Tevez wants out of United

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to stay in England and play for one of United's rivals, says Tevez

Manchester United's frustrated Argentine forward Carlos Tevez has admitted that he expects to leave Old Trafford in the summer.

The on-loan 25-year-old feels he has not been treated as 'one of the family' at Old Trafford and claims the club have made no attempt to sign him long term - but insisted he wants to stay in England.

'I am very sad about this but I guess what I'm saying is goodbye,' Tevez said.

'I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season. I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract so I have to leave. I think I will be at another club next season.

'I have not been treated as a member of the family. I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation, I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer.

'The fans treat me like family but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer.'

Tevez feels his form has been good this season but has been frustrated at not being considered a first-team regular by Sir Alex Ferguson.

'Things have changed dramatically this season,' he said. 'I was dropped - yet I didn't perform badly. Sir Alex never gave me an explanation but I never asked him for one because it is not in my character.

'I accepted it but maybe Sir Alex didn't feel the same way about me. Maybe he didn't have confidence in me any more.'

Tevez stressed he was settled in England and would have no qualms about joining one of United's big rivals.

He said: 'It's not true my family are unhappy in England. It's not true I want to leave England for Spain. My four-year-old daughter Florencia is learning English and my wife is very happy living in England.

'We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best League in the world and it suits my style.

'Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United. I would like to thank the United fans for their support. They will always have a special place in my heart.

'If I was a United fan I wouldn't want to see their player in any other shirt but I think they will accept I've done everything I can,' Tevez told the News of the World.

Come to Chelsea :D

Tevez bids farewell to Utd

Carlos Tevez has admitted he expects to leave Manchester United in the summer and would have no qualms about joining one of the Red Devils' rivals.

The Argentine forward recently strongly hinted that he will depart Old Trafford at the end of the season as he reaches the end of a two-year loan deal in the North West.

Tevez, who has made 16 Premier League starts this campaign, has grown frustrated at his inconsistent role in Sir Alex Ferguson's side and claims the club have made little effort to extend his stay.

He said: "I am very sad about this but I guess what I'm saying is goodbye.

"I don't think I will be a Manchester United player next season. I have done everything I possibly can but they have never made me an offer or given me a contract so I have to leave.

"I think I will be at another club next season.

"I have not been treated as a member of the family. I do not feel wanted. I feel bad over my situation, I do, but it's very, very difficult to stay any longer.

"The fans treat me like family but United have not signed me so they do not respect me as a footballer."

He continued: "Things have changed dramatically this season. I was dropped - yet I didn't perform badly. Sir Alex never gave me an explanation but I never asked him for one because it is not in my character.

"I accepted it but maybe Sir Alex didn't feel the same way about me. Maybe he didn't have confidence in me any more."

Former West Ham attacker Tevez, who is a crowd favourite among the United faithful, stressed he was settled in England and would consider joining another Premier League club.

He said: "It's not true my family are unhappy in England. It's not true I want to leave England for Spain. My four-year-old daughter Florencia is learning English and my wife is very happy living in England.

"We want to stay. I want to play in England because it is the best league in the world and it suits my style.

"Any club I join, whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Everton, will be a rival of Manchester United.

"I would like to thank the United fans for their support. They will always have a special place in my heart.

"If I was a United fan I wouldn't want to see their player in any other shirt but I think they will accept I've done everything I can."

skysports

COME ON ROMAN!!

This would be a brilliant signing. Things like "If he's not good enough for man Utd he's not good enough for us" is crap because he IS good enough for Man Utd and he IS good enough for us and for any team in the world. Look how he played today, if he's playing like that for a team he's unhappy at.... how would he be at a team he's happy at?

He would be immense for us. Proven premiership quality too. Its a no brainer GET HIM!

Tevez - A month to decide

skysports

Carlos Tevez expects to make a decision on his future within a month of the end of the season after claiming he feels 'badly treated' by Manchester United.

Argentine ace Tevez's two-year loan at Old Trafford is nearing completion and no agreement for a permanent deal has been reached.United remain determined to hang on to the striker, with Sir Alex Ferguson reiterating that view after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Arsenal clinched the Premier League title.

But Tevez appeared to be waving goodbye to the fans when he was substituted in the second half and expects to leave the club in the summer.

He is unhappy with his treatment by the club and will wait until after the UEFA Champions League final against Barcelona on 27th May before assessing his options.

The 25-year-old told Argentinian TV station TYC: "I know that I am not going to continue at Manchester United.

"I feel that they have lacked respect towards me. It's not about whether they pay Ł5million more or Ł5million less, but I feel I have been badly treated.

"There are ways in which the club is managed that I don't understand. When you don't agree with the manager in how the club is run...I don't have faith in a lot of things that happen here.

"I've been here for two years and the directors have never come to speak to me. Not once have I had a meeting with them.

"Therefore, it's best that I leave the club so as not to clash with Alex Ferguson and the directors. Neither do I understand why I don't play in the team.

"I've asked (adviser) Kia (Joorabchian) not to speak to me about offers during the next 10 days. I want to concentrate only on the final matches that we have to play.

"Afterwards, I've got a month to take a decision and choose where to go."

In one interview during the yesterday's celebration he was asked if he wanted to stay in Man U and he said 'very difficult'.

Please Roman, get him.

Defo!!Before someone else does and he goes on to score lots against us!!!

He waved yesterday and didnt really comment just 'I'd like to stay' something like that so seems v v likely...works his socks off though so Id say Roman go go go!

-------------------------Drogba----Tevez--------------------------

---------------------------Lampard--------------------------------

-----Malouda-------------------------------------Cole-------------

-------------------------Essien/Mikel------------------------------

-------Cole-------------Terry----Alex----------Bosingwa-----------

----------------------------Cech----------------------------------

anyone like the look of that, i think it would be great.

Edited by STEV3O

Looks good Steve. If we sign the boy we defo have some more forward options as we have now. Don´t forget Anelka btw. He can cover for the wingers, or play in 4-3-3 with the boy Tevez and Drogba.

Ahhh i am getting all excited about the attacking skills we might have with Carlitos

Looks good Steve. If we sign the boy we defo have some more forward options as we have now. Don´t forget Anelka btw. He can cover for the wingers, or play in 4-3-3 with the boy Tevez and Drogba.

Ahhh i am getting all excited about the attacking skills we might have with Carlitos

yea anelka is there too, i think if we do sign him we would need to experiment between the 3 of them because teven could play better with anelka whos knows.