David Beckham

David Beckham on brink of returning to English league with Chelsea

EXCLUSIVE by Paul Smith

Carlo Ancelotti's audacious bid to steal Beckham away from AC Milan and LA Galaxy.

David Beckham is set to join Chelsea as part of Carlo Ancelotti's blueprint for the club.

The Italian coach will make an audacious attempt to hijack Beckham's return loan deal to AC Milan and bring him back to the Premier League in the January transfer window.

Milan are expected to announce tomorrow that Ancelotti is leaving, paving the way for him to succeed Guus Hiddink at Stamford Bridge this summer. Ancelotti was the driving force behind Becks' loan move to Milan in January and a source close to the coach last night confirmed: "The first thing Carlo will do is try to negotiate a deal to take Beckham with him."There has been a lot of talk about various players, including Kaka, following him to Chelsea but he is confident he can sort out a deal to take Beckham on loan from LA Galaxy."

[email protected]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, let's become the PL's retirement home.

well he also has a nack for creating the worlds best. sort of like ferguson with ronaldo, ancellotti did the same with kaka'

and soon Pato.. allthough pato would have to come here to complete the ancellotti experience :eyebrows:

Reports have suggested Chelsea managerial target Ancelotti is keen on bringing Beckham to Stamford Bridge if he does take over from Guus Hiddink this summer with the England star impressing the Italian during his loan stint at AC Milan.

Ancelotti has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea once the Serie A season finishes, but Beckham, who is due to return to LA Galaxy next week, admits it is unlikely he would follow Ancelotti to West London if the Italian does end up going to England.

Asked about the possibility of moving to Chelsea if Ancelotti makes the move to England, Beckham told the Los Angeles Times: "I don't think that's a possibility, to be quite honest.

"At the end of the day, I'm still contracted to the Galaxy.

"I'll be coming back July 11 to start training and then to finish the MLS season. But it's always nice to be wanted, and Carlo has been amazing to me since I've come to Milan, to play me in as many games as he has. I'm very thankful to him for that."

Beckham is hopeful of returning to Milan next season with the Italian giants keen on bringing him back following his successful loan spell this term.

The 34-year-old admits nothing has been agreed with Milan, but he is happy that the Italian giants remain keen on signing him.

"Nothing has been signed yet [for next season], and nothing's concrete. But obviously Milan have already showed their interest in me coming back, so that's a good sign."

From Sky Sports:

David Beckham has played down talk linking him with a possible move to Chelsea.

Reports have suggested Chelsea managerial target Carlo Ancelotti is keen on bringing Beckham to Stamford Bridge if he does take over from Guus Hiddink this summer with the England star impressing the Italian during his loan stint at AC Milan.

Ancelotti has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea once the Serie A season finishes, but Beckham, who is due to return to LA Galaxy next week, admits it is unlikely he would follow Ancelotti to West London if the Italian does end up going to England.

Asked about the possibility of moving to Chelsea if Ancelotti makes the move to England, Beckham told the Los Angeles Times: "I don't think that's a possibility, to be quite honest.

"At the end of the day, I'm still contracted to the Galaxy.

"I'll be coming back July 11 to start training and then to finish the MLS season. But it's always nice to be wanted, and Carlo has been amazing to me since I've come to Milan, to play me in as many games as he has. I'm very thankful to him for that."

Beckham is hopeful of returning to Milan next season with the Italian giants keen on bringing him back following his successful loan spell this term.

The 34-year-old admits nothing has been agreed with Milan, but he is happy that the Italian giants remain keen on signing him.

"Nothing has been signed yet [for next season], and nothing's concrete. But obviously Milan have already showed their interest in me coming back, so that's a good sign."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You