Chelsea 4-3 Brighton

James

Gallagher is just so slow in the head.

He starts thinking about where to pass the ball, only after he receives it. That's why he holds on to it for too long and just ends up either doing a back pass or giving away possession.

Some things just can't be coached I guess 

Decent workout, that. We grew into the game. Gusto held up well against Mitoma which is encouraging. Chilly looks very sharp going forward. Colwill looks like an absolute gem with those long passes. Nkunku looks lively.

Only genuine concern was how our midfield 3 looked very poor and shaken against the aggressive Brighton press. BUT that’s to be expected with Gallagher and a couple of teenagers making up the midfield. With Enzo, Caicedo hopefully, and a 3rd midfielder (Kudus?) that will dramatically improve.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Santos looks a bit overwhelmed against PL opposition. 

I think he has been pretty decent, played some good defence

he has chickenhead for a partner so not an easy task with pinball Brighton

21 minutes ago, zinctek said:

kepa is looking good with his feet and confident doing so. 

Really? He's got a good first touch and control but his actual distribution is rubbish.

Just now, Tomo said:

Really? He's got a good first touch and control but his actual distribution is rubbish.

And he is too slow for my liking... slows the game down way too much and allows the opposition to re-organise.