Ancelotti: I'll strip naked if I break my word on transfers

the wes

CARLO ANCELOTTI last night promised he was talking the bare truth about Chelsea’s January transfer policy as he vowed: “I’ll streak round Cobham if I’m telling lies!”

Chelsea boss Ancelotti suffered a double blow ahead of today’s trip to Birmingham as it emerged Didier Drogba will leave for African Nations Cup duty on Monday morning while Nicolas Anelka has a torn hamstring.

Daniel Sturridge will make his first league start for the Blues at St Andrews and he and Italian teenager Fabio Borini will be the only fit and available strikers left on the books from the start of next week.

Chelsea have been linked with Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero, Ajax’s Uruguayan frontman Luis Suarez and other strikers, especially after the club successfully asked the Court of Arbitration for Sport to suspend the transfer ban hanging over the club for the Gael Kakuta affair.

But Ancelotti, who will not exercise the option of recalling Franco Di Santo from his loan spell at Blackburn, insisted he was deadly serious about bringing nobody in - and is ready to pay the price if he is telling porkies.

Ancelotti said: “I can tell you I will not be buying anybody in January. Absolutely no way.

“I am willing to pay a forfeit if I do, even to run round the training ground naked!

“Of course, there are coaches in Italy who say that you should never say anything is 100 per cent. You should always say 99.99 per cent.

“But I am not changing my mind about the transfer window.

“We have a lot of confidence in my strikers. Not only Drogba, not only Kalou, not only Anelka. Also Sturridge and Borini.

“I have not asked for new players to my club. And Roman Abramovich hasn’t asked me if I need any.

“In my opinion, I think that we have good solutions internally even when we lose the African players.

“If you have new players, maybe it’s a problem in February or March, when the others come back and are available. We don’t need them in this moment, to have new players.

Carlos this is a big gamble :censored: ffs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it strange that we asked the transfer ban to be delayed, then not do anything in January. We might get this ban when we really need it, i just dont get it. If we don't buy in Jan and get the ban from say.... after the season, we're in trouble.

We asked the transfer ban to be delayed so that we can buy players for next season.

Buying a High profile Striker from Spain or Italy for 3-4 games in January and then benching him when Drogba and Essien are back doesnt really make sense. Also, this "high profie" striker will not start scoring from his first game. So its pointless.

not when the premiership isn't a target for this season.

Well thats great then! What about all those poor season ticket holders and fans who travel far and wide to watch them play. If Chelsea don't win the domestic competition, then they don't deserve to win the Champions League. Manchester United can do it, Barcelona can do it, Why can't we??? We have the Depth. Ive said it before and I'll say it again..... SHIT MANAGER!!

Well thats great then! What about all those poor season ticket holders and fans who travel far and wide to watch them play. If Chelsea don't win the domestic competition, then they don't deserve to win the Champions League. Manchester United can do it, Barcelona can do it, Why can't we??? We have the Depth. Ive said it before and I'll say it again..... SHIT MANAGER!!

shit manager.....you sir are an imbecile, you bashed ancelotti from the start before he came and only come on when a result didnt go your way. go ahead sack him and i ask who will you hire? the man is a good manager, a very good one, your sitting at worst 2 points ahead simple as that. if it were anyone else you would be happy, you simply have something against him and you have no argument why. you arent playing great footy of late thats true...but its always easiest to blame the manager, you have been a bit unlucky but from what i can see the manager isnt the problem. when the players begin to come out and claim the relationship with player and coach is bad or there is little understanding then its the manager, but right now there is none of that.

as for the transfers, it doesnt make sense to me to spend upwards of 40ml pounds halfway through a season for a striker that cant play champions league, is a risk and will most likely be benched as anelka and drogba are the starting strikers...and i dont see a formation change.

ancelotti and the club must have faith in borini,sturridge and the likes, theres nothing wrong with that, give them a run, drogs and anelka bar injury dont look like stopping any time soon.

We asked the transfer ban to be delayed so that we can buy players for next season.

Buying a High profile Striker from Spain or Italy for 3-4 games in January and then benching him when Drogba and Essien are back doesnt really make sense. Also, this "high profie" striker will not start scoring from his first game. So its pointless.

O I thought it was a case of suspend the ban while they make the decison.And when they do if its a 2 year ban then that means the next two windows so instead of being Jan 2011 we can sign again be Summer 2011..but I duno the whole thing very quiet quiet

in 8 years at milan he only won the league once.

now tell me the target for this season is the league :rolleyes:

Complete bollocks. At times, the UCL can be complete luck, because it's only over two matches. Premier League shows which side is the best over a period of time. Ask me which I would rather have? League Trophy by a country mile.

I'd rather the UCL because of the amount of shit luck we have had and the tears everyone has gone through (players i mean but yeah, us fans too).

The league is obviously a target, would be stupid not to think that and i'm still certain we'll win it regardless of previous performances. Winning the UCL tho would allow us finally to put Moscow and previous screwings out of the memory for good.

If you ask JT, Lamps and Drogs what they wanna win most, they would say the UCL no doubt.

Edited by OllieCFC

shit manager.....you sir are an imbecile, you bashed ancelotti from the start before he came and only come on when a result didnt go your way. go ahead sack him and i ask who will you hire? the man is a good manager, a very good one, your sitting at worst 2 points ahead simple as that. if it were anyone else you would be happy, you simply have something against him and you have no argument why. you arent playing great footy of late thats true...but its always easiest to blame the manager, you have been a bit unlucky but from what i can see the manager isnt the problem. when the players begin to come out and claim the relationship with player and coach is bad or there is little understanding then its the manager, but right now there is none of that.

as for the transfers, it doesnt make sense to me to spend upwards of 40ml pounds halfway through a season for a striker that cant play champions league, is a risk and will most likely be benched as anelka and drogba are the starting strikers...and i dont see a formation change.

ancelotti and the club must have faith in borini,sturridge and the likes, theres nothing wrong with that, give them a run, drogs and anelka bar injury dont look like stopping any time soon.

Imbecile? Your the Juve supporter! This is a blues forum mate. I only come on here when results don't go my way??? Um Wanker, this is a forum! I can say whatever i want! Who will i hire? Honeslty, are you that dumb? Guus Hiddink mean anything to you? The lads played some of there most devastating Football under this man. Have you ever seen them play as good as they did against Liverpool in the first leg of the CL? I guess not, Too busy sulking about Juve getting knocked out like the pieces of shit they are...