David Beckham

Revenue revenue revenue

how else do you think we would pay back Roman his 350m debt?

Ronaldo/Beckham/Kaka > > New Fans >> Revenue > > Debt Reduction

OR, OR OR

Win Titles > > New Fans > > Revenue > > Debt Reduction.

Either ways I dont want us to bring Beckham in.

Id take Beckham over Deco and Ballack.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revenue revenue revenue

how else do you think we would pay back Roman his 350m debt?

Ronaldo/Beckham/Kaka > > New Fans >> Revenue > > Debt Reduction

OR, OR OR

Win Titles > > New Fans > > Revenue > > Debt Reduction.

Either ways I dont want us to bring Beckham in.

I would feel embarrassed if we bought beckham tbh

I wouldnt be too against bringing him in on loan like Milan did as a squad player. I think he would do a bit of good for the club and the young players could learn from him. He is very respected and would sell a lot of shirts so why not, as lond as we dont actually buy him and make him a permanent feature.

• 1 month later...

Allo guys

been thinking for a while now that we should seriously look at the option of David Beckham. Here is why. We all know that Chelsea's downfall for the past three title baron seasons, has been our inability to change draws into wins.

Take last season for example , Hull (h) West Ham (h) Fulham (a) Everton (a) , these games, all draws and should have been wins (on paper). What we lack is an impact player who can direct the game in a different way in the last 20mins

imangine if you will, 4 more goals in those games, 8 mote points and it would have been another title is the cabinet! Regardless of our poor record against the other 'big 4' teams

now, if we had someone like beckham, we could have brought him on with 20mins to go and players like JT, Alex, Ballack, Drogba, Essien, Malouda , Anelka , Lampard etc etc would have thrived under the service into the box. Those games could have easily finished differently. Also take into account his dead ball service, free kicks and corners, and general distribution.

He'll be avaliable for around £15m, and we'd make that back twice over in shirt sales alone.

What does everyone else think?

Allo guys

been thinking for a while now that we should seriously look at the option of David Beckham. Here is why. We all know that Chelsea's downfall for the past three title baron seasons, has been our inability to change draws into wins.

Take last season for example , Hull (h) West Ham (h) Fulham (a) Everton (a) , these games, all draws and should have been wins (on paper). What we lack is an impact player who can direct the game in a different way in the last 20mins

imangine if you will, 4 more goals in those games, 8 mote points and it would have been another title is the cabinet! Regardless of our poor record against the other 'big 4' teams

now, if we had someone like beckham, we could have brought him on with 20mins to go and players like JT, Alex, Ballack, Drogba, Essien, Malouda , Anelka , Lampard etc etc would have thrived under the service into the box. Those games could have easily finished differently. Also take into account his dead ball service, free kicks and corners, and general distribution.

He'll be avaliable for around £15m, and we'd make that back twice over in shirt sales alone.

What does everyone else think?

Financially (i.e. shirt/ticket sales) it's a decent move, but I am just not convinced that he has the speed/quickness to compete competitively in the EPL (but maybe in Series A).

Financially (i.e. shirt/ticket sales) it's a decent move, but I am just not convinced that he has the speed/quickness to compete competitively in the EPL (but maybe in Series A).

if used correctly, that wouldn't matter. Last 20mins of

big games and used from start in early stages of cup games. Who

needs quick feet to bang in a free kick from 35yards out?

He'd be a free transfer in many senses, due to his marketability. Drogba would score so many with the service. We ain't got a decent crosser in the side at the moment. Bos hits 1 in 4, A Cole even less. And how much of a threat would we become from corners?

He is still class, if he is good enough to play internationals for Engalnd and to perform well for Milan he will have no problems coming off the Chelsea bench. Will give us great depth and open the doors for a whole new fan base, shirt sales, etc... He is Engalish, another plus, and has immense experience. Plus it would piss of the Mancs who think they are so clever with their capture of Michael Owen.

Has been an excellent player, and still shows flashes of brilliance but I dont think he would play one 90 minute game at Prem level now.

As a sub would have an effect, but he has a knack now of unwittingly upsetting the status quo of the dressing room, because of his celeb status.

Weighing up what he could do against the prima donna , circus effect that would be created around SW 6, it's a definite no from me.

Too many tattoos, he looks a fucking mess n all.

I do not want him but I wouldn't be angry or whatnot if we did sign him

He has lost a considerable amount of steps and would only be used strictly for spots deep on the field.

I am not sure how someone could want him using up a starters role for us

Suppose they could take Ballack off after 60 mins -hes quite often shagged come the hour mark....

depending who was on the pitch, I'd think about leaving ballack on soley for his arieal ability.

It's a mixed bag on here really. I feel we should think about it.

Yes he is 34 and this could be his final swan song. He may ask for ridicolous wages, but he will pay for it in shirt sales alone. He'll be able to nuture talents in the academy and maybe even get his coaching badges

even if he gets us just 10 points a season, that's enough to win us the league for past 3 seasons

Suppose they could take Ballack off after 60 mins -hes quite often shagged come the hour mark....

That sounds reasonable. I left a lot lacking in my past comment...I meant taking a starters position from the beginning to end of a game. ^_^

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You