Yuri Zhirkov

DavidEU

This is excellent news and I hope it goes through.

We have Ashley as first choice LB with PVA or Bertrand as backk up. We need a better player than Malouda or at least somebody to come in and provide serious competition for his spot, something Zhirkov doesn't do. Whatever you think of Malouda he contributes far more than Zhirkov does and that is a fact.

Now to find buyers for Ferreira and Kalou next...

This is excellent news and I hope it goes through.

We have Ashley as first choice LB with PVA or Bertrand as backk up. We need a better player than Malouda or at least somebody to come in and provide serious competition for his spot, something Zhirkov doesn't do. Whatever you think of Malouda he contributes far more than Zhirkov does and that is a fact.

Now to find buyers for Ferreira and Kalou next...

Malouda is far better than Zhirkov.

And no Ferreira has impressed me in preseason :P

Malouda is far better than Zhirkov.

And no Ferreira has impressed me in preseason :P

Paulo is 3rd choice RB. He is hardly going to feature so what is the point of him taking up a space in the squad with little to no contribution from him?

Paulo is 3rd choice RB. He is hardly going to feature so what is the point of him taking up a space in the squad with little to no contribution from him?

He should be 2nd choice, he's better than Bosingwa.... and he can actually cross ha.

I would take Paulo over Bosingwa any day of the week.

Bosingwa has a higher sales value because he is younger, so i would definitely sell him.

unlike Malouda who is more of a CM these days.

You think he's a CM because Carlo played him as a CM most of last season(after Torres came), and AVB played him as a CM so far except one game that he

realy played as a winger(and wasn't bad at all).

Kind a sad you got 5 'Likes' for this post. Not that you said somthing that is so awfully wrong, but Five people? try to think things through people.

Look at our formation before the game maybe...

I would take Paulo over Bosingwa any day of the week.

Bosingwa has a higher sales value because he is younger, so i would definitely sell him.

I would rather rotate between the two. If we play several games in succession Paulo will be wheezing by the end of it, and will easily be shown up by pacy wingers like Bale.

As for Zhirkov, he's definitely a player I would hate to let go of, on account of his ability alone. But the fact is with the injuries he has suffered over the past 2 seasons, his departure wouldn't affect the squad much.

I would rather have the opportunities he got to play on our left side given to a youngster instead... There are just too many waiting in line (Gael, Bertrand, Van Aanholt....

You think he's a CM because Carlo played him as a CM most of last season(after Torres came), and AVB played him as a CM so far except one game that he

realy played as a winger(and wasn't bad at all).

No, I think he's a CM now because that's how he plays. We lined up with a 4-3-3 last season, on paper atleast. On the pitch it was more like a Christmas tree with Malouda playing slightly behind the striker but mostly central. How often have you seen him beat a man and put in a decent cross? His game revolves around running the left-central channel while combining with whoever is available - Cole, Lampard and the striker.

Zhirkov is more of a winger than Malouda. More pace, better crossing. Malouda is better in terms of directness, trickery, strength and touch but gets too central in a bid to get goals. He started out as a winger against Villa, how many times did you see him play like one in the first half? We were crying out for width .

With AvB's affinity for width and pace down the flanks, I'm surprised it's Zhirkov who's making way.

He is the only genuine Left Winger we have in the squad, so I would be disapointed if he leaves.... But hey, in the other hand he never has been seen as a left winger, but as a left back or left midfielder... So it not as if we loose a LW actually.... Hence, if the price is right, seal him.

But after that, we will have to look for a LW. The only player who could play there, is Malouda, and I think his days as an attacking player are over. If we keep him I personaly would like him to be played in the n°8 position, because I believe it is there he will be the more efficient. And I don't think we have a left winger good enough in our academy or reserve to play with the first team.

So, the sell of Zhirkov can free us funds to buy a new Left winger. All in all, the sale might not be that bad.

You mean good for all?

It's good only for Anzi.And I'm totally agree with crazy1, Zhirvov deserves more chances.I saw him in CSKA and our nat.team many years,he not shown 10% of his potencial in Chelsea.What if Cole will be injured so who can replace him?

It's good only for Anzi.And I'm totally agree with crazy1, Zhirvov deserves more chances.I saw him in CSKA and our nat.team many years,he not shown 10% of his potencial in Chelsea.What if Cole will be injured so who can replace him?

Van Aanholt or Bertrand would do the job.

Bertrand.

This is a good deal for Chelsea imo... 15m for a player who hardly did anything here, and we also get one more free slot for a non homegrown player.