Yuri Zhirkov

DavidEU

The Russian winger left Chelsea for Anzhi Makhachkala last week and the fans who attended the match at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow made sure to show their unhappiness with the move, as the player represented CSKA Moscow from 2004 to 2009.

As Zhirkov was whistled and booed by Russia's own fans, Pavlyuchenko did not hide his frustration with the national team's supporters.

"I was frankly shocked. I do not know why these people come to football. To whistle Zhirkov? I do not understand," the Tottenham man said.

"If it was me, I would probably not pay attention and I would worry about playing. I think the coach and the Russian federation should do something about this because this is impossible."

His wages will dwarf the earnings of Lionel Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

I thought Eto'o still had a lot more to offer at a competitive level. It's a shame he will glady play in russia, if it means earning more than Messi & Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

Smh..

He's won everything there is to win. Why not make insane money, he will probably never be offered the figures he's being offered now. Eto'o isn't some 25 year old with no medals. Good luck to him, hopefully with the money he earns his projects in Cameroon and Africa will continue and help poor children.

Why he'd buy a Russian club, I'll never know :lol:

He is from the Republic of Dagestan (though he isn't from the town of Makhatchkala). Therefore I presume he bought this club because this it is his country's team.

But I do agree, he could have bought an english/spanish club.