Miroslav Stoch on loan at FC Twente

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Miroslav is having a fine season at Twente is very much impressing there. His problem is that he is most definately a winger (although i have seen him play some excellent games behind the forward) and is playing the whole season as a winger. We on the other hand are playing a midfield diamond, when he comes back is there going to be a position for him to force his way into? I certainly hope so because he is a big talent.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the Hoopla surrounding the debut of Kakuta, we are forgetting that there is a 20 yr old in the dutch league who has been giving sterling performances for the League Leaders.

Miroslav Stoch has been a revelation and I am sure Ancelloti has an eye on him. I am not saure if he will be brought back any sooner. May be next yr he might be sent bck to Twente to continue with them and in 2011 might be brought back to replace Deco and Ballack in the midfeild.

Also, he isnt just a winger but also an attacking midfielder who can play LCM or RCM. Excited to have him back soon.

It is a 1 whole season at Twente... he definitely had the potential, the problem comes, will we have a slot of regular football for him? I am not sure if Chelsea should send him out for another season of regular football with the EPL Clubs.... hmm

With all the Hoopla surrounding the debut of Kakuta, we are forgetting that there is a 20 yr old in the dutch league who has been giving sterling performances for the League Leaders.

Miroslav Stoch has been a revelation and I am sure Ancelloti has an eye on him. I am not saure if he will be brought back any sooner. May be next yr he might be sent bck to Twente to continue with them and in 2011 might be brought back to replace Deco and Ballack in the midfeild.

Also, he isnt just a winger but also an attacking midfielder who can play LCM or RCM. Excited to have him back soon.

100% agree warnie we should not forget about him. His debut was just as good as kakuta's, he also has played at anfield.

Stoch is a fantastic talent, always has been.... and not too disimilar from Kakuta although Kakuta has more ability on the ball. Stoch has impressed at every single level he has moved up to, and he has not dissapointed with his loan at Twente, infact he has possibly done better than most thought he would..

Next season will be interesting for him, Carlo will obviously know everything about what he is doing at Twente and will take a good look at him in the summer. Maybe a loan in England somewhere will be the next step or Carlo may find a place in the squad for him next season. What i would say is that he is definately a good enough talent to make it in our first team..

Let's hope he can make the switch back to the PL. There's probably a much higher pace and a lot more of passion/agression from defenders wich may cause him trouble...

Pace isn't a problem for him and i am sure he will cope physically also. He can play in the Premier League 100%, as i have said before my only concern now is where we play him in the diamond?

I see the dutch game often enough, the pace is nothing compared to the PL. Though it is good for his tactical and technical ability.

And after all, he stays a winger. You can't change anything about that. you could put him at the top of the diamond, but that would be a waste of his skills. I think the position that comes closest, so he can display his quality well, would be an more advanced role on the side of the diamond.