RB Salzburg 1-2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man, Cucu is going to quickly get scapegoated and turned into a “bust” by our fans and the media if we keep playing him in this CB role. We desperately need KK and Fofana back. Cucu misjudges headers, messes up his positioning, and his confidence looks shot in this role and I legit feel bad for him out there.

I don't think he was terrible against MU.. He wasn't great but we needed one extra man for midfield and it we needed Trevoh and Silva for for back four. Today should be fine.

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don't think he was terrible against MU.. He wasn't great but we needed one extra man for midfield and it we needed Trevoh and Silva for for back four. Today should be fine.

I’m not sure it will be any better for him without a natural fullback/wingback on his side. Now he could be even more defensively exposed whilst playing out of his natural position.

Very odd indeed. I understand wanting to get key players on the field, but neither Sterling nor Puli thrive in the WB role. Havertz + Auba doesn't scream goals to me either, but who knows.

Edited by Benchpress

2022-23 UEFA Champions League, Group Stage

FC Salzburg                       2790.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location
Chelsea                   363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportfacts.net/sports/2022/champions-league-salzburg-vs-Chelsea-s1/

https://livestreams.totalsportek.com/game/salzburg-vs-Chelsea/1621/

99283da40d7922d62b282ec4ba72821a.pngb50888aaf62b431da9b74d9a04b407ce.png

Edited by Vesper

15 minutes ago, Benchpress said:

Very odd indeed. I understand wanting to get key players on the field, but neither Sterling nor Puli thrive in the WB role. Havertz + Auba doesn't scream goals to me either, but who knows.

RB usually play 4312 , if we play 352 sterling and puli could see alot of space and freedom to roam whilst stretching their midfield.

I just don’t want qualification to come down to that last Dinamo game for both us and Dinamo. Because I don’t trust this group of players in an absolute must win match yet. 

Please just let us win today and get through…