Yuri Zhirkov

DavidEU

I was never happy with this left wing / left back tag ... IMO he is a winger pure and simple. As others have said his time in that position has been limited.

we have Bertrand and RVA available as cover for Ashley. even worse was Yuri played in midfield ... Since we havent signed a winger I think it

madness to sell one of the two genuine wingers we have

I feel sorry for him because he didnt get the Chance he deserved and i will always remember him for the Man of the Match display he put in against Bolton at home last season when we won 1-0, Good luck in Russia Zhirkov! :blue scalf:

Guest justin_3d

Good luck to Yury and thanks for the time.

Now let's use that money on a new winger.

Mata is on the low, with Arsenal bidding. We can out bid them and piss them of! :D

Good luck to Yury and thanks for the time.

Now let's use that money on a new winger.

Mata is on the low, with Arsenal bidding. We can out bid them and piss them of! :D

mata aint on a low anymore. His 18 mill buy out clause went up last weekend to 50 mill euros or something like that

Guest justin_3d

mata aint on a low anymore. His 18 mill buy out clause went up last weekend to 50 mill euros or something like that

You serious?

He is on his last year, right?

If they don't sell him now, he will go for free in the summer.

And how can a buy out clause go up, if they don't agree new terms with the players?

You serious?

He is on his last year, right?

If they don't sell him now, he will go for free in the summer.

And how can a buy out clause go up, if they don't agree new terms with the players?

no idea the line from guillem ballague (however its fuckin spelt) and some spanish correspondant on the radio today were saying that le arse had until last weekend to seal a deal for 18 odd mill but they were waiting to sell cesc first so they never responded. Now apparently the buy out is up big time. I aint standing over it as gospel but its what those 2 said and the guardian is running a similare story

http://www.sovsport....cle-item/471771

- One of football agents, which is close to the leadership of "Chelsea", said the deal with "Anji" will be held in the near future - Fifield began to talk. - Last week I had a conversation with head coach Andre Villas Boas . He openly declared that "Chelsea" is necessary to unload payroll, as players salaries are high enough. First and foremost Villas-called Boas Zhirkov, Mikel Obi , Alex. And if the "Chelsea" an invitation to a transfer Zhirkov, they are unlikely to be abandoned. The club immediately becomes possible to free up space in the composition for Luke Modrica . I would be surprised if the transition does not take place Zhirkov. Yuri did not get much playing time last season, his contract ends soon, so it is more convenient case for his move is not found. "Chelsea" will receive a lot of money.

so Alex, Mikel, Zhirkov out ?

According to several sources from the Russian Press, Chelsea and Anzhi didn't agree the fee because although Zhirkov has already (according to the sources) agreed the personal terms and has already spoke to the players and the staff ; Chelsea seems to ask 26m for Zhirkov to cash funds for Modric.

But for the billionnaire it's not a problem I think. And Chelsea needs the 17th spot in the list of 25 so they have no really choice of accepting to reduce their asking

Zhirkov was in a kind of holidays the staff gave the players until wednesday, he was at Moscow but according to sources, he is back in London.

According to Dominic Fifield from the Guardian, the deal is almost done, the russian press says it's 99% done... So who trust ?

Zhirkov on the move for £13 million+? I hate to see players leave but he always seemed to be a bit part player who couldn't quite find his place in the team. The potential deal sounds good for both clubs and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Zhirkov back to London

Chelsea and Russia national team midfielder Yuri Zhirkov today flew from Moscow, where he spent two days, to London.

As we have previously reported that Zhirkov has agreed a contract with "Anji" and the term of the agreement will be for four years, although the midfielder has refused to speak on this subject, noting that he arrived in Moscow for the weekend.

I was never happy with this left wing / left back tag ... IMO he is a winger pure and simple. As others have said his time in that position has been limited.

we have Bertrand and RVA available as cover for Ashley. even worse was Yuri played in midfield ... Since we havent signed a winger I think it

madness to sell one of the two genuine wingers we have

we should buy a left winger if we sell yuri and malouda is not good enough dry.gif