David Beckham

Beckham is the sort of player that should be brought in on loan during the ACON, he has the quality that could win us games when the likes of Didier and Essien are out of the squad.

i agree

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw new fans, they'd all be shit glory hunters that know fuck all about football anyway.

We could use all the money we can get. If it means more recognition, more sales, etc....I am for it as long as it doesn't cost TOO much and gives us some sort of advantage

As I said in another thread, I am fine with or without him though I think he has aged a good bit more than some here believe....in terms of steps and accuracy.

we´ve found our impact player in Zhirkov if you ask me.

I ´ve been watching the Russian National team a lot, and i think Yuri really fits into our squad.

Beckham is a great player, or at least he was brilliant at United, but i am afraid he lost his legs during his time at Galaxy.

I respect him and rate him very high for England, but i think he wouldn´t come here and play only 20 minutes

Okay, do we really want to deal with the drama that follows him?? Really, I think we can find an "impact" player in someone else without the circus that is Beckham!! And do we really want all the fly by night fans that come with him??? Really if I see one more LA Galaxy Jersey with his name on it or have one more American person who thinks he's the very very best football player ever I may vomit... even EPCOT puts them out at the world showcase and not in the UK in the USA area??? Don't you think they could put Donovans out?? Sorry, this American is tired of hearing about Beckham and how he is going to make "soccer America's sport" well we need to call it football and we need to realize the rest of the world knows something the Americans don't. rant.gif Okay, I'm done, I'll stop... I think.... I am so tired of this spectacle... is it obvious???

Okay, do we really want to deal with the drama that follows him?? Really, I think we can find an "impact" player in someone else without the circus that is Beckham!! And do we really want all the fly by night fans that come with him??? Really if I see one more LA Galaxy Jersey with his name on it or have one more American person who thinks he's the very very best football player ever I may vomit... even EPCOT puts them out at the world showcase and not in the UK in the USA area??? Don't you think they could put Donovans out?? Sorry, this American is tired of hearing about Beckham and how he is going to make "soccer America's sport" well we need to call it football and we need to realize the rest of the world knows something the Americans don't. rant.gif Okay, I'm done, I'll stop... I think.... I am so tired of this spectacle... is it obvious???

Here, fucking here!

Get fucked Beckham. I don't want to see him in blue ever.

Edited by thejolta

Okay, do we really want to deal with the drama that follows him??

I think we have the capacity to yes...deal with such drama. We have men in the locker room with enough experience to calm things down if they get too heated.

Note that I do not want him but if we did get him, I do not think the off-field drama would be TOO big a distraction

I would think the board would have completely lost the plot if they made an offer.

Ego maniac, the only transfer Mr Beckham has given his full attention to is his overdone bodyart.

I heard Hull were interested, but he wont be coming to SW 6 . Those that want him can have him on the PS 3 ''My FIFA'' menu, ''Transfers''....

• 2 weeks later...

Fabio Capello has warned David Beckham that his World Cup dream is dead unless he secures a return to Europe this winter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0No73InP5

the Beckham rumors have start up again :wacko: but saying that Beckham could play the pirlo role he's done it for england in the past before and Drogba and Anelka would have a field day with Beckham in the team and he would be cheap too...

P.S. look at the money we would make with the Beckham brand...........

Edited by the wes

I'd be very happy to have him come from Jan to March. He would work his balls off trying to impress Capello, and Carlo used him to brilliant effect at Milan (allbeit in a hideously slow league).

He has delivered at top levels through out his career time and time again, he would bring in some extra revenue, and it would just be a short loan. And who knows, it might help England too.

Oh dear god is this roumer still going???

Where on earth would he play in our set up and he is not as good as any of the players who's position he would play in.....

Would be an awful signing, the only slightly redeeming feature of signing him is that he would flog a few shirts, but we would actually have to play him for that to work...

• 1 year later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You