Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

ZAPHOD2319

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Panathinaikos is big now 105 x 68 at the same place as it always was.
But it used to be 96 x 48. I 'm sure of it.
SB has a track so can be extended.

In theory the width could be extended, but the length is pretty much maxed out. The length was restricted by Ken Bates determination to build his stupid hotels. He's a hero to many Chelsea supporters, but I can't stand the bloke.

50 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we just won last 3 games would be just 3 points away from top4. 

Yep...except we haven't and are stuck in 10th..10 points from 4th...and nothing against them but unexpected 4 behind 9th placed Brentford! And Brighton..

Edited by Laylabelle

32 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In theory the width could be extended, but the length is pretty much maxed out. The length was restricted by Ken Bates determination to build his stupid hotels. He's a hero to many Chelsea supporters, but I can't stand the bloke.

Wasn't Tuchel actually pushing to make it wider?

Edit:

He did: https://thetransferroom.com/Chelsea/thomas-tuchel-hints-at-stamford-bridge-pitch-extension-under-new-Chelsea-owners

Also I think I can recall Sarri talking about it, but can't find source.

Edited by Vegetable

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we just won last 3 games would be just 3 points away from top4. 

Its over. I've long given up - We won't make the Conference league this season.

Have to convince Reece to stay on and rebuild in the summer.

On 16/02/2023 at 16:39, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is the more logical approach, I agree, but I'd like to see DDF given a go up top. Top six is definitely possible and should be the main target for the rest of the season. If the aim is therefore to maximise results now then that is the argument for Auba. I just want to see where DDF's level is.

What I'm most looking forward to on Saturday however is seeing Lavia in the flesh for the first time.

He was fantastic. Dominated the middle of the park.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

only four pitches are smaller in the EPL than SB

and we are the narrowest

Craven Cottage – Area: 6,500m
Goodison Park – Area: 6,832.64m
Selhurst Park – Area: 6,868m
Anfield – Area: 6,868m (will soon be expanded)
Stamford Bridge – Area: 6,993.41m

Doesn't surprise me. I always have said that I think part of the reasons our wingers struggle here is because of the narrow size of the pitch. Not enough room to stretch the opposition. Martinelli and Saka for example have so much width on the pitch to attack their opposition.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Its over. I've long given up - We won't make the Conference league this season.

Have to convince Reece to stay on and rebuild in the summer.

Thought had a chance of Europa at least but the team in 7th are 7 ahead of us so maybe not. That and the pesky little detail of we need to actually win games to get up the table..