Tevez wants out of United

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ap...chester-united1

Carlos Tevez has decided that it will be the "best solution" to leave Manchester United after reluctantly accepting that Sir Alex Ferguson wants to persist with Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney as his preferred strike partnership. Tevez, who started on the bench against Portsmouth, has attracted offers from Real Madrid and Internazionale but the Argentina forward also said he would consider signing for another English club."I need a regular place in the team to offer my best level and if that cannot happen at Manchester [united] I believe it will be my last year [at the club]," he said. "Out of respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United I do not want to leave the club in a bad way. But in my situation an exit will be the best solution.

"I have many offers already and not only from Spain. I have to see which club I can go to. It's not only Real Madrid and Inter who want me and I need to study the options now, not just from a money point of view, but also because I want to play for a team with a good project and in a country that is perfect for my family. In particular, I want somewhere where my daughter is comfortable."

Increasingly marginalised since Berbatov's £30.75m transfer from Tottenham Hotspur last September, Tevez went on to admit being frustrated by the manner in which he had been left out of United's bigger games. The partnership between Rooney and Berbatov has failed to ignite, the two players combining directly for only one goal all season, but it has become clear to Tevez that he is increasingly seen by Ferguson as the odd man out.

"What I've found in England is that a player can score three or four goals in one match [Tevez got four in the Carling Cup tie against Blackburn Rovers on 3 December] and in the following match not even make the team," he said. "United have a lot of very good footballers but the fact is that I need to play more minutes."

The former West Ham United player has managed to score 13 times this season and his popularity among the United supporters can be gauged by the crowd's persistent chanting at recent games of "sign him up". The signals, however, from Old Trafford have led Tevez to suspect United are unwilling to pay the £22m that would be required to make him their player at the end of the season.

David Gill, the United chief executive, had said that the club would finalise the deal before Christmas, but that has been put back several times and the club's official stance now is that they will not decide what to do until the summer. The problem is understood to be finance-related but Tevez, whose priority is to play more first-team games, is giving serious consideration to leaving even if United do decide to complete the next stage of the business deal they arranged with the player's adviser, Kia Joorabchian, in the summer of 2006.

Under the complicated terms of the agreement, United paid Joorabchian's company £5m for each of Tevez's first two seasons on "loan" and, if they wanted to make a permanent deal, they would have to increase that to a total outlay of £32m. Ferguson, having insisted earlier in the season that the deal would happen, is now refusing to take questions on the matter.

That has left Tevez in a state of limbo and increasingly outspoken about his sense of injustice. Speaking to Radio Del Plata, an Argentinian station he has used before to air his grievances, he questioned whether Ferguson was right to leave him out so often. "My job is to train every day and accept the orders of the manager. But the truth is there are options for next season. I do not understand my absence in so many decisive matches," he said.

Tevez highlighted the fact he was an unused substitute in both the 3–0 win against Chelsea at Old Trafford in January and the 1–1 draw at Stamford Bridge in September. "These are the type of matches in which I want to play," he continued. "There are a lot of players and they all need to play but I haven't been dropped by playing badly. But I have not played in important matches so I have a lot to think about."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Drogba on a late peak of his career, i would say Yes, because Tevez is a very strong player who needs regular starts to show his best. Why not ?

But it won´t happen, simply because he won´t sign for a Manchester United rival.

As long as he doesn´t go to ManCity ;)

"but the Argentina forward also said he would consider signing for another English club"

If we can get him, it would be a fantastic signing. Massive mistake from fergie if he lets him go. Hes one of the best players they have and he would be one of our best if he comes no doubt. Brilliant player.

Tevez leaning towards exit

Carlos Tevez has given his strongest indication yet that he will leave Manchester Untied in the summer.

The Argentine is currently nearing the end of a two-year loan deal at Old Trafford, and Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the club are keen to extend his stay.

But speculation over the forward's future continues to linger and during Wednesday night's 1-0 UEFA Champions League win over Arsenal, Tevez looked frustrated when he was replaced by striker Dimitar Berbatov on 66 minutes.

And now the 25-year-old has revealed he is leaning more towards a departure come the end of the season, with the Primera Division his preferred destination.

Tevez told Cadena COPE: "It's true I've spent a lot of time on the bench and I'd like to play more. But every time I'm given a chance I do all I can to do well and take full advantage.

"Yes, it's like that, it's true I see myself more leaving United than staying here.

"I don't see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don't have any reason to lie to them.

"While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I'm grateful to them.

"My future? I don't know what will happen for my future. I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don't know yet.

"I have no preference for a team . . . we'll see.

"With respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United, I don't want to leave the club. But from a personal aspect, my exit will be the best solution.

"I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn't happen I believe this will be my last year."

skysports

wtf... it would make us look like a 2nd class club if we signed him

getting the scrapes off man-you like a dog under the dinner table

let man city do that ;)

Edited by Terminator X