Yuri Zhirkov

DavidEU

Indeed. His other problem is he seems to fall victim to a lot of niggling injuries that keep him off the pitch.

He did also suffer from injuries of players around him, Lampard injured himself and Carlo put him in the middle, Malouda was one of the untouchables of Ancelotti so he has never played on the wing... He has always been a replacement solution, never yet the first choice. He is the true left winger whom Malouda isn't anymore so he deserves his chance

I think the best thing to make would be signing him a new contract before November, he could only be better with confidence from the club ; thing he probably didn't have wth Ancelotti (contrary with Ramires by example)

The departure of Bryan English is a good thing, in France there was an interview of Pierre Hamon the French surgeon who operated Essien ; he said Bryan English didn't respect the time needed after an operation. Usually this magazine is crap, they want to be a french tabloïd... It's the first instructive thing I found on it

http://www.le10sport.com/Football/Foot-Anglais/La-verite-sur-le-cas-Essien-220749692.html

The departure of Bryan English is a good thing, in France there was an interview of Pierre Hamon the French surgeon who operated Essien ; he said Bryan English didn't respect the time needed after an operation. Usually this magazine is crap, they want to be a french tabloïd... It's the first instructive thing I found on it

http://www.le10sport...-220749692.html

To be fair. In Essien's case, even the Ghanian FA's doctors f*cked up on a major scale. They even misdiagnosed him when he got injured in the ACoN.

Not that I'm defending English if this is true.

Yes, his set pieces were impressive in pre-season. Nothing amazing, he has always been a great crosser.

At least we won't have Anelka or Malouda taking set pieces anymore this season, even Lampard didn't kick great ones...