Chelsea (4)1-1(2) Newcastle

James

11 minutes ago, zinctek said:

I dont care if we are selling maatsen but if he is there WHY arent we playing him in his position instead of a player out of position.

agree

the only CB I have said for ages to buy who is also a very good fullback is Simakan (who is more than adequate at RB)

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

yeah very clear having the ball in our own half or having the ball at our feet doing FUCK ALL !!!  yay we are winning the stats game. balls to the score as long as we win the stats game thats all that matters to us all.

COME ON! 

I just do not understand our recruitment

it has been horrific for ages

give me a billion quid (or more if we go back to the Rom window)

and I wager all my wealth that we would be a better team than we are now

a vastly better one

Poch is using a defensive CB as LB to balance the team. It's because of Mudryk and Chilwells absence.
Once Nkunku is back and he delivers as we expect him to both in quality of play as well as intensity, then Poch will have more leeway to balance attack/defense.

Regardless how you rate Mudryk in attack, consider how poor he is when defending. Compare him to Sterling or even 20yo Palmer at that.

As to why in this particular game: prob lack of options and trying to retain some teamwork.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, zinctek said:

yeah very clear having the ball in our own half or having the ball at our feet doing FUCK ALL !!!  yay we are winning the stats game. balls to the score as long as we win the stats game thats all that matters to us all.

COME ON! 

If you're actually watching the game, you wouldn't be replying. We're losing thanks to gifting them a goal, end of.

This is our only chance to win some silverware, hence one of the most important 45 minutes of the season upcoming. If Nkunku is any good, then Poch better start using him urgently. No reason to rest him for Wolverhampton game.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

If you're actually watching the game, you wouldn't be replying. We're losing thanks to gifting them a goal, end of.

no we are loosing because Newcastle are a much better side than this shite we have on the pitch  and again lets get another player on in the wrong position. COME ON! 

Edited by zinctek

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I just do not understand our recruitment

it has been horrific for ages

give me a billion quid (or more if we go back to the Rom window)

and I wager all my wealth that we would be a better team than we are now

a vastly better one

example

CBs

here are the top 11 valuation 23yo and under CBs on the planet

I repped every one (some for years) that was not ours already, except for Lukeba (who I do not rate) and Timber (who is too short for me)

609c7a6b8053d1ee356c8dbbb4d8e6a1.png

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, zinctek said:

no we are loosing because Newcastle are a much better side than this shite we have on the pitch  and again lets get another player on in the wrong position. COME ON! 

Manager saw his LB struggling and replaced him. He does not have. a lot of options right now.
I agree Newcastle is the better side, but we also gifted a goal -- it's both.

We also played well considering we are facing a better side with "ready" players who have been playing together for a long time.

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Manager saw his LB struggling and replaced him. He does not have. a lot of options right now.
I agree Newcastle is the better side, but we also gifted a goal -- it's both.

We also played well considering we are facing a better side with "ready" players who have been playing together for a long time.

so we didnt have a left and right back on the bench at the start of the game. yet played 4 CB's ?