Everton 2-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

When you take a slightly terrible Tuchel team and turn it into absolute shite under Potter & Lampard:

THAT'S when you can question the managerial impact.

When you chop up 3/4 th of the squad and replace it with inexperienced 'potential' , all in 2 transfer windows, you CANNOT really question managerial impact, because you really don't have a frame of reference for this team. And this team has 0 achievements to begin with.

So no. Poch is NOT the root cause of the problems today. 

Even if there is someone out there that is better, I won't trust these lot up top to find them.

Do you remember how LONG it took for them to even settle on Poch and hire him? How long are they going to wait till they bring in another real candidate. What low quality interim manager are they going to install

Tuchel's team of 2021-22 was a good team, the team of the first two months of 2022-23 when he was still manager not so. We were crap.
You may not like this because Thomas is a Chelsea hero, but the same happened with Mourinho. 2014-15 very good, 2015-16 awful - sacked.
The sudden demise of Mourinho's team was due to aging players in my opinion and something similar happened in 2017-18, the second Conte season.
Then after Tuchel, Potter failed, Lamps failed and now Poch.
But only in exceptional circumstances do I blame managers because I have seen enough. A good team failing because of the manager is a rarity.
There are some managers who lose the dressing room but the rest are just scapegoats.
Chelsea suffer because for years now they use the transfer windows to buy championship level players.

On 10/12/2023 at 23:04, robsblubot said:

What solution? I think fielding Haaland might break a few FA rules eh.

The roster is what it is. Can talk about management all we want, but there is only so much you can do if the players aren't good enough.

We signed a bunch of "projects" and this is the cost. Why would we expect any different?

Enzo and Caicedo are "projects"? 

I'm led to believe that Poch had a say in transfers, so if so, he's just as much to blame as those upstairs. Also, our last two performances were dire, but most players retained their places. As I alluded to above, he has the power to make personal changes rather than come out with embarrassing comments after such performances.