a season for the 2 next years. How can he prove that he will be better than Milner otherwise?

if we dont sign milner matic will get more games ,,,,but partly i was responding to posters who see milner as a better prospect than lamps

that just tells me how great is your football knowledge .... milner is a modern version of lampard!!!! and is better winger than aguero !!!!!!.......

i wonder how you are not coaching a big team right now you know what .... real madrid should be coming after you instead of going after mourinho .....

Why do you think your footballing knowledge is so much more superior to everyone else? People have different opinions on things and yours is not always right...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You