Man Utd 4-1 Chelsea

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Then its a worry that the thing Lampard claims to be focusing on is now in this stage

This has nothing to do with training, the players gave up weeks ago.   They're all in pre-season/holiday mode and just coasting through until they can finally say the season is officially over. 

The bigger concern moving forward is the lack of leaders in the first team XI.  We can't go into next season with 50 year old Thiago Silva as the only 'captain' at the club...

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think you're a tad too harsh. There are glimpses of sheer quality. He's still so very raw and lacks composure in important areas. 

Think he, more than anyone, will benefit from a manager like Poch. 

I hope you are right, but I call the way I see it.

I certainly see no glimpses of anything when I watch him play. I don't even know what he's good at, because he hasn't been able to show that he can dribble, shoot, pass... even his first touch has been poor.

59 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I hope you are right, but I call the way I see it.

I certainly see no glimpses of anything when I watch him play. I don't even know what he's good at, because he hasn't been able to show that he can dribble, shoot, pass... even his first touch has been poor.

Even though he was shit yesterday I still see the glimpses. When driving at players with the ball, be it in space or in tight areas, he drives in well. It's just that final piece he's lacking, whether its the touch, finish, etc. This needs fine tuning the most. 

Needs to grow mentally as well. If his first possession is a bad one, it'll affect his entire performance. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Even though he was shit yesterday I still see the glimpses. When driving at players with the ball, be it in space or in tight areas, he drives in well. It's just that final piece he's lacking, whether its the touch, finish, etc. This needs fine tuning the most. 

Needs to grow mentally as well. If his first possession is a bad one, it'll affect his entire performance. 

Sure he displays that impetus for sure. The first touch part is what worries me the most.

That's literally what differentiates the great from the good. That's why I think the "greatness" ship has sailed on that one, because first touch can only be refined, not learned. Yes, a poor mentality can somewhat affect the first touch, but not that much IMO.

Players who excel skill wise will just have a natural good/excellent first touch which will provide them confidence--not the other way around.