Wayne Bridge

chrismada9

I wouldn't like Bridge to go, i think he is an outstanding back up left back. But it may be the case that he desperately wants to move on this summer for first team footie!! And i can see how we would work it if he was to leave too.

SWP can go, the sooner he goes and we bring in a replacement the better.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont want to see Bridge leave, He would be playing week in week out if it weren't for cole and half the time he deserves to be playing ahead of him.

Looks like we will be losing another English player.

And Pompey thats an interesting move considering he is southampton born

• 5 months later...

Manchester City agree deal with Chelsea to sign Wayne Bridge for £12 million

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 8:24 PM on 01st January 2009

Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign unsettled defender Wayne Bridge from Chelsea for £12 million.

The full-back has ended five and a half largely frustrating years at Stamford Bridge for the England full-back.

Bridge will be at City on Friday to discuss personal terms.

article-0-02E034A7000005DC-126_468x362.j Wayne Bridge is on his way to Manchester City

Bridge was initially a Chelsea regular after signing for the Londoners in the summer of 2003, but injuries and the arrival of other top stars, particularly Ashley Cole.

His international career has also stalled, with his last appearance in a European Championship qualifier against Estonia in June 2007.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...d.html?ITO=1490

Looks like he's going. Don't blame him really, he's always playing second fiddle to Ashley. Guess that means we'll have Ferreira as back up left back. Hopefully with a view to have Ryan Bertrand nurtured for the first team in the future.

Best of luck to Wayne Bridge. A model professional footballer who will, quite rightly, go down in Chelsea history for that goal against Arsenal. When he first came to Chelsea he made an immediate impression and I for one thought that we'd found a solid, English left-back to compliment the core of our team. He got injured against Newcastle in the FA Cup in early 2005 and from there he really lost his place in the team, especially with the signing of Del Horno and with Gallas operating at left-back as well. But he kept on battling, and even when Ashley Cole came, he had a brilliant season in 06/07 - I remember him putting in two fantastic displays in the League Cup and FA Cup finals, and he even scored in the 1-1 draw against Wycombe when playing as a striker! He was willing to play everywhere, but perhaps moreso, key to play second-fiddle, and fill in when he was required, and he didn't half do a bad job. Countless assists, countless faultless performances, and did I mention that goal at Highbury? Maybe not an out-and-out Chelsea legend in the same category as Tambling and Osgood and Zola, but certainly one of the loya players who was close to the fans' hearts. We can't really blame him for going, but he's certainly a top player and I wish him all the best after five and a half years of service at the Bridge. I know its not a done deal just at the moment, but he deserves first team football and City seem to suit his needs. Best of luck, Bridgey.

Well i'll be gutted if he leaves.. Don't want to see him go to Man City though.

He's a fantastic player and would be playing week in week out in any other team.

Sad to see him go will always remember that goal at highbury and for that hes a legend to me.. Never moaned and fought so hard to get back after his injury which i can still remember the very moment of :(

good luck wayne you will be missed.

Edited by Kez

Not the biggest fan of Russian players (No, I'm not a racist or somtehing..), but I think it would be a good deal. I really like Bridge and I think he has got some skills, but it would be great to have a player, who can play both FB and Winger roles. I'm sure he is better than Malouda..

£12m is alot of cash, but we all know its exactly what hes worth.

To be honest i will be sad to see him go, He was a player who gave his all for the club when he got the chance to play, he did have his ups and downs but what can you expect from a player who starts a game every few months. Good luck to you Wayne i hope you do well for the rest of the season a Man City :)

_40012733_bridge_cele300.jpg

Edited by STEV3O

Good luck to him.

I've always prefered Bridge to Ash. Not because of his Arsenal links but because I feel he can offer more to the team going forward. His quality of crosses are excellent compared to Ash who continues to miss-hit 9/10 crosses he puts into the box.

He's a model professional imo. He never complained and was always there to do a job when called upon.