Ângelo Gabriel

James

heh a loan sounds about right to me. He looks like a great talent, but his numbers are nowhere near Neymar levels -- hate those comparisons tho. The level of opposition, physicality, and speed of the game makes the PL esp challenging for young Brazilian players. He will need time anyway and suppose, better to get some playing time than not.

If we want players to stay and fight to be in the starting XI or the whereabout, then we need to be going for a different type of player.

BTW, Santos is one of the worst teams in the Brasileirao this season. So is Vasco btw, where the other Santos came from... way to many Santos.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DDA said:

Why on Earth did we not keep this kid around. He looked soo hungry in pre-season. The energy and creation he brings to the right wing is perfect. Fucking tragic decision by Potch I'm afraid. Not good enough.

When I saw him play the 90 mins, I knew he must have cooked yesterday. Espec as they were 2-0 down and he was left on, he obviously impressed. He has played his way into the team now.

Him and Santos should be playing for us , the latter is stuck on the forest bench. Honestly it’s shocking management from poch . I was excited for his appointment but he has absolutely shat the bed so far. Unacceptable 

33 minutes ago, lucio said:

Him and Santos should be playing for us , the latter is stuck on the forest bench. Honestly it’s shocking management from poch . I was excited for his appointment but he has absolutely shat the bed so far. Unacceptable 

the Santos to Forest loan was CRIMINAL negligence due to a shit destination

he should have went to Sporting Lisbon, hands down

great manager in terms of youth development and almost zero competition (they have ONE CMF on their roster, and he is meh)

plus Portuguese speakers, so the lad would have been very comfortable (not to mention a superb city to chill in during down time)

It is just insane that little amatuer me could see that after a 5 minute search of great loan clubs when ALL things are taken into account

still raging

On 18/09/2023 at 23:04, Vesper said:

the Santos to Forest loan was CRIMINAL negligence due to a shit destination

he should have went to Sporting Lisbon, hands down

great manager in terms of youth development and almost zero competition (they have ONE CMF on their roster, and he is meh)

plus Portuguese speakers, so the lad would have been very comfortable (not to mention a superb city to chill in during down time)

It is just insane that little amatuer me could see that after a 5 minute search of great loan clubs when ALL things are taken into account

still raging

Im sorry but there is a pretty good chance that if he’s not good enough to be playing most weeks at Forrest ahead of their midfielders for whatever reason, likelihood is he is not good enough to be playing for Sporting Lisbon as well. Not as if Forrest are a better side than Sporting. We will see how it goes to January I suppose but I doubt if he can’t get regular minutes at NFFC it would of been a good move putting him to Sporting.

He was linked with Porto & Salernitana IIRC but apparently we seen him as a “first team player”. Then signed Lavia and he was shipped out. So again, the strategy and footballing vision, his place in it, seems to be very conflicting views from first team player to out the door at the end of the window.

Him, Caicedo, Ugo, Lavia…. all similar profiles and all a similar age group. Don’t see them all being here in the long term.

I mean people are saying it’s shocking management from Poch loaning him (& Angelo) but is it shocking management from Steve Cooper not playing Santos regularly? Or are we just arrogantly expecting he was going to go in and blow their guys away and start every week as we usually do with loan players - despite the fact he has no experience in European football 😂

Thought at the time and still think people need to ease expectations on this kid. That senior cap for Brazil seemed to hugely inflated his reputation. I think Strasbourg would of been a good platform for him & chance to work with Patrick Viera. Same with Angelo, let the guy develop at his own pace, if he were here and was playing same as the others it would be why didn’t we loan him. I don’t think his talent is anywhere near the same as the likes of a Vini or Rodrygo where they can adapt much better to European football going to a top team.

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Im sorry but there is a pretty good chance that if he’s not good enough to be playing most weeks at Forrest ahead of their midfielders for whatever reason, likelihood is he is not good enough to be playing for Sporting Lisbon as well. Not as if Forrest are a better side than Sporting. We will see how it goes to January I suppose but I doubt if he can’t get regular minutes at NFFC it would of been a good move putting him to Sporting.

He was linked with Porto & Salernitana IIRC but apparently we seen him as a “first team player”. Then signed Lavia and he was shipped out. So again, the strategy and footballing vision, his place in it, seems to be very conflicting views from first team player to out the door at the end of the window.

Him, Caicedo, Ugo, Lavia…. all similar profiles and all a similar age group. Don’t see them all being here in the long term.

I mean people are saying it’s shocking management from Poch loaning him (& Angelo) but is it shocking management from Steve Cooper not playing Santos regularly? Or are we just arrogantly expecting he was going to go in and blow their guys away and start every week as we usually do with loan players - despite the fact he has no experience in European football 😂

Thought at the time and still think people need to ease expectations on this kid. That senior cap for Brazil seemed to hugely inflated his reputation. I think Strasbourg would of been a good platform for him & chance to work with Patrick Viera. Same with Angelo, let the guy develop at his own pace, if he were here and was playing same as the others it would be why didn’t we loan him. I don’t think his talent is anywhere near the same as the likes of a Vini or Rodrygo where they can adapt much better to European football going to a top team.

Completely disagree.

They only have one CMF on their entire roster and have a vastly better manager in terms of youth development. 

Cooper, on the other hand, is a typical overrated Brit (Welsh in this case).

He always looks like just found a turd in his oggie.

de043ff5f2975d0f15f72d341bbdeb6cY29udGVu

Poch decision was simply to say he doesn’t see Santos getting game time once Caicedo and Lavia were signed. The club took the call to send him to Forest. 

the club made good calls to send Casadei to Leicester, others to Strasbourg. But Forest playing low block football was a bad idea

Hope Santos can salvage something out of this loan - work his way into the team and get experience. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Completely disagree.

They only have one CMF on their entire roster and have a vastly better manager in terms of youth development. 

Cooper, on the other hand, is a typical overrated Brit (Welsh in this case).

He always looks like just found a turd in his oggie.

de043ff5f2975d0f15f72d341bbdeb6cY29udGVu

I severely doubt Sporting have gone into their season with 1 CM in their squad. Hjulmand and Morita been their go to duo in the middle of the park this season. But even then, they weren’t even linked at all (even when we went for Ugarte) so plucking them out of thin air as the “perfect loan” for a player they didn’t show any real interest in, is just, well dreaming. 

But we usually tend to do this with our young players and have done for years. All the way back as long as I can remember “Oh he’d be perfect for team X” but they never get linked, they go on loan and ultimately don’t break into the other team as they aren’t that level. 

If Santos is that good and can’t get in to the Forrest team regularly by January, I guess that he’s not that good…. Simple as that. I don’t think they’ve got any outstanding midfielders so if he cannot break in there then maybe another move would of been better. But would hardly say going to the likes of a Sporting Lisbon, if he doesn’t get in the Forrest team, would of been realistic.

Still think the signing of Lavia has effectively ended his long term career here - Lavia and him very similar age group and position.

Also not defending Steve Cooper but at Liverpools academy, Swansea and England u16 & 17s he was pretty well renowned for working with, developing and moulding young players. Worked with the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Sterling, Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe, Foden, Guehi, Gallagher, Gibbs-White off the top of my head across those spells be it academy, club or England. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

8 games with only 1 assist? What stats are you suggesting?

To be honest, I didn't check his goals and assists till now. But I came across that he was on a run of 7+ rating whenever he's started on Whoscored and is among the top performers in the top 5 leagues for 18 year olds.

And he won the Ligue 1 Young Player of the month last month.